Did Pixar borrow ideas from the Muppets?

lrodk

<font color=009900>No one is immune to the TF's in
Our old friend Jim Hill has been very busy of late. This time around he has contributed part one of a three part series on the secret rumblings going on between the Jim Henson Company and Pixar. This particular piece appears on Digital Media FX. So, did Pixar really steal ideas from JHC, ? You be the judge.

http://www.digitalmediafx.com/Columns/JimHill/07hensonpixar1.html

that was a very interesting read. Esp about Roz (MI) and Ethyl (Dinosaurs). Things that make you go hmmmm

I completely forgot about that old Henson Christmas Special, I LOVED that Special. it RULED.

Hmmm, maybe Pixar's story people aren't as good as I thought.

Wow. Too Wierd. We still have "The Christmas Toy" on tape and I remember noticing the similarities at the time....even to the point of being ready to dismiss Toy Story as a retread (before we saw it).

Still, I'm not sure that the "borrowing" is nearly as big a problem as the way the Muppets franchise is being run today....with that lobster/craw fish character hawking Long John Silvers and the like......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter