Deck 2 Wish staterooms-- loud near kids clubs?

ironz

DIS Veteran
Our OGT cabin on an upcoming Wish cruise got assigned, and we are on Deck 2, near the forward elevators and also near what I guess is the forward entrance to the kid's club, on the same side as what looks to be a hallway along the side of the kid's club. Is this going to be loud, with kids running up and down and looping around our cabin area? I don't know if I can change the OGT, but they are selling O-GTY cabins in 9C and 9D levels-- I'd switch out our 9B based on location if it's going to be loud.

I didn’t stay in one of those rooms so I don’t know for sure, but based on what I saw, I wouldn’t want to be in one of those staterooms. It was definitely a bit chaotic by the kids club.

I didn’t stay in one of those rooms so I don’t know for sure, but based on what I saw, I wouldn’t want to be in one of those staterooms. It was definitely a bit chaotic by the kids club.
Thanks... unless the deck plan isn't showing a door somewhere, I can just picture kids running loops around our hallway to the elevator bay to the entrance of the kids' clubs. Will report back. Since it's OGT, I can't change. Sort of wishing I had lied about a covid exposure to cancel this cruise instead of because of an injury my husband had, then I wouldn't be dealing with that or the insurance claims. Maybe it'll be better than I think, though. Or we won't be in the cabin most of the time.

We used the forward elevators to get down to kids club many times and I saw maybe four?? kids total going down the hall I think you are referring to over the course of 6 nights. The main busy area would be right at the entrance to the club. And if kids are checking themselves in and out, most of them took the stairs back up to the atrium from what I saw. On the bright side, there are really adorable murals on the halls surrounding the kids club that you will get to see on the way to your room.

We used the forward elevators to get down to kids club many times and I saw maybe four?? kids total going down the hall I think you are referring to over the course of 6 nights. The main busy area would be right at the entrance to the club. And if kids are checking themselves in and out, most of them took the stairs back up to the atrium from what I saw. On the bright side, there are really adorable murals on the halls surrounding the kids club that you will get to see on the way to your room.
Thank you! That is very reassuring! It's going to be fine, I hope!

Can you let me know what your experience was on Deck 2 (assuming you have now sailed)? I am trying to book a last minute 3 night cruise in March for our extended family, and I need 3 staterooms. The other 2 staterooms are on decks 8 and 9, but the only other stateroom left is Deck 2 OGT, and I don’t want to stick one of our families on a not so great deck. TIA!

Can you let me know what your experience was on Deck 2 (assuming you have now sailed)? I am trying to book a last minute 3 night cruise in March for our extended family, and I need 3 staterooms. The other 2 staterooms are on decks 8 and 9, but the only other stateroom left is Deck 2 OGT, and I don’t want to stick one of our families on a not so great deck. TIA!
Hi! Yes, we have sailed-- the Wish was lovely, other than the lack of promenade deck on deck 4 like the other ships.
We were assigned to 2058, on deck 2 forward. I was afraid that it was too close to the kids clubs, and we ended up getting an upgrade after we boarded to a verandah room, so I can't speak 100% to the amount of foot traffic. However, we did go look at the area, and the hallway we would have been on is a little tucked away, so it did not look like an hall that people would go down unless they needed to.

What I couldn't tell (prior to seeing it for myself) from the deck plan exactly was where people entered the kids club-- which, the entrance to the deck 2 kids areas is from the port side, midship, and it looked like most people entered the club area from the stairs or slide from the atrium. So I think our original room would have been fine.

Enjoy your cruise!

We just got off the Wish and our room was deck 2 aft. Despite all of my other issues, we never had any noise from the kids clubs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter