DH is Mad!

Our latest trip to DW was last year for spring break but I'm wanting to go more than once a year from now on. Dh wanted to buy a camper instead of investing in Disney and kept complaining about my and the kids incessant Disney talk. This weekend we came to a good compromise when we bought a camper and decided on Fort Wilderness in Oct/07 and March/08 and probably June/08 with annual passes.
We had to explain to the kids that there is nothing special at Christmas or birthdays this year but Disney three times instead and the oldest three were quite happy with the arrangement. Now if they would just change the dining plan and allow annual passholders to get it we would be great.
J-

My DH told me this morning that all I talk about is Disney and nothing else. He told me to stop!

I need an attorney, Just kidding. I guess I need to stop on the disney and take care of everything else.

I am told the same exact thing daily. My DH thinks I have a mental problem!!

All I can say is "Me Too". This is my first trip to Disney World and (32 years old)..We are going in November, but I already have everything planned and am just waiting for the 180 days so I can make ADR...My DH said we can discuss our vacation on November 1st, until then NO MORE DISNEY! He said he's excited to go, but doesn't want to spend the next eight months talking about it. That's fine..I will just talk to other DISers about it. I am so excited and I love this forum, thank everyone for making my planning fun and very informative. I am new, but have been on the site since 11/06 when we decided to finally go.
Andrea

Count me in. DH thinks I'm nuts! I swear if I didn't have these boards I would be nuts! I bugged the life out of him for years to join DVC and he would not listen or hear anything about it. Well, we took DD 11 months for the first time last month and guess who was watching the DVC channel in the Poly...yep, good old DH! So it took my DD to go crazy over meeting Mickey and Minnie to get DH to see that we need to go back every year forever :) Don't get me wrong, he still is not a disney nut but at least I have the guarantee of going back! :cool1:

Wow- Seems I am a way in the minority DH. I love everything Disney- My DW thinks I am crazy. She enjoys it but would not do any pre-planning aside from picking the resort if it were not for me. I get the eye roll too when I tell her in March we need to decide where we want to eat in September. Ha. :rotfl:

We live close to WDW and I always want to go for the day. She actually told me she was Disneyed-Out after our last trip. :confused3 Fortunately our DD's LOVE Disney so she is outnumbered! :cool1:

BTW- Do your SO's get all the abreviations on this site? My DW HATES it whenever she is looking over my shoulder and I am typing about Staying at WL for F&W and MNSSHP etc. etc. etc. :rolleyes2

Yeah, DH gets a little bewildered when he looks over my shoulder..."What is that secret code -- GF? AKL? ADR? CB?" Now he has started guessing, "Is EE 'Expedition Everest'?"

He loves Disney, but he did tell me I'm obsessed with all this planning. I had surgery in mid-February and started totally immersing myself in trip planning for a few weeks before to avoid stressing about it. I think he understands that planning a Disney trip is like going to my Happy Place. :goodvibes And I try not to bombard him with too many details, just to share little things to intrigue him -- like the MS ride (he always wanted to be an astronaut when he was a little kid), or that you can snorkel at TL...

He hates planning, so he leaves it up to me. I was worried that he'd think I was bossy or dragging him around, but our trips -- Disney or not -- usually go very smoothly. I research where to stay, where and what to eat, things that are fun to see and do, and always have a "plan B" if "plan A" falls through. :thumbsup2 So I think he trusts me to plan a fun vacation.

I want to be a Disney travel agent! :teeth:

Me too! :grouphug:

I know my DH secretly loves all that is Disney and secretly is so overjoyed that I am planning everything down to the minute detail (catch the sarcasm ;) ) AND even loves the fact that I am making him customized shirts to wear for Star Wars Weekend and to match with me and DD on our last day there (only 2 though :flower3: ). Honestly, though, he loves the AK shirt (he said it reminds him of hunting camo, so he's :cool1: with that one)!

In all seriousness though, I love this board! I would have never known I could make ADR, get customized transfers for shirts, or where to see the parades from? Could you honestly imagine just wandering around aimlessly when you'd paid $XXXX and not even be able to ride, eat or see what you wanted and when you wanted?

His main gripe is that when I get on the board, my minimum time is always 2 hrs (and that's after I've popped in and out all day at work - shhh, that'll be our little secret :angel: )!

Now this is my kind of thread! DH thinks I am absolutely nuts. He has actually gotten mad about Disney before. That was the best. He was mad about something not being done, not even sure what it was-then said it was probably due to my Disney obsession........haha, might have been true-who knows!
I just wish I could convince him that Disney is not the evil! I have only been 6 times in my whole life:) Thats not too much, not even enough by my books. We just went at Christmas and have not dared to ask about vacation for this summer yet!
I have been asking to move to Florida, it is very doable for us......don't think he realizes I am serious :lmao:

My poor DH hasn't had much of a break since I started planning our last trip in the fall of 2005. We told the kids we would try and go again in four years (DD should be tall enough for RnR by then) but I won a trip just before Christmas that we are taking in June. The Disney talk just never stopped. He was so sweet and once we had our dates set for this trip he talked a little about ADRs and even helped me with making the customized maps but this weekend I hit the limit. I brought up the Disney Crocs and how I was thinking of getting some Crocs for the kids. I think I mentioned them about three times from Friday to Sunday night and then I got a big lecture of that's all he heard about all weekend and he doesn't want to hear anymore Disney or Croc talk. Well! What the heck am I supposed to talk to him about now?!?:rotfl2:

The kids don't even know about the upcoming trip (but do know about the Crocs) so I thought I was doing good keeping the subject relatively quiet.

I have been asking to move to Florida, it is very doable for us......don't think he realizes I am serious :lmao:

Yep me too. DH went from absolute refusal a couple of years ago to humoring me to finally agreeing to move after I finish school. I think he's tired of me whining about the cold and snow :sad: He knows I'm relentless.

Ok I am the DH and my DW told me to stop last night...This stuff is addictive. I can't wait to go on vacation!!!!

:cool2:

My DH told me this morning that all I talk about is Disney and nothing else. He told me to stop!

I need an attorney, Just kidding. I guess I need to stop on the disney and take care of everything else.
OMG! Everyone I know thinks that is all I talk about. It just so happens that everywhere I go I seem to find people that just bring up the subject of Disney and I have to answer their questions! Don't I? LOL It is a great subject to discuss. When I talk about disney it brings back memories of great times. I might admit I MIGHT spend a little to much time on Disboard but is it my fault if it is addicting? LOL Enjoy

Even though I just joined, I have been planning since 11/06, using this site..thanks so much to everyone!
I am just glad to see everyone is just like me, a little obsessed...OK maybe a lot obsessed, but just like many others, I have been dreaming of going since I was little and we had a big family and it never quiet fit into the budget. I have a DS who is 8, loves the Power Rangers and has collected Toy Story stuff since before he was born. My DD loves the princesses more than anything in the world, I don't know if I am more excited for me or for her...but YES it is killing my husband, I will say do you want to eat/stay here or there, he's like "you know you already know what you want...so just do whatever you want"..he's so beat down by the talk, he doesn't realize how even MORE excited I will get as we get closer to OUR FIRST TRIP 11/07....Thanks everyone!
Really, I am just killing all my friends and family members with excitement, that's why I am glad all of ya'll are here!princess:

You could always say you're gonna call your boyfriend to talk about it if he won't :rotfl:

(that's a joke :joker:)

Usually when he tells me that he already told me something I ask him if he's sure that he wasn't talking to his girlfriend and not me. Don't tempt him though, he may rather I had a boyfriend if it meant I didn't bother him with this stuff.

:scared1: I think my DH has now been captured by aliens! I was looking at shirt designs last night to figure out what color shirts to buy and DH walked up behind me and said, "What shirts am I wearing?" :confused3

Well, still in shock, I said "Well, let me scroll down and you can look at them and let me know (remember, I had planned on him wearing 2, but hadn't really let him know this yet)."

He picked out FIVE designs he wants to wear on our 6 days at WDW! :scratchin Maybe all that venting to y'all somehow found it's way through my computer and into his brain! :cool1: :lovestruc

Hey, I've only been waiting 14 YEARS for this trip...he's just gonna hafta DEAL. LOL!

Just today I walked up to my dh and before I could say anything he told me, "I refuse to speak about Disney for the rest of today!" :laughing:

Of course, I *was* going to mention a new tidbit I'd gleaned from here so I clamped my mouth shut and huffed off back to the boards. heehee!!

That man is going to thank me later.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
I've been there! I just had to laugh! :worship: Thank goodness for the DIS!!!
If only my DH would get the Disney Bug! pixiedust:

Ever since our first trip to WDW in 2004, we can't wait to get back. That said, my husband thinks I talk about it a little too much. He loves it but likes to get excited closer to the vacation. He does however like to put in his opinion about somethings. We are going in August '07 with the kids again. However, for our 15th anniversary we (just the 2 of us) are going for 7 days in March '08 (over ESPN weekend). :hyper:

Now 3 things:

1. Our 15th Anniversary is in November '07 (what's up with that?):rotfl2:

2. It was his compromise (whatever it takes to get back)

3. He wants to do all the planning for the Anniversary trip (I've finally done it - he's converted) yah!!!

For whatever reason (we all know) my DH is officially a WDW lover as well!!!YAH!!!!!!!!:cool1:

add me in, my DH was just telling me this morning that i have to "get over" disney! HA like that is a option. We went for the first time as a family in may and i got hooked. i cant help it, its always on my mind. we are going in dec, grad gathering with my extended family but i really think he is gonna opt out. he thinks that there are other places to go besides disney. well i guess we will either have to take 2 family vacations or go our seperate ways because it is my goal now to go once a year (at least)

Oh and he also told me i brainwashed the kids pixiedust: like thats a bad thing? LOL at least now we are 3 against 1!

megan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter