• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Delta Express Flight Changes BDL-MCO

Poly Pal

DIS Veteran
I booked our Easter trip to WDW 331 days out as soon as Delta would allow you to make reservations. Our schedule has changed 4 times in the past 8 months, most recently yesterday. Our 4:00 pm non-stop from BDL to MCO on Delta Express changed to a 5:30 pm departure. I called Delta and was able to move our family to the Delta Express 1:55 pm non-stop to MCO without any problem and no fees. I was told, "We can make schedule changes to other flights without charging a fee when Delta changes its schedules." "Joe" was so pleasant, I e-mailed Delta as soon as I got off the phone to compliment his good service.

Also, to clarify, the new, un-named, Delta discount airline that will use all 757's will start operations from NY and BOS to Florida in the Spring. Delta Express will continue for the time being in other markets on the 737's.

Likewise, you can demand that they issue a refund arguing that the changes they impose on you are an inconvenience to your party.

They charge us for making changes but impose whatever on you. Well, don't just sit and take it. Demand to be issued a refund on the basis that the changes affect your plans adversely. I have used this excuse a few times I was VERY displeased with changes to a non-stop flight, time, or what have you. Not many may know it but if you are strong about the reasons why you selected what you paid for, they can't just make you take it.

I've said I am traveling with children and the changes are not easy for them to take, I won't be able to be picked up at the new arrival time or can't afford to get transportation.. Whatever, I just refused to take their changes when I did not like them!

Remember, you are empowered. On the Internet a better schedule and fare may be just a click away...

I believe it is called "Rule #240", that if the airline changes the flight times, or puts you on a different flight than your original reservation, you can get a full refund because the change was invoked on their part, not yours. I've heard a lot of people getting refunds when using this comment to the airlines. You may have to push a number of times, but from most of the other posts I've read, if the airline changes your schedule, you should be able to get a full refund if the change is not acceptable to you, by stating that "rule".

You may have to push a number of times

I've even had the phone disconnect on me three times speaking to different agents when I make this request. But like heck, *I* win because it is *my* wallet and *my* interests!

I think United once had me put something in writing and send it to who knows where, waiting about six weeks for my refund. Delta issued a credit to my cc account. They'll give you the run around but in the end you get your money. They do not want to make it easy on people to change their minds.

I never quoted a rule, I merely demanded to get a full refund because their changes impose an inconvenience on me.

People really need to know this if they already don't. This is perhaps the sole time when an airline will issue a full refund of your payment without penalties, when they change schedules on you.

I had my flight on Delta just flat out discontinued. Called them and got on an earlier flight. But my seat assignments were just plain awful. I had booked early in order to get the seats I wanted. Went from row 5 to row 39!! I tend to get a little nudgey if I see all those rows of people in front of me. I have made 3 different calls to Delta and changed my seats 3 times. Now I finally have what I wanted....row 3. Of course, between now and Aug the flight will get cancelled and I'll have to go thru the whole thing again. I refuse to take a flight after 10:00 am. So, they may end up refunding my fare too!!

Do you know if they are changing flights to West Palm also?
I have a flight scheduled from BDL to PBI in March on Delta Express and I am now worried that they may change or cancel it.:(

Go to Delta's web-site and check. That's the only way I could be sure what was happening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter