DESPICABLE ME MINION MAYHEM UPDATES-Please Post them here

buckeev

RedNeck Mouseketeer
OK...I'm "desperately" trying to finalize my "surprise father/son trip" for early to mid June. The MAIN thing he wants to see is the Minion Mayhem, which, still-as of today-nobody knows when it will open. :rolleyes1
Please post up ANY info, rumors, rumblings, brother-in-law's ex-girlfriend who works there....I have on-site booked, but would need to cancel by June 4th-to get my full deposit back. :confused3
We will probably be able to piece together a trip later in the month, but early June will be a lot cheaper at this stage. This trip wasn't budgeted for, so I'm trying' to keep it as "reasonable" as I can.
In advance...Thanks soooo much for the help. :thumbsup2

JUNE 4 UPDATE:
OK...Obviously, the "surprise" trip has been pushed back a few weeks...probably best for me anyway. We'll continue to monitor everything y'all throw out there. Thanks!
JUNE 14 UPDATE:
OK-JULY 2 "GRAND OPENING" for Minion Mayhem appears to be legit...(even though official USO site doesn't have it on there...yet.)
Plan D, E...whatever Plan we're on now, has been enacted. Just changed the On site Chk in-AGAIN-to July 1, since they wouldn't allow me to reserve APH Preview spots. (I purchased, but didn't activate my APs...real dumba, I know). Still may pull into town a day-or-three early to try the early thingee-IF spots are still avail.
JULY 29 UPDATE:
We did work out the APs with Guest Services. It did take some work, but once I got in touch with the right person-(THANKS to Bianca!!!)-things got rolling!
FINALLY! Loading up this morning! Gonna hafta split the drive, but still aiming for the Sunday AM APH Preview...and Monday's "Grand Opening!".
The boy knows we're going, but thinks we're leaving Saturday night! He actually DOES like good surprises, so I think this will go over pretty well with him!
POST-TRIP UPDATE:BACK FROM ANOTHER AWESOME ORLANDO EXPERIENCE!!!
Late posting this...I know, but I had to sleep off my "Minion Hangover". My son and I had an incredible time and really enjoyed the Minion Mayhem ride. Numerous times. So many times that several workers knew us by name!
We got to experience a good amount of the "Grand Opening" festivities, such as they were, and even briefly "rubbed elbows" with a few actresses/celebrities and Universal brass types!
The ride really was done right, and the 3D is about as good as any I've seen. The story line picks up just the right amount of movie elements, and ties together well. If you can, watch the movie first. I believe that helps immensely in the experience.
Any questions: PM or email...I'd be happy to try to answer them.

DESPICABLE ME 2 opens July 3rd, 2013. hopefully it will be open before then...:lmao:

Despicable%2BMe%2B2%2BMovie.jpg

They had some sort of oil leak which has delayed things somewhat.

I "heard" about that! :sad:

I didn't realize BP was building Theme Park Rides too!!! :upsidedow

Where is an oil eating microbe when you need one? Heck, I'd think an oil eating microbe was a first cousin to a minion...

It should be open by July........Shouldn`t it :confused3

Reallly looking forward to this, only saw the film very recently and liked it a lot.

It should be open by July........Shouldn`t it :confused3

Reallly looking forward to this, only saw the film very recently and liked it a lot.

It SHOULD be open NOW!!!

or at least by June 9th!!!...for our trip!...holding my breath....

:scared1: oh no.. guess we are gonna look a bit funny in our shirts next Monday.. This 45 year old will be super disappointed.. wahhhhhh :sad1:

029.jpg

At Universal now and they are all gearing up for opening with a great 10 minute Despicable Me show with great interaction afterwards.Spoke to a lady working in the lobby of RP and she said they have not started staff training yet!

At Universal now and they are all gearing up for opening with a great 10 minute Despicable Me show with great interaction afterwards.Spoke to a lady working in the lobby of RP and she said they have not started staff training yet!

GRRRRRRRRRRR

:rolleyes2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter