deluxe resorts - help me decide

SpartanKen

Earning My Ears
If money was not factored in and you had 5 days, which deluxe resort would you choose? The room selected will likely be a standard room.

Boardwalk
Yacht Club
Beach Club
Contemporary
Polynesian
Grand Floridian

Factors to consider:
2 adults and 2 girls 9 and 6.
I will have a car and also plan to use the boat/monorail.
The on-site food options.
Pool time with the kids. (Down time)

Ken

Considering the age of the girls, I'd be tempted to stay near MK. Between the 3 MK resorts, I'd seriously consider the Grand and the Polynesian. I think they are more likely to appeal to the girls than the Contemporary.

We were at the Grand last year and my then 5 year daughter loved the prettiness of it. I do think that the Poly has a better themed pool - so it may come down to which you prefer.

If you do end up near Epcot, I'd be partial to the Beach Club so you can enjoy Stormalong Bay.

This is tough because I like each resort for different reasons. I think for your girls ages the pool area at the Beach or Yacht Club would be a great resort choice. I also think the Contemporary for the convenience to walk or use the monorail to MK.

If Quick Service is important to you, you probably want to drop the Epcot resorts (BC/YC and BW). Contemporary has the best QS of that group listed, but a boring pool. GF and Poly both have sufficient QS and nice pools.

I would think about which parks you will be visiting most and choose from there. If you will be in MK most days, I would look at either GF or Poly, with GF getting the slight edge IMHO, especially with two young girls. It's really the most "princess" of the resorts, has fantastic TS and QS and great pools including an Alice in Wonderland splash pad. I like the theming at Poly, but the QS items are very limited IMHO and Capt. Cook's gets really crowded. I wouldn't recommend CR. It's great to walk to MK, but the pool is in desperate need of a refurb.

If you will be spending more time in EP and DHS, I would consider either BC or BWI. We LOVE BWI. In fact, the BWI pool slide is my DS9's favorite of all the deluxe pools. The theming is a lot of fun, they have great entertainment in the evenings and some great QS options (Boardwalk Bakery, pizza and other food kiosks). The downside - to get to the QS, you have to walk outside, so if it's raining that's not so fun. Beach Club is also great! Super close to EP and a decent QS (though not as nice as Gasparilla's at GF IMHO). Stormalong Bay is a lot of fun and if your girls like kids clubs, the Sandcastle Club is awesome (according to my DS!)

Beach Club if your family would prefer to be closer to the Boardwalk area or Epcot/HS.

The Poly if it would be more beneficial to be closer to MK.

With the ages of the girls, and knowing nothing else about your plans, would choose the Grand. It is my granddaughters favorite resort. I also like the Poly for a MK centered trip. It is lovely and relaxing.

If money was not factored in and you had 5 days, which deluxe resort would you choose? The room selected will likely be a standard room.

Boardwalk
Yacht Club
Beach Club
Contemporary
Polynesian
Grand Floridian

Factors to consider:

Ken

Out of your choices, we've stayed at the GF, Poly, & BC and I would choose the Poly (second choice GF). The rooms are large/spacious, all rooms come with a daybed, they're convenient to MK (Poly's within walking distance to TTC to catch the Epcot monorail), and the monorail resorts have a variety of great dining options (both CS & TS). I think you'll have a great trip no matter which resort area you choose, but IMO, it doesn't get any better than seeing the castle everyday. Good luck!

I would think about which parks you will be visiting most and choose from there. If you will be in MK most days, I would look at either GF or Poly, with GF getting the slight edge IMHO, especially with two young girls. It's really the most "princess" of the resorts, has fantastic TS and QS and great pools including an Alice in Wonderland splash pad. I like the theming at Poly, but the QS items are very limited IMHO and Capt. Cook's gets really crowded. I wouldn't recommend CR. It's great to walk to MK, but the pool is in desperate need of a refurb.

If you will be spending more time in EP and DHS, I would consider either BC or BWI. We LOVE BWI. In fact, the BWI pool slide is my DS9's favorite of all the deluxe pools. The theming is a lot of fun, they have great entertainment in the evenings and some great QS options (Boardwalk Bakery, pizza and other food kiosks). The downside - to get to the QS, you have to walk outside, so if it's raining that's not so fun. Beach Club is also great! Super close to EP and a decent QS (though not as nice as Gasparilla's at GF IMHO). Stormalong Bay is a lot of fun and if your girls like kids clubs, the Sandcastle Club is awesome (according to my DS!)

This. It really boils down to where you are going to be spending the most time. You could even consider a split stay if you wanted. A few days at a MK resort then move over to one of the Epcot resorts. Personally, YC is our favorite but little ones tend to enjoy BC a little more just because the theming tends to be a tad more family friendly.

We've stayed at the Poly and CR. All of us enjoyed both, but CR was my kids' favorite at ages (almost)10, 9, and 7. The monorail was like a ride to them, hahaha! We didn't swim, though, too cold in January. The QS and The Wave are great food options. Walking to MK is a nice perk if you can keep the kids off the monorail. Nice boat ride over to FW or WL for dining, pony rides, wagon ride, campfire fun. Everything was just so easy when we stayed there.

I wouldn't choose an Epcot resort because the pool complex would have meant zero relaxation for the adults with young kids. Mine like to explore and we would have been following them around the whole time. It's big and you lose sight of the kids from area to area. We're doing it next year when my youngest is 9.

Boardwalk
Yacht Club
Beach Club
Contemporary
Polynesian
Grand Floridian

Factors to consider:

Ken

With limited info, I'd choose Beach Club or Yacht Club.

The pool is the best for kids.
Beaches and Cream is wonderful and right there.
There are a multitude of dining option on the Boardwalk.

Cons - Epcot isn't going to hold your young-uns attention and you'll be abus ride away from the rest of the parks.

Brian

I love reading the answers to these questions! We've only stayed moderate so far, but I'm also trying to figure out which deluxe to go with on our next trip. We're finding that we enjoy resort time just as much as parks time as the kids get older (11 and 8 right now). From my perspective, that makes the jump to deluxe worth it. I just have to work in my own family weirdness to the equation (namely - the kids will want pool with a slide but DD hates hates hates sand). FWIW, my kids like Epcot even more than MK, so wherever you end up - you'll have a blast!

As stated, depending on where you will spend most of your time, I would select GF for MK or Beach Club if you want to use the pool and spend more time at Epcot or DHS. From the Beach Club, you can walk to both Epcot and DHS. The pool at the Yacht and Beach Club is the best on property. I grew up staying at the Beach Club and own at the Boardwalk. I love the Epcot resort area.

Poly! It is magical!

Watching Cinderellas castle change colors while swimming at the pool is something the girls will never forget. Fireworks filling the sky with magic while you watch from the Poly and out of the crowds.

LILO and Stitch for breakfast. My kids were those ages when we went the first time, and they still always want to go back to the Poly.

it is a monorail ride away to the MK, with boat access as well.

The Poly is amazingly beautiful and full of Disney touches, but the best is being able to see the castle and feel like you are inside the magic of it all.

We stayed at the poly 3 times then port Orleans, wilderness lodge and upcoming AKL. The poly is to my family by far the most amazing place to stay. Our first trip to WDW we stayed at a castle view room and though it made an amazing first stay, it was too expensive. Our
next 2 stays in regular rooms were just as fun. If you can handle the crazy prices now, stay at the poly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter