Diamond Found at MK. Did a CM Steal it? Share your Lost and Found Story

I'm thinking the CM most likely put it in her pocket so she could start processing the next customer and then take it to the back room for storage when she went to check on the next customer's lost item. I don't see why they would need to collect any information from the OP since they have no need to contact OP in the future (whether the owner does or does not find it), and since they don't need any details on where the item was lost since that's the sort of think the owner could have lost anywhere and isn't going to be able to say where they lost it other than "Magic Kingdom".

I was somewhat less than impressed by lost and found on our last trip. I knew the exact location and time I lost my item: I took off my mickey ears on 7DMT and put them in the little pocket in front of me on row 4 of the train. Realized I forgot to take them out as I was walking away and went back to the ride. They said nobody turned it in yet, but check at the end of the day at the ride. I did, nothing, so checked at the lost and found at the front of park. They said no, but likely wouldn't be found until the overnight crew and I should fill out an online form. I did and a couple of days later, got an email they couldn't find my item and were closing out my lost item claim.

I guess either (1) someone liked my ears and stole them, which is a little bizarre--they're not exactly valuable or anything; or (2) lost and found just doesn't have a terribly good system.

Once upon a time I lost a diamond - I was at work when my clerk noticed it was missing, it had fallen out of it’s setting and I hadn’t noticed. I searched every where - even the courtroom I’d spent the morning in, no luck. The diamond meant a great deal to me because it was a family heirloom gifted to me by my FIL to thank me when I had his GS - I always wore it. Several weeks later I was back in that courtroom and glanced down under counsel table and noticed what looked like a pebble on the carpet & absentmindedly picked it up, it was my diamond! Lessons learned, have your settings checked periodically as they do wear out & they obviously didn’t vacuum very thoroughly in that courtroom!
I’m hopeful that like me, OP’s diamond owner was reunited w/ their diamond.

I lost my Discover card at Animal Kingdom when we were sitting waiting for the parade and it fell out of my pocket. We ended up having to go to lost and found and the TTC the next day to get it.

A few weeks ago, we were at Stormalong Bay. All our sandals were stowed under a table in the pool area. After a brief swim, we came back to find my daughter's croc sandals were stolen. It was so odd as our shoes were neatly together in a row. They were in a place someone couldn't have absentmindedly slipped their feet into before walking away. Lost & Found just closed our case. :(

We left Mickey Havaiana flip flops and a linen shirt at Pop Century in April. I filed a lost and found report with room number included less than an hour later. I got emails from Disney for a couple of weeks assuring me they hadn't found it but were still looking. You don't want to think someone kept it but someone definitely didn't turn them in.

Just curious, did you folks just happen to have a monocular, handheld loupe used to determine whether or not it is a real diamond or perhaps a piece of glass costume jewelry. Used by many people and costumed CM's. I will agree that the situation might seem strange but why would anyone do that while people were watching unless they knew that it was not worth the paper to write it up on. Just throwing that out for thought. We don't always have to think the worst.

On a recent trip I left a Mickey sweatshirt in the men's room in DCA. It was an uncommon print that I did not see anyone else wearing the entire week I was in the parks, nor is it for sale in the parks. I bought it at Kohl's. Reported to lost and found but never recovered. I wonder if the person who took it ever looks to see if someone is staring at them when they wear it. :smooth:

We have had some crazy lost and found luck over the years but only at Disneyland. (I know this is a WDW forum but all your stories reminded me how lucky we’ve been) Sweatshirts and hats, etc. Every report we e filed has ended with us getting our item back.

The craziest was a Disney GC with over $90 on it in the Pacific Wharf area at California Adventure. Paid for a portion of lunch with it and I don’t know if I left it at the counter or on my tray, or what. But when I went to buy something else I noticed it was gone and circled back and looked for it but had little hope of finding it. But I filed a lost and found report with a description of the card, approximately how much was on it and where I had used it. I was actually hoping someone had found it and kept it instead of $90 ending up in the garbage can if that makes sense. The next day I got a call that it had been found and was at the lost and found center. I couldn’t believe it but was so thankful!

Not at Disney, but we also recovered a cell phone that my son left on a United flight a few years ago and an iPad left in a hotel in Sacramento.

And yes, ADHD runs strong in our family. Thank goodness for people like the OP who turn things in and for cast members who work to reunite us with our stuff.

So oddly enough, during our 2019 trip, A necklace in a box was in our safe at POR. I went to the front desk and told them about it. Never heard anything of it and it was still in our safe when we left. No one came to claim it or anything. Cut to we get home and we receive an email saying we left something and the description was the necklace. We ignored it. About a month later same thing with a similar email. Agin we ignore it. then about 3 months after our trip I get a phone call: it was lost and found. I explained the entire situation and even the CM on the other end was wondering why POR didn't have us do anything. It was bizarre.

I hope that necklace and that diamond made its way back to its respectful owners....and I am also wondering how long that necklace was in fact in that safe for and if any families did what we did.

I found a purse that was almost lost. Last trip we were sitting at AKL waiting for ME and a group of 4 or 5 adults were sitting on sofa. Most had a coffee/drink in hand. After a bit, they got up and started to walk away. I did the "excuse me, excuse me", but they were all chatting . After the third or fourth excuse me, I pointed to the purse still on the sofa.

I lost my Costa sunglasses at Typhoon Lagoon. We called Disney lost and found and described the glasses and where they were lost. The next day they called me back to let us know they had them. Lost and Found waited and checked what was turned in at the end of the day.

I left my backpack near sunshine tree terrace. It had 2 iPads and snacks in it. (my cash and credit cards were not in the backpack)

We walked all the way to space mountain before I realized I left it. I said something to a cast member and she suggested to walk back to where I left it. Believe it or not….. it was still there!! A couple said they saw us left and watched it for us. Yay!

I’m just curious so what happens if the diamond is never claimed? Did they take your information down so you get it back? If it is available diamond who has rights to it? Finders keepers?

My son's cell phone fell out of his pocket on Rock n Roller Coaster. It was just a flip phone but it was bright red so not easy to miss. We were told they sweep the floor in there nightly to recover lost items and it would likely be turned in, but it was never found. I have no idea what became of it, not like flip phones are a hot commodity, even in 2012 when this happened. Lol.

I lost my Riviera magic band in January at ROTR. Checked lost and found before we left the park and filled out the form when we got home,

A month later, it was returned and I was shocked!, I also left a bag with two new shirts I had just bought on one of the boats at the Jungle Cruise in July. I realized it about 45 minutes later and went back. They had found it and had it.

They said they usually keep things until the end of the night and then send to lost and found as people retrace their steps.

I am sure in this case the CM followed the protocol once she went back in.

This thread reminds me of a friend who lost his car keys on the Hulk at Universal. He had them in his pocket, and as you can imagine they fell out at some point. Luckily he was a local and his roommate was able to find his spare key and drive it over to him. I have no idea what would have happened if he didn't have a spare or wasn't local, especially since so many cars these days don't just have keys, they have remotes. He filled a report with lost and found and about six months later they contacted him that they found it. If you've been to Universal you've probably seen those large nets they have under the coaster. Well the keys were found in one of the nets, which they apparently only take down and clean out a few times a year. People grumble that you now have to go through a metal detector and put everything into a locker at the Hulk, but considered what happened to that friend I think it's 100% worth it!

I’m just curious so what happens if the diamond is never claimed? Did they take your information down so you get it back? If it is available diamond who has rights to it? Finders keepers?

Good question. The OP won’t get to keep it. She said the CM never took her name or any information, not even where it was found.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter