Delete Thread

Oh man, I didn't realize HOW far behind I had fallen lol.

09pFqiLl.jpg

I love the Groot cup! I have the BB8 one (it has change in it) but I may need that Groot cup!

(Btw the Star Lord and Gamora meet and greet in Cali looks so fun, but the large Groot is kind of terrifying)

He does look terrifying, but I'm also super curious about him. I may have to go looking for him in August. If you never hear from me again, I've run off in terror.

"I wish this elevator were bigger"!

Awww, that's adorable! (and the kind of thing I would have said at that age, lol).

I also got in "Disney trouble" again when I opened a drawer in Sephora to retrieve my own make up because I didn't see a sales person).

I've never, ever done that before. Ever. :rolleyes1

Then she invited herself on one of our trips :confused:and was being nice until I told her maybe it'd be better to go next year (since her boyfriend is saving for a house and we already had plans) and she stopped texting me completely. (It really seems like she just wants to go on a trip she said "I'll go even if we break up) :confused3 And finally they were supposed to come over one night and hang out, and didn't come until after midnight when I was in bed for work and kept me up (this is mostly a problem with Josh's friend as he's always late and always bring her along, so I did talk to Josh about that not being okay).

Ugh. This sounds like my friend's fiancee.

That did not make me feel any better since it's still supposed be 9 am. I don't mind that they start construction whenever, but why are they telling people 9 am if they start much much earlier and don't try to minimize noise then?

I would have been livid. I'm glad you went down and dealt with it.

(And it was made even better by the little kid in back of me that was so excited he screamed yeehaw the whole time).

This child would have made my CBJ experience 1 million times better no matter what. I love when kids are super into the classics!
It's my birthday today! :cake:

Happy belated!

#photophobiaproblems lol

Man, I was way behind on your TR! But I am all caught up now! Lots of fun stuff (and some not so fun stuff) happened!

BTW, I am loving your vlogs (which autocorrected to clogs for the record :rotfl:) - so fun! Makes me feel like I am right there with ya!

4. Josh trying sushi for the first time

screen-shot-2017-06-13-at-12-50-44-am-png.244016

HIS FACE :rotfl2:

6 & 7. We're not drunk we've only had 1 drink!

screen-shot-2017-06-13-at-12-51-22-am-png.244020

hahaha very nice photo of you and @xlsm !! You don't look drunk at all :rolleyes1

8. Josh reads something gross on the Leaky Cauldron menu

screen-shot-2017-06-13-at-12-51-01-am-png.244018

Man, he makes the funniest faces!! He must keep you entertained all the time :rotfl:

It's the first thing he turns on every time we get to a Disney hotel, and then he spins around, and says "it's always spinning".

screen-shot-2017-06-14-at-8-50-33-pm-png.244467

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

But that didn't really work out. Neither of us could really find anything we liked, and no one had come over to our table to help us so we just quietly left.

MLhJrm2l.jpg

This always makes me laugh too! I loved The Hills, I miss that show!

Next we strolled through World of Disney. Before we had gotten to DS, Josh's best friend had texted us to keep an eye out for some stuff for his girlfriend's birthday so I wanted to start looking. (I'll save this for another post, but I'm not the biggest fan of his girlfriend because she was very rude and condescending the first time we met; and I was kind of annoyed at having to search out the "perfect" gift for her while also trying to find my family things. Especially because her boyfriend was 0 help and just said I'd know best even though I don't know her very well).

slbqVtol.gif

Ummmm that is ANNOYING. I would be annoyed. Seriously.
Also, Prof. McGonagall gives the best side eye!
And throws the best shade:

giphy-downsized.gif

But here's the vlog from Jenna and I's DS night:

So funny! The Cupid Shuffle is HARD...I always get the directions mixed up :rotfl2:

One of the first things she said though was that they start construction at 5 am, and she can hear it when she comes into work. She seemed to kind of be implying we were lucky to be in a room where we could hear it later than that? :confused: That did not make me feel any better since it's still supposed be 9 am. I don't mind that they start construction whenever, but why are they telling people 9 am if they start much much earlier and don't try to minimize noise then? She also seemed to think because of this that moving us somewhere else in the hotel wouldn't work.

Ummm rude. Some manager huh? I'd be super irritated by her attitude. As if you're paying a crap load of money to hear construction before 9 AM, especially when the information they sent clearly states it wouldn't start till 9 :rolleyes:

Then I encountered the first not so polite employee. While trying to find a solution another person at the desk kept coming up and saying (and he repeated this more than once) "there's construction everywhere, you're not going to find a resort that doesn't have any" in a kind of condescending voice like he was personally offended we weren't enjoying our stay.

What a snot. There are definitely MORE resorts that don't have construction going on than ones that do. We aren't some Disney amateurs dude! You aren't gonna fool us!

I was annoyed because we were missing breakfast and getting to MK early, and I knew once this was settled our plans would probably have to change. Another thing that bugged me that I'll mention here but I don't think I mentioned in the vlog is that I don't believe that AKL and SS were the only resorts that were available. I think they just didn't want to move us somewhere more expensive than our resort because then they'd lose money. I understand why this would be done, but people book resorts in certain areas for a reason. I know they probably didn't want to move us to a monorail resort, but we booked WL so we could be in the MK area and have easy access; and AKL is decently far from everywhere except AK.

I would definitely be annoyed too. It's always frustrating when you've been planning for so long and then things go wrong. Especially when it's something big like this.

Also I just want to add we were very grateful they moved us, and we loved AKL and have no complaints with it. I think they found the best possible solution, but at the same time on vacation having to completely move hotels for something like that isn't a situation I think should be something you have to deal with at all. But I decided before we went I would speak up if something was wrong. I firmly believe that you have a right to enjoy your vacation, and if something is bothering you (within reason) you should speak to someone. We've gone on a lot of trips where in the past I've complained to you about waiters, taxi drivers, etc that were rude, and in retrospect I always wish I had said something at the time.

Around 10:30 am we had everything together, and I had changed around our dining reservations for the day.

I am glad they moved you...obviously not your first choice (which was WL) but better to not have to hear that construction super early. Too bad you couldn't have called that snobby mcsnoberson and been like "hey! no construction going on here smarty pants!" :snooty:

We haven't done Philharmagic since our first trip, and honestly I wasn't so impressed. I think it needs a refurb badly. The 3D looked so blurry that I was getting a headache, and I ended up taking off the glasses and not watching most of it.

Awww I love Philharmagic. I definitely agree it could use an update though, the screen isn't the best quality anymore.

Which I loved! (And it was made even better by the little kid in back of me that was so excited he screamed yeehaw the whole time). :rotfl:

I love the Country Bears too! I am super sad I missed them this last trip. They're hilarious!

I think I was put off from going on it by that weird movie they made that was based on the attraction. It came out in the early 2000's and when I was a kid I remember seeing all kinds of commercials for it. And the movie looked so stupid, and the bears looked so strange.

screen-shot-2017-06-19-at-11-40-45-pm-png.245953

That movie was god awful :rotfl2: I'm glad you gave it a chance!

Next we headed to Carousel of Progress which we haven't watched since our first trip. I just love it so much, it's such a great piece of Disney history, and I sing between every scene :rotfl:

I have MAJOR feels for the Carousel of Progress. It's one of my favorite things in all of WDW. Period. So much love for that attraction! It's definitely one of those classic Disney shows...and just knowing that Walt was involved with it makes me love it so much. They better never get rid of it!

Did you even ride the Peoplemover if you didn't put your feet up and take a picture?

Nope! ;)
Untitled by Veronica Villarreal, on Flickr

Yes definitely a nice savannah view! We were pretty high up last time, and this room was a little lower so we were closer to the animals.

Woohoo! Glad you guys got such an awesome view! Hopefully that made up for some of the chaos earlier in the day :thumbsup2

Great updates! Looking forward to reading more! And seeing more Vlogs :goodvibes

Better late than never, I am following along! :)

I have to say, I love your gifs (especially the supernatural ones :love:)

It's been such a good trip report so far!!

It really sucks that you had to switch resorts, especially since they were so unprepared. I would have been annoyed but I also probably wouldn't have spoken up so it's good you did and even better that you got Animal Kingdom with a savannah view!

:bday: (I know it's belated) I turn 25 this year too and I'm half dreading it and half excited. I don't know which is more yet LOL

I also have horrible balance on buses... every time we had to stand on a bus at Disney I had to mentally prepare to be humiliated by my total lack of coordination.

Loved your latest vlog and you're very soft spoken rant on construction noise ;)
I could hear the beeping that's ridiculous.
Looks like you had fun in MK.
Guess we're going to have to check out the scandalous bears :rotfl:

Thank you! Aw I wouldn't dread it...I don't feel too old...but it has only been a day :rotfl:

Thankfully I have until December :woohoo:

I get kind of annoyed. I don't think it's safe to have so many people standing. (Sometimes they really cram people in at the end of the night and there's nothing to hold onto or you're basically standing on someone else). I feel like you're just asking for someone to fall down and get hurt, and that person will be me.

I totally agree! On our way back from Animal Kingdom to Kidani one night it was so packed that I almost fell on a little kid like 5 times the ride. He thought it was hilarious thank god.

I said it on your PTR, but I'll say it again! Happy belated birthday!!!

We got stuck again! I figured since we're usually playing we never get a chance to take a selfie on this ride so why not.
I hope you took advantage of being stuck!! Getting stuck is how I got my first galactic hero button :)

Next we headed to Carousel of Progress which we haven't watched since our first trip. I just love it so much, it's such a great piece of Disney history, and I sing between every scene :rotfl:
Me too!! I love it!

Did you even ride the Peoplemover if you didn't put your feet up and take a picture?
NOPE! Pictures or it didn't happen.

Oh as for the weird place I got sunburn this day....I got sunburned on my wrists.
That's a new one.

On the bus ride back to AKL we had to stand which is one of my least favorite things. Anyone else have trouble staying upright on the bus even holding onto things?
If I know a bus is going to be full (and I'm always one to give up my seat, it drives my husband crazy lol) I go directly to the back door and stand in the little outcove. It's got the most things to hold on to!

Yes definitely a nice savannah view! We were pretty high up last time, and this room was a little lower so we were closer to the animals.
That's so awesome!! Atleast you got a little pixie dust after the inconvenience of having to move!

I said it on your PTR, but I'll say it again! Happy belated birthday!!!

Thank you again!

I hope you took advantage of being stuck!! Getting stuck is how I got my first galactic hero button :)

I couldn't :sad2: It was at the end in the room where the shooting is over.

That's a new one.

Yeah that's never happened before.

If I know a bus is going to be full (and I'm always one to give up my seat, it drives my husband crazy lol) I go directly to the back door and stand in the little outcove. It's got the most things to hold on to!

The best standing up bus ride I had was when I wedged myself in the gap between the side of the handicap seats and the regular seat and held the railing there :rotfl: I was a lot more stable there.

That's so awesome!! Atleast you got a little pixie dust after the inconvenience of having to move!

Yes it was so cool to be on the savannah again!

I think this was also the day a large blister formed on the underside of my pinkie toe so I was completely fine with this. :rotfl:

Hahaha it always happens! Disney blisters are just part of the vacation...

We had changed our breakfast from Trail's End to a place a little closer to our temporary home...Boma!

gMOhDByl.jpg

Yay Boma!! So yummy!!

Sadly, this is the only trip we didn't end up having some safari time during. :sad:

Sad day. :( Next time!

I'll be interested to hear what you thought of ROL! I'm going in with tempered expectations after hearing reviews, but I'm still really excited to finally see it. :)

I think we could've left a little space between us though because the people next to me took the move down thing very seriously and moved way too close.

5bhFRl0l.gif

It's like when you get on an airplane, and you don't get the armrest down before the person next to you comes...
AND THEY DON'T PUT IT DOWN.

2014officespace15.gif

Also, Energy Drinks?

Zack is a Kickstart person.

tumblr_mryqj94l0V1setwdzo1_500.gif

That doesn't sound like a boring day at all!! Just a nice leisurely pace!! And about right for that kind of heat!! The food looked good at Boma too, and you had an amazing view for ROL!

98 degrees and rising :rotfl:
Even though you had to switch Boma is so good and close
We love GOTG 2 too
I don't like it when they say ok everyone move down :crowded:

9. Josh asked me to take a picture of him doing this...

screen-shot-2017-06-13-at-12-51-10-am-png.244019

I can't! I'm dying! :rotfl:

6 & 7. We're not drunk we've only had 1 drink!

screen-shot-2017-06-13-at-12-51-22-am-png.244020

screen-shot-2017-06-13-at-12-51-27-am-png.244025

We look like we're having way more than one drink's worth of fun, LOL!!

That's right @DexLabDeeDee is back you guys!

screen-shot-2017-06-14-at-8-51-07-pm-png.244469

Hi Jenna!

(I'll save this for another post, but I'm not the biggest fan of his girlfriend because she was very rude and condescending the first time we met; and I was kind of annoyed at having to search out the "perfect" gift for her while also trying to find my family things. Especially because her boyfriend was 0 help and just said I'd know best even though I don't know her very well).

Nope. I can't stand the rude and condescending thing. I think it's just what insecure people do to try to seem cool and aloof?? It's dumb, no matter what the reason. I would not be very into this gift search!

I also got in "Disney trouble" again when I opened a drawer in Sephora to retrieve my own make up because I didn't see a sales person). :rotfl:

Living dangerously!

Then I encountered the first not so polite employee. While trying to find a solution another person at the desk kept coming up and saying (and he repeated this more than once) "there's construction everywhere, you're not going to find a resort that doesn't have any" in a kind of condescending voice like he was personally offended we weren't enjoying our stay.

Maybe it was the same guy who told DH when he asked if there was anywhere at the WL to get me iced coffee, said, "get some coffee and put some ice in it."

Otherwise we've only ever encountered nice CMs there!

*Also just a general note* I have fixed all the Photobucket pictures on my current TRs/DTR at this point, and I'll be working my way backwards at some point.

Still haven't had much time to fix mine, you're on top of things!!

First of all like @xlsm I don't like this ugly scrim, but oh well.

So ugly, ugh!!

We haven't done Philharmagic since our first trip, and honestly I wasn't so impressed. I think it needs a refurb badly. The 3D looked so blurry that I was getting a headache, and I ended up taking off the glasses and not watching most of it.

Philharmagic is a favorite...I keep hearing people say this about the 3D, but I've not had a problem. Maybe I get lucky glasses!!

So I decided it was time for a first for us:

2silwnQl.jpg

Country Bear Jamboree!

A first??? The Country Bears are a never miss! I'm weirdly obsessed. We actually listened to the whole show in the car yesterday when we were out driving, lol!! We all have it on our phones :rotfl::rotfl:

Which I loved! (And it was made even better by the little kid in back of me that was so excited he screamed yeehaw the whole time). :rotfl:

Yesss!! Hooray!!

I know I told you HBD on Instagram, but let's make it DisBoards official, lol! Happy late birthdayyyy!!

@ariane37 I think your husband would like the guy's shirt in front of us, it kind of looks like a collared version his. :laughing:

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Meee too!! I need a shirt!

Btw Josh totally didn't believe me that "Disney walls" were a thing. Then he saw a bunch of people taking tons of photos in front of them :rotfl:

Saw a girl full on having a photoshoot in front of the cotton candy wall when leaving Epcot one day!

I went through a phase where I watched this movie almost every day. Not even ashamed. I'm sad Amanda Bynes went crazy, but I read an article that she's better now. Let's hope so. She's funny!

Giraffes!

rNFGRIWl.jpg

My favorite!! You had a great view! You were farther down than I was on the Uzima.

Nos is the most disgusting smelling energy drink that I never want to taste :crazy2:

I hate energy drinks. My cousin was hospitalized and almost died from drinking them last year. But all that drama aside, mostly I hate them b/c I think they all smell like cat pee, LOL!!

We ended up in the front row! :cheer2:

Lucky!!!

Whew, I did it! I am caught up!! Now I will try to stay that way!!! (and also go catch up on all the others I'm reading...somehow I was MORE busy with the kids gone, not really understanding how that worked!)

I always make Josh take the middle seat :rotfl: the one time I was alone the person next to me was pretty courteous luckily. But on our first trip we flew United and the guy next to Josh kept falling asleep onto the buttons that controlled the tvs volume :laughing:
I make Zack take it :rotfl: I don't know what I'd do if they kept hitting the buttons, that's pretty funny (when it's not me ;))

When we arrived in Tommorowland we decided to ride Buzz, which isn't typical for us. We've mostly experienced the guns not working well.
Aren't non-working guns the standard on that right?! :laughing: At least that's been my experience... or the story I'm sticking to anyway ::yes::

No! The answer is no, you didn't.

And I couldn't help but make the joke that it was 98 degrees and rising constantly...
:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter