DHS 2011 Swap ~COMPLETE!! Photos #343

PrincessNancy96

Scrapbook Mom
I know there may not be a lot of interest but this has been on the books all year.... so here is my plan for this.... any input would be great.. I borrowed the information from MM2000 from last year.... I do realize that Buzz and Woody are in WDWMickey's swap but thought I'd leave them available in case their was interest....

I don't mind this swap being small..

Due Date: December 15th. This is when I need to receive your package. The mail by date is December 10th to make sure the package arrives to me on time.

Required check-ins will be:

October 6: verify groups and pm info to me
October 20: Check In
November 10: Check In
November 28: Check In & Last call for angels
December 5: Let me know when you expect to be mailing
December 10: Mail date
December 15: Due date

Requirements:
Groups A,B,C,D, & E, F are area specific or a general DHS group
Group G are photo ops located throughout DHS.

Element List -- Mini-kit: I have decided that the mini kits will be as follows: title and 2 elements.. In the two elements you are more than welcome to make one of your element choices a photo mat and j. box and then you additional element of choice.

Here are the elements to choose from (if you have another idea for an element, let me know and I will add it). If you have questions about any of these elements, you can look at the swap glossary link at the top of the swaps board, the swap photo gallery link at the top of the swaps board, or PM me.

Please, no hand lettering on any items. You may use computer fonts, rub-ons, stamps, die cut letters, etc. Embellished means using brads, eyelets, charms, ribbon, 3D stickers (matted stickers are ok, too), clip art, glitter/embossed/shiny/shimmer paper, inking, tearing, embossing (dry & heat), or extra layer of any paper. All elements should be double-matted and embellished in some other way unless otherwise noted. If you don’t know if yours is okay, ask me.

~~~~Element List ~~~~~

Title/Topper: 1PP letters – 1-1/2 inches minimum, standard 8x2 topper, borders, block or tag, letters on squares or other shapes –these should be double matted or shadowed -embellished
Photo Frames: 2PP for a 4 x 6 photo & the Sizzix dies are ok (you need to crop a bit from the photo to use these.) Two layers on the frame would make the photo seem double matted - embellished
Photo Mats: 2PP for a 4 x 6 photo without cropping. Again, two layers as the photo sits on top of these. Please be sure the embellishment does not infringe upon the placing of the photo - embellished
Journaling Box: 2PP at least a 3x3 writing area, matted and embellished
Tag: 1 PP large tag 4.5-5 inches, 2 pp if smaller, double matted and embellished in another way in addition to either ribbon/fiber or eyelet/brad in the hole. May include both.
Borders (a pair): 1setPP 12 inches long double matted and embellished
Embellished squares: 4PP largest mat should be no larger than 2" minimum 2 layers
Journaling Box n Tag: 1PP one journal box with matching tag (see details above) both embellished
File Folder, Journal box or Tag (medium sized) & 2 Embellished Shapes: 1-1/2x1-1/2 or larger if you wish, double matted and embellished. These can be circles, squares, flowers, etc. be creative. If it is a shape that would not look right double matted please use your best judgment.....Just make up for it in another way. Maybe make a few extra or throw in something extra.
Slide Mounts: 2PP be creative here please
Library Pocket and Tag: 1PP embellished, no smaller than to hold a 2x3 tag embellished - should also have ribbon/fiber or eyelet in the hole
Paper Piecing: 1PP be creative please
License Plate: 1PP be creative please
Signage/Bookmark: 1PP 2x6, double matted and embellished
Song/Lyric/Poem: 1PP, double matted and embellished, print area should be no smaller than 2-1/2 x 2-1/2, can be larger
Altered CD cover: 1PP be creative please
Altered letter: matted at least 4 inches and embellished
Altered Paper Clips: 2 Jumbo 3 large size ones
Hat Pins: 2 PP

You can mix & match the elements: 1 journal box and 1 tag = 1 element, 1 photo mat & 2 squares = 1 element etc.

If you have another idea, near clarification or if I have written something that just doesn't make any sense, please post or PM to let me know!

Please note: If you choose the general DHS spot, please keep it general.

Altered Letter Groups H-P: Make your letters 2 inches, matted, and embellished at least once. Your top letter is cut at 2 inches and the mat can be the shadow. Each group will have it's own color scheme. Please stick to the color scheme selected for each group.

1. Choose your group. I will open additional groups if the initial one fills. (If group A fills, I will open group A1 with the same choices). If you have a request for a spot in a group that hasn’t opened yet, please list it. I will fill the groups in the order you post. Please limit yourself to 2 groups if you haven't swapped with me before.
2. PM me with your DIS name, name, home address, email, and phone number - these will only be used to follow up if I have not heard from you.
3. Post your status on the progress thread every 2 weeks. Check in dates will be listed.
4. Packing/Mailing Instructions: use a Ziploc for each person and put everything for that person into their bag. Please label on the outside of each bag. Include your name, DISname and group number. You’ll have 4, 5 or 6 bags to enclose in the larger (gallon size) Ziploc bag for each group you are in. Include your return postage, please. If you want delivery confirmation, don't forget to send in the extra money for that as well as a completed slip. Please write your DISname on the outside of your package. Please include an address label for your return package if you have one.

Label bags like this:

PrincessNancy96
Nancy A
DHS swap/Group A

Do not individually address the bags -- it is easier to swap out without names on the bags.

5. Mailing:
* You may send to me, by any method you choose unless you are mailing after December 10th. Then, you must mail Priority WITH Delivery Confirmation.
* I prefer to send to you using flat rate boxes/envelopes from the USPS. Please include enough postage in your package for return shipping. The rates are: Envelope or Small Box (9”x6”x2”) - $5.20, Medium/Standard box – $10.95, Large - $14.95.
* You do NOT have to include a return mailer or DC ticket as I prefer to use click and ship it from the house to pre-pay for everything so I can just drop it off at the PO when I’m out.
* DO NOT include click-it/ship-it postage. I will not be able to use it since it is only good on the day it was printed, and from the location it was printed.
6. PM me if you have problems and need to drop out or if an emergency happens (we all know things happen beyond our control sometimes), let me know so we can make arrangements for an angel or other help if needed.

GROUPS *I will be doing a maximum of 2 groups per catergory.*

Element Groups REQUIREMENTS-- I have decided that the mini kits will be as follows: title and 2 elements.. In the two elements you are more than welcome to make one of your element choices a photo mat and j. box and then you additional element of choice.

All 2 inch and or 4 inch letters are to be CAPITALS

Group A : Hollywood Blvd/Echo Lake Area- FULL: Make 5
1. Star Tours - hopemax
2. Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular - lm3ks
3. The Great Movie Ride - disney_akj
4. Streetmosphere – PN
5. General DHS - Reddy

Group B: Streets of America Area- FULL: MAKE 5
1. Muppet Vision: 3D - lm3ks
2. NY or SF Streets - wdwm
3. Lights, Motor, Action! -disney_akj
4. Backlot Tour – PN
5. General DHS - Reddy

Group C: Pixar Pl/ Mickey Ave - FULL: MAKE 4
1. Toy Story Mania - disney_akj
2. One Man's Dream - MDD
3. Pixar Pals Countdown to Fun!- jld
4. General DHS - SIOH

Group C2: Pixar Pl/ Mickey Ave - FULL: MAKE 4
1. Toy Story Mania - lm3ks
2. One Man's Dream - hopemax
3. Pixar Pals Countdown to Fun!- disney_akj
4. General DHS - Reddy

Group C3: Pixar Pl/ Mickey Ave - FULL: Make 3
1. Toy Story Mania - BAMB
2. One Man's Dream - PN
3. Pixar Pals Countdown to Fun!- PN
4. General DHS - wdwm

Group D: Animation Ctyd - FULL: MAKE 4
1. Voyage of the Little Mermaid - SIOH
2. Magic of Disney Animation - lm3ks
3. Disney Junior Live - disney_akj
4. General DHS - Reddy

Group E: Sunset Blvd - FULL: MAKE 5
1. Rock n Roller Coaster- disney_akj
2. Tower of Terror - MDD
3. Fantasmic - wdwm
4. Beauty & the Beast - lm3ks
5. General DHS - Reddy

Group F: General DHS FULL: MAKE 4
1. PN
2. m2mrb
3. wdwm
4. hopemax

Group F2: General DHS FULL: MAKE 4
1. jld
2. disney_akj
3. MDD
4. lm3ks

Group G Photo Ops - FULL: MAKE 5
1. Sorcerer Hat – jj&jhsmom
2. Cars Photo Op - jld
3. Muppets or Mermaid Fountain - SIOH
4. The Cameraman – PN
5. Singing In The Rain Umbrella - m2mrb

Group G1: Photo Ops - FULL: MAKE 5
1. Sorcerer Hat – lm3ks
2. Cars Photo Op - PN
3. Muppets or Mermaid Fountain - BAMB
4. The Cameraman – wdwm
5. Singing In The Rain Umbrella - disney_akj

Group G2: Photo Ops FULL: MAKE 5
1. Big Coke Bottle - disney_akj
2. Monsters Inc - lm3ks
3. Taxi Cab - m2mrb
4. Oscar's Garage - PN
5. Streets of America - jj&jhsmom

Altered Letter Groups H- P: Make your letters 2 inches, matted, and embellished at least once. Your top letter is cut at 2 inches and the mat can be the shadow. Each group will have it's own color scheme. Please stick to the color scheme selected for each group. All 2 inch and or 4 inch letters are to be CAPITALS

Group H -FULL: MAKE 4
Buzz
Color Scheme - Bright Green, Purple, White
B – SIOH
U – mickster
Z – jld
Z - PN

Group H2 -FULL: MAKE 4
Buzz
Color Scheme - Bright Green, Purple, White
B – disney_akj
U – BAMB
Z – PN
Z - PN

Group I - FULL: MAKE 4
Mike & Sulley
Color Schemes -
Mike - Bright Green, White, Black
Sulley - Teal Blue, Light Purple, White

M U L - 3 items - lm3ks
I & Y - 3 items - Buffy
K S E (Sulley E) - 3 items - SIOH
E (Mike E) L and something else? - 3 items - PN

Group J - FULL: MAKE 4
Cars
Color Scheme - Red, Yellow, Black, White
C - SIOH
A – lm3ks
R - PN
S – Buffy

Group K -FULL: MAKE 4
Woody
Color Scheme - Brown, Denim Blue, Yellow, Red
W –jld
O - PN
O - PN
D - SIOH
Y - BAMB

Group L - FULL: MAKE 5
Hollywood Studios (5 people)
Color Scheme - Silver, Black, White
1. H W U - wdwm
2. O O T D - PN
3. L O I - Buffy
4. L D O - SIOH
5. Y S S - m2mrb

Group L2 -FULL: MAKE 5
Hollywood Studios (5 people)
Color Scheme - Silver, Black, White
1. H W U - hopemax
2. O O T D - ckmom97
3. L O I - jj&jhsmom
4. L D O - bamb
5. Y S S -wdwm

Group M - FULL: MAKE 4
Toy Story (4 people 2 letters each)
Color Scheme - Blue, Red, Yellow, Green (Primary)
1. T O - jld
2. S O -m2mrb
3. T Y - PN
4. R Y- BAMB

Group N - FULL: MAKE 7
Tower of Terror 13 letters (7 people)
Color Scheme - Grey, Black, Maroon, Gold
1. T & something extra -wdwm
2. O R - PN
3. W O - MDD
4. E R - ckmom97
5. R R - BAMB
6. O E - wdwm
7. F T - hopemax

Group O - FULL: MAKE 5
Rock n Roll (5 people)
Color Scheme - Black, Silver, Red
1. R L - hopemax
2. O L - jj&jhsmom
3. C O - PN
4. K R -wdwm
5. N & something extra-ckmom97

Group P FULL: MAKE 5
Pixar Place (5 people)
Color Scheme - Primary Colors (Red, Blue, Yellow, Green, Orange, Purple) and White
1. P E - Buffy
2. I C - PN
3. X A - wdwm
4. A L - SIOH
5. R P - jj&jhsmom

Group P2 FULL: MAKE 5
Pixar Place (5 people)
Color Scheme - Primary Colors (Red, Blue, Yellow, Green, Orange, Purple) and White
1. P E - hopemax
2. I C - m2mrb
3. X A - jld
4. A L - lm3ks
5. R P - disney_akj

Required check-ins will be:

October 6: verify groups and pm info to me
October 20: Check In
November 10: Check In
November 28: Check In & Last call for angels
December 5: Let me know when you expect to be mailing
December 10: Mail date
December 15: Due date

Received by me: :cheer2:
Returned to you: :woohoo:
Received by you: :yay:

DHS Players/Groups

BAMB ~ C3, G1, H2, I, J, K, L, L2, M, N P :yay:

ckmom97 ~ L2, N, O :yay:

disney_akj ~ A, B, C, C2, D, E, F2, G1, G2, H2, P2 :yay:

hopemax ~ A, C2, F, L2, N, O, P2 :yay:

jj&jhsmom ~ G, G2, L2, O, P :yay:

jld ~ C, F2, G, H, K, M, P2 :yay:

lm3ks ~ A, B, C2, D, E, F2, G1, G2, I, J, P2 :yay:

mickster ~ H :yay:

m2mrb ~ F, G, G2, L, M, P2 :yay:

mdd ~ C, E, F2, N :yay:

PN ~ A, B, C3(2), F, G, G1, G2, H, H2(2), I, J, K, L, M, N, O, P :yay:

reddy ~ A, B, C2, D, E :yay:

SIOH ~ C, D, G, H, I, J, K, L, P :yay:

wdwm ~ B, C3, E, F, G1, L, L2, N(2), O, P :yay:

Nan--we would prefer mini kits ;)

Things I know are closed/gone--Narnia, Star & Motor Cars parade, HSM has been replaced by Phineas & Ferb (Ithink).

Also just for general info--we've done all of those 2 inch letter groups in either the character letter swap or the parks/rides letter swap in the past few months ;)

ETA: Not trying to be snarky, just having trouble finding better wording.

Nancy-

The High School Musical show is gone and now they have Disney Channel Rocks instead.

Block Party Bash is now called: Pixar Pals Countdown to Fun (they recyled the floats but cut out a lot of the interaction with guests and changed the music to something that really sticks in your head.)

Stars and Motor Cars is now long gone (Block Party Bash took over from it).

One other thing that is only at DHS now is the Phineus and Ferb Meet and Greet (that has a bit of a show with it).

I figured as much with the letters...but thought I would give it an opportunity for those who didn't get in the first batch....

I thought all the others I noted were not there any more but want to make sure from others who have been down more recently....

Do you want me to remove all the letter groups and just still to groups A-G and mini kits??????

Thanks Rebecca.. I will switch things around tomorrow... I'm off to run and get DS10 from school, homework duty and then off to sit in the rainy weather for 2 soccer games..
Please keep the input coming...

Boy Rebecca "Pixar Pals Countdown to Fun" is a mouth full, isn't it???? Heck by the time the kids spit that out the parade will be past them! LOL

Boy Rebecca "Pixar Pals Countdown to Fun" is a mouth full, isn't it???? Heck by the time the kids spit that out the parade will be past them! LOL

It is and the parade is really short- like about 5-7 minutes. I can't remember all of it (It was at least 8 months ago that I saw it I think). I just remember the shouting of "COuntdown to FUN .5 . . 4. . .3 . . .2. . .1!" being yelled at the top of everyone's lungs.

Rebecco

Nan--it's totally up to you if you want to keep the letters or not, I just don't know if they'll "stick" since we just did them.

For mini-kits we like mat, box and extra element. I'm just not great at titles so I tend to stay away from them if I can :rotfl2:

can I make a suggestion please....for us we don't do the bigger thrill rides here, so I wouldn't want to be in the groups that had a couple mixed it with things we do like....how about putting the thrill rides together, the middle ground and then the other together... just my thoughts

I will put the thrill rides together...

MDD ~ I like that idea... let me work on that tonight when I get back from picking up my drenched son from soccer practice..

Yes, the opposing school canceled our soccer game but our coach had practice for the boys... yet, the girls are playing soccer in the rain... yup, it takes all kinds to make the world go round! LOL

The groups look great. I'm sooo happy you put in One Man's Dream- it's my favorite attraction at DHS and is so often overlooked! :goodvibes

We love One Man's Dream.. we spend a lot of time in there..

Thought of another idea for one of the groups...
"The CameraMan"...

Ok, I tried to type a response and it disappeared!

I'd definitely be in for this one--I'd like to do the Hollywood Studios and Toy Story letters if anyone else is interested. I also think I could do a couple of groups of elements.

We love Hollywood Studios!!

I know I need the letters so I hope and pray we can keep them open.. I have no DHS stuff (well, maybe a handful of general stuff)

I would join the hollywood studios letters group....I would also be interested in a group that is just generic studios rather than attraction specific if that makes sense--I don't have lots of pictures of each attraction but have lots of pics taken through the park and just need some hollywood or studios type elements to pull them all together.....and what about Fantasmic! ?

Maybe other people will need them as well! I re-looked at the letters, and I could use almost all of them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter