Dessert Parties - Making Reservations

deno

EPCOT Addict
Hi

Has anyone successfully made a dessert party reservation on the WDW website? All I ever get is the Stitch 'Someone Ate This Page'.

They don't look great value but fancying a Magic Kingdom After Show Party just to try it out...

I can tell you that this morning, from the US (not UK), I successfully booked a MK Pre-Show party for March on the Disney World web site. Hope whatever tech issues are affecting you are corrected soon. BTW - you're right it's not necessarily a great value, but right now it beats standing shoulder to shoulder with a million people on Main St to watch the fireworks. At least that's how we're looking at it right now. Good luck.

I had the same problem when I was trying to book them a few months ago. I think I got round it in the end by using a VPN, it seemed to be a problem with the .co.uk website and when I set my location to the US it loaded fine. Good luck!

Well, you live and learn. I'd read about VPN but never used one.

Managed to get onto the USA site but can't book for August yet. I'm going to have a good nosey around the site now and see what other extras I can find :-)

Thanks for all your help everyone!

EDIT: noticed it's much cheaper to book the dessert party on the USA site. I also use a 'no foreign fees' credit card and it's looking like it will be around £75 pp.

It's 60 days plus the length of your Disney resort stay, just like ADRs. The reservation I made yesterday was for mid-March. Definitely take some time and look around - although, be careful. It could be expensive when you find other things you like!

Is this by design or is Disney IT really this inept? I can't see the rationale at all.
Who knows! I tried not to take it personally that being in the UK I couldn't check out the dessert parties booking lol!

Is this by design or is Disney IT really this inept? I can't see the rationale at all.

I'm afraid to say its ineptitude. For some reason, huge parts of the site got geofenced during COVID and it seemed to have all sorts of unintended consequences. For example, its only in the last few weeks that its possible for UK annual passholders to actually make park reservations. The AP part of the website was geofenced to the U.S. so it was completely impossible to do from the U.K. (without using a VPN). I sent several emails to Guest Services months ago about this and was promised it would be "escalated to their senior leadership team", whatever that means. It took this long for them to bother fixing it.

That said, I seem to recall that dessert parties, even from the U.K., were still priced and charged in U.S. dollars? So there really is no good reason why these are locked out, unless they plan on pricing and charging them in GBP (which no doubt will be a lot more than just paying in USD!).

Reactions: itf
I seem to recall that dessert parties, even from the U.K., were still priced and charged in U.S. dollars?
As of Sept/Oct last year, yes.
I booked a Ferrytale Fireworks for early November (later cancelled) and it was billed to my CC in $.

Is there ever a chance to get a late cancelation? If so, any suggestions? I am taking my husband on a surprise adults only birthday trip in 3 weeks and we have never done one, in 25 years of trips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter