Deck 8 Disney Wish

Shrfleen

DIS Veteran
Did anyone else have trouble loading Deck 8 today while booking? I tried on 2 different computers and all of the other decks loaded but not deck 8.

Did anyone else have trouble loading Deck 8 today while booking? I tried on 2 different computers and all of the other decks loaded but not deck 8.
This has been true for the past 2 days - same issue for us on Monday. Maybe they're holding deck 8 for something?
We only looked at 6/24 3-day, so didn't know if it was all dates.

We were able to see available rooms on deck 8 for the August 15 cruise. I am thinking maybe it is just sold out on other cruises?

We are also a family of 5 so per @GoofyDisneyDaddy maybe that is why we were able to see it. With so many families who want a murphy bed even though they don't have 5 people (e.g., 3 adults not wanting to share a bed; parties of 4 who don't want to climb up the bunk; 2 adults 1 kid and want to leave the couch down at night and naptime for TV watching) it may be they held back that floor to ensure travel parties of 5 had rooms they could book.

I note deck 8 has a massive laundry center in the middle so I would personally steer clear of midship there. The laundry rooms on the other ships are much smaller and spread out on different floors and even then, they were always such a zoo with people queuing up in the hall and coming by early morning to get the machines first thing. Not to mention saw some nastry arguments when people didn't pick up their laundry right away. Can't imagine it would be super quiet/peaceful with a single enormous laundry for the whole ship next door.

We were able to see available rooms on deck 8 for the August 15 cruise. I am thinking maybe it is just sold out on other cruises?

We are also a family of 5 so per @GoofyDisneyDaddy maybe that is why we were able to see it. With so many families who want a murphy bed even though they don't have 5 people (e.g., 3 adults not wanting to share a bed; parties of 4 who don't want to climb up the bunk; 2 adults 1 kid and want to leave the couch down at night and naptime for TV watching) it may be they held back that floor to ensure travel parties of 5 had rooms they could book.

I note deck 8 has a massive laundry center in the middle so I would personally steer clear of midship there. The laundry rooms on the other ships are much smaller and spread out on different floors and even then, they were always such a zoo with people queuing up in the hall and coming by early morning to get the machines first thing. Not to mention saw some nastry arguments when people didn't pick up their laundry right away. Can't imagine it would be super quiet/peaceful with a single enormous laundry for the whole ship next door.
I was unable to see it for the August 15 cruise on both Monday and Tuesday, haven’t tried today. But we are a family of 4...it must have something to do with party size.

Family of 5 here too. I can see it for the 7/25 cruise. Edited to add that as a family of 5, it's nice that there is a bit of space being saved solely for us. A family of 4 has many more options for rooms than we will.

I had trouble seeing it personally, but my TA got me a cabin on Deck 8 for 8/29!! One of the ones just before the hump that appears to have a larger balcony!!

I think it's a party size issue--but I am not sure. I can see deck 10 from my husband's login for certain cruises but not for others. I'm honestly bewildered!

I booked deck 8 today. I couldn’t see the plan on my computer but the cm on the phone was able to see it and book it. We are a family of 4.

I note deck 8 has a massive laundry center in the middle so I would personally steer clear of midship there. The laundry rooms on the other ships are much smaller and spread out on different floors and even then, they were always such a zoo with people queuing up in the hall and coming by early morning to get the machines first thing.

Do you know what is in the middle of Deck 7? Very Center

Do you know what is in the middle of Deck 7? Very Center

I think the fair assumption is backstage areas similar to the dream class. Storage and staging for the stateroom attendants and such. Other than laundry (which is noted on the deck plans already), there's no common spaces on the decks with all staterooms. We could get surprised, but I doubt it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter