Deluxe Stateroom: Inside or Outside??

mjackson

Mouseketeer
We are looking going on the 7 day Eastern Cruise next year and wanted opinions on whether to get the Inside Cat 10 Deluxe Stateroom or the outside Cat 6 Deluxe Stateroom with Verandah (we thought the outside porthole was as good as inside). I have never been on a cruise but my DW has many years ago. Her opinion is you spend little time in the room so why get outside. We will also be traveling with a 4 and 1 year old. So is the extra cost worth having a view or do you spend so little time in the cabin it is not worth it?

We are also debating using points, paying cash, or combination but I see other threads on that topic.

Thanks for the help.

If your kids still nap and I assume at least the 1 year old still does or at least will need to during the cruise. I'd go with the verenda so you can read or talk or have quiet time or separate a 4 year old from a sleeping 1 year old.

I have to agree that during nap time (even mom and dad can nap) having a view or better a veranda is really nice. I would go with the veranda.

I'm in agreement with Tooth Fairy. We won't get a hotel room without a patio, balcony or second room for reasons mentioned. And it's not just napping babies. I take a little longer to get to sleep than DH, so the patio, balcony, or second room is a great place to unwind. HTH! :D

We cruised last year with a almost 3 yo and a 4 yo and I loved having the verandah! While the children napped or went to bed early, I could sit on the verandah and read or talk wtih DH or eat my room service order! (gotta love those huge choc. chip cookies!) We are going again next year and are again getting a verandah.

Now, if it was just DH and I or the kids were much older, then I'd be much more inclined to get an inside stateroom since DH and I really don't spend that much time in the cabin.

Whatever you decide, I am sure you'll have a great time!

Get an outside stateroom!!!! Having a veranda or window makes a ton of difference for how you 'feel' in your room - i.e. gives you that extra 'something' that you're out at sea.

I know this sounds silly - especially if you don't spend much time in your room - but some of my favourite cruise pictures are of my kids crowded in front of the window looking out to the morning sea. *sigh*

Go for the outside, but for me, I can't trust my kids out there (ages 7 & 1 at our first cruise now 9 & 2.5). Something or someone is likely to go overboard. Apparently the verandah sides are high but I'd be concerned anyway. Don't know enough about locations, but remember that some verandahs are plexiglass (can see through) and some are metal. I'd go for the plexiglass so the little ones can see & be less tempted to climb up (and over)

My husband and I have cruised several times and would definitely recommend the outside room. With an inside room you never know what time of day it is. At least with the outside room you have daylight. The room with the verandah would be the best but even just a porthole is nice to have.
Have a fun trip! :p

I totally agree with everyone here.... With two little ones, that is all the more reason to go with the verandah!!! I am like HOPrincesses - I would always try to get room with some kind of balcony... That really keeps DS happy and occupied... Gives us that bit of extra space... That makes a big difference! Otherwise, seems like it would feel like being enclosed in a 'closet' with restless little ones...

We have a Secret Porthole Room booked. Believe me, if the cost was just not completely prohibitive on our budget - I'd have that verandah!!!

Also, you are talking about the Seven Day cruise. I imagine it would be easier to do without that space, light, fresh air, etc for a few days. But, on the longer cruise, again, that is all the more reason to book that verandah! Have you checked into the the category 7 rooms that have the verandah slightly enclosed on one side? They look great to me.

Have been on several cruises with that in mind we decided to save $$ and get an inside cabin. We wanted to use what we saved for the excursions and the spa. We loved the inside cabin it was so nice and roomy and not having a window never bothered us. Most of the time we were off somewhere on the ship but would often take a break or nap later in the day. Still was a great trip for us. Saying that when the cruise was over we both said next time we would get a verandah and not do the excursions. My fellow cruisers have brought up a good point about children and nap time. You also might want to tell DH that the cabins are larger then what he probably had before and that it would be a nice quiet place for you to watch the little mousekeeter and have some one on one time as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter