DH Wants To Know Why May For The Cruise?

Madi100

DIS Veteran
Having never cruised before we have no idea when the best times are go to. We love to go to WDW in December, because it's cold in Iowa, and we can escape the weather. We don't have a problem taking our kids out of school. Is May a really good time to cruise or was that date just pulled out of a hat?

We took our forst Disney cruise on May27th of this past year. We booked that date because the kids would have just gotten out of school days before, the price was a little less expensive than the summer months and hurricane season hasn't offically started yet.

So for me, these were all good reasons. And the weather was great, you wouldn't know it wasn't the middle of summer.

There are many, many reasons....

* Price - May has some of the best pricing and we were trying to keep this
affordable to as many as possible.

* Availability - This sail date had availability in every single category when
we made the intial announcement. Also, as Pete mentioned,
we are trying to get some great deals for pre- and post-
cruise stays. May will be one of the best times to get those
deals.

* Advance notice - We wanted to give folks as much notice as possible. This
is a big expense and folks needed time to plan.

* Flexibility - We are trying to plan some amazingly cool stuff and we needed
the advance time. Also because May is a bit slower than other
times of year which will hopefully give us some flexibility to plan
the stuff we want to plan.

Hope this answers some of the question.

Kevin

the real answer is that it will take 16 months for me to pick out an outfit and do my hair.

Yeah, but I'm gonna be preparing for exams, and my brother will be taking (or preparing for) EOGs. Stupid standardized testing...

I have two and I have named them... on good days they are Simon and Garfunkle... on bad days they are the two Alec's... Baldwin and Guinnes

Kevin

Ask Bawb which side of the ship we need to stand on to see the space shuttle.

There are many, many reasons....

* Price - May has some of the best pricing and we were trying to keep this
affordable to as many as possible.

* Availability - This sail date had availability in every single category when
we made the intial announcement. Also, as Pete mentioned,
we are trying to get some great deals for pre- and post-
cruise stays. May will be one of the best times to get those
deals.

* Advance notice - We wanted to give folks as much notice as possible. This
is a big expense and folks needed time to plan.

Kevin

Sounds good to me! Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Well...he could put the beer in the carry-on, and for the rum he'd need one of these babies:
booze_belt.jpg

Whoa! I wonder how that thing would get through airport security?

Doesn't look there is much metal on that fabulous party belt - should get through security with no problems. :woohoo: Guess that means body shots of moo-jee-toes!!!!!

Doesn't look there is much metal on that fabulous party belt - should get through security with no problems. :woohoo: Guess that means body shots of moo-jee-toes!!!!!

No metal, but definitely more than 3 oz of liquid :sad1:

It will just have to go in the carry-on

Having never cruised before we have no idea when the best times are go to. We love to go to WDW in December, because it's cold in Iowa, and we can escape the weather. We don't have a problem taking our kids out of school. Is May a really good time to cruise or was that date just pulled out of a hat?
I can only share our experiences - we have cruised May, February, and March. In May, the weather was fabulous, Castaway Cay was paradise, and the water was bath water. In February, the water didn't permit us to get to Castaway Cay. In March, we got to Castaway Cay and it was warm enough but the water was brrrrrrr cold and only the brave souls (read: kids and their loving but cold parents) got in the water. So all of that being said, I'm very pleased with the choice of May! Thanks Round Table team!!! :thumbsup2

Bob and Body shots:eek: :eek:
There is an image I could live without. I love Bob and all, but to quote our esteemed Kevin...I am poking my minds eye out: :scared1:

Bob and Body shots:eek: :eek:
There is an image I could live without. I love Bob and all, but to quote our esteemed Kevin...I am poking my minds eye out: :scared1:

I see what you mean. :eek: I must have still been thinking of the swingers comment from another thread (First Ever DIS Podcast Cruise 5/10/2009) which is a whole different reason to poke your minds eye out. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter