• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

deleted

Lenny,

We were at the Poly last December and had it not been for the discount codes that were advertised on www.mousesavers.com we probably wouldn't have been able to afford it.

We did 15 nights in a private villa and then moved to the Poly for our final 4 nights. As we're a family of 5 we decided to splash out and pay the extra $50/night to go concierge and it's something I'd would definately do again. Although if I'm honest I couldn't stay for more than 4 nights with all the family in one room, LOL!

I've just looked and thought I'd just jot a few of the rates for this coming Nov/Dec.....

All Stars $55/night
CBR & POR $85
AKL & WL $119
Contemp $159
BW/BC & YC $179
GF $199
Poly $229

I'm not sure if you are thinking of booking your holiday through a TA but we saved over £3000 by booking DIY. If we'd booked the same holiday with Virgin it would've come in at approx £7000 and that wasn't even including the concierge rate.

Back onto the Poly though, we thought it was beautiful!! You can sit on the "love seats" on the beach and watch the fireworks and the electrical pageant sail by. It's perfectly located as you only have to jump on the monorail straight into WDW. It really is lovely and I'm afraid we feel we've been spoilt staying concierge!

If you have a scout around on the web and get prices together you may find it could work out cheaper to DIY and with the money you will be saving you could splash out and book the Poly for your final few days.

Give me a shout if you need any more info.

BTW Bonzo & Alison have also stayed at the Poly and I'm sure they'll give you a good recommendation.

Lisa

I am an on-site girl :D

I love the disney magic all the time (can be too much for some people). I liked having Mickey Waffles for breakfast, having the maid make towel animals, having the beanies sat in the window waving for when we returned home :D

We stayed at CBR It had the main pool and a pool for each 'village'. I liked the convenience of just popping on a bus to the parks and watching the EPCOt fireworks from the beach.

Have I convinced her yet??

Kaylee

Hi lenny,

myself my wife and our 2 daughters were at the All Star Movies in April for almost 3 weeks, and what swayed it for us was quite simple. Taking everything into account, it was the cheapest option. Ok, you are now thinking, nutter!!!!!.

This was our thinking; look at the options, on site, with tickets included, off site in a hotel, or offsite in a Villa. Now the last 2 options, you have got to have a car, now with the best will in the world that is what ? 300.00 for 2 weeks, at least. Villa is going to cost 500.00 + per week, there is another grand. Flights, right, cheapest 300.00 each. Then on top of all that you add your tickets, 250.00 per adult and 200.00 per child. Right, lets add that up.

Car 300.00
Villa 1000.00
Flights 1200.00
Tickets 700.00 (1 daughter was only 2)

Total 3200.00

Now that is for a Villa, a hotel off site would probably cost the same, or maybe more.

We stayed on site for 18 nights, included was the Ultimate Park Hopper, which is for the duration, rather than the offsite max which only covers for 10 days, we booked with www.virginholidays.co.uk on line for 3600.00.

Plus, it is the most amazing place to go for a holiday, even though we stayed in the cheapest resort, it was still incredible.

My only problem, is that we may have a long wait for the next trip, as we are planning our last addition to the human race, due in, sometime May 2003.

Extra passenger anyone?

Have a great hols
Steve

Oh by the way Lenny, be careful about the 'I'll buy you a drink' quote, we had a pint and a half of Boddingtons at the English pub in Epcot and it cost almost 10 quid!

Gulp

Lenny,

You've got plenty of time to plan, and with the help of these boards, you'll definitely be able to stay onsite cheaper (DIY) than you could stay offsite with a package. Dh and I often look through the brochures and work out how much it would cost us to stay onsite with, say, Virgin Holidays, compared with how much we could do it for ourselves. Who on earth can afford the brochure prices for the Grand Floridian?! For the time we'll be there in October (3 weeks) it would cost us about £15,000! :earseek: We could do it ourselves for about £6,000 to include Annual Passes and car hire.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter