deleted

Thanks for the info on the invites. I do not have Photoshop but I do have PowerPoint (at work). I just decided to play with it. I have some WDW pictures on my computer at work and I was able to insert them into PowerPoint, washout the color and layer the words on top. It came out amazing in only a few minutes. This might be something I would consider. I need to use a really sharp, bright picture with alot of color - and not too much sky or ground - because they really washout. We will be down in WDW Thanksgiving week and I will definately be taking alot of pictures. Your invite has definately given me inspiration.

The best of the pictures I have played with are from Italy in Epcot - the building with alot of color. I tried doing it with Space Ship Earth and there is so much sky (even if I crop it) that it gets washed out - and of course the big ball is right in the center so the wording really covers it. I tried doing it with the ball over to the side but it just looks uneven. I will keep trying and can't wait to get some more pictures.

Thank you so much for printing your invitation. I can't wait to get started.

Linda

Hi Kristen,

I had a quick question for you. What information did you put on the "Accomodations" insert in your invitations? Did you just list out the 3 hotel options your guests could choose from? Thanks!

I did check out the website for cardsandpockets and they have some great ideas. As of now if we go with this we will do a buidling in the Italian pavilion in Epcot. I might order a sample from them just so I have a better idea of what it will all look like put together. They have so many great colors then comes the problem of what color to order. As of now my girls will be wearing red with red and off white flowers or black with red and off white flowers so I guess I would go with red, off white and black lettering - I just have to see if that color combo goes with the picture.

Thanks again,
Linda

Yikes. Your MIL sounds like a nightmare! I'm sorry to hear that. It's unfortunate that people can be like that especially to someone that will be joining their family. Stay strong and keep smiling! :)

kristen, i'm sorry that your fmil is a nightmare! mine drive me crazy at times, but she is very kind hearted, df's family is the nightmare...

thanks for posting the additonal invitation info, i'm going to make another postcard to insert into mine. i wish they were done already!!!

Kristen, I am Caryndisneydiva's sister (you may have seen me on her PJ) I will be in Disney this weekend and I'd be happy to look for a treasure chest (like in the pirates area) if you haven't found one yet. If I find one I'll take pictures and you can give me the yes/no. If it's a yes we can deliver it during Caryn's wedding weekend.

Don't let your MIL get on your nerves. Maybe you should have DF talk to her and mention that a woman who owns 3 businesses shouldn't yell at anyone, let alone her future DIL.:rolleyes1

Unfortunately DF has asked FMIL several times to be more respectful to me, but we're still trying to figure out what language we need to learn to get thru to her, because English isnt working :headache:

Have you tried Pig Latin?
:rotfl2:

that's a gorgeous color blue! a quick visit to the rit site shows me that it looks like evening blue...i LOVE that color...

My MOH has a signature photo frame from her rehearsal dinner. It's gorgeous and I would love to do something like this! Since she had people sign it at her rehearsal dinner and not the actual wedding, only about 50 people signed but its completely full! So I'd need a super large one if I wanted to have it signed at our wedding. Can I get one made at a frame store with just any white mat? Or is there a special kind of mat that you can write on?

I'm not sure about the signature plate or the wood burning, but I love the signature mat! I've seen them at the craft stores, Target, and Wal-Mart ready-made. They are usually for 11x14 photos if I'm not mistaken. I'm not sure if you can use any mat, but I'm sure you can. I was considering having the Michael's custom frame department make a black mat in a custom size for me. Mailbelle did that for her signature frame and it is beautiful!

maybe you can have people sign on little papers or something cutr and then you can put them under glass on a wood table and then you could switch it out or add??

I had friends have a bench for everyone to sign at their wedding last year. I'm not sure if they later had the signatures burned into it. We just used permanent markers to sign it.

I didn't really like that idea, but I guess I'm not that sentimental about the guest book. I'm partial to the scrapbook style. Have a page for every family to complete and then add a picture of them at the wedding added later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter