• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DHS Closing at 5PM on 04/06...How's That Affect Other Parks?

TheBacklot

Mouseketeer
This is the first time I've seen a park close this early.

That day I am doing EPCOT in the AM and hopping to Magic Kingdom (to take advantage of the EMH in the PM).

My question is, with a close that early, has anyone seen how this affects other parks? With MK being the more popular, do you think it'll be a tough evening in regards to crowds? Just trying to figure out how to adapt and plan in regards to this change.

I would do DHS that day, and then hop to MK. It will probably be less crowded because a lot of people don't hop, so will avoid that park. This is what other people reported when MK closed early a week or so ago.

MK will be crowded but not everyone has EMH so that should help you out!

I had originally planned a whole day at MK with extra hours (and a break in the middle) but am also wondering if I should change my reservation to DHS on that day and hop to MK.
Am slightly worried in case MK reaches capacity and we can't hop- is that likely?

I had originally planned a whole day at MK with extra hours (and a break in the middle) but am also wondering if I should change my reservation to DHS on that day and hop to MK.
Am slightly worried in case MK reaches capacity and we can't hop- is that likely?
The only time MK has closed to hopping was on October 1 and only for a few hours in the afternoon. It didn’t close to hopping on Thanksgiving or on Christmas Day or on New Year’s Eve. So it’s highly doubtful that it will close when DHS closes early. Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter