Did you honeymoon in WDW???

We stayed a week at Wilderness Lodge in 1998. We live in Florida and visit Disney 3-4 times each year. We stay at Wilderness Lodge each time we go back on our anniversary. We have tried all mod and deluxe resorts but our favorites are Cont. (for the monorail) and Wilderness Lodge. We are going in May and will be staying at OKW :cheer2: .

We honeymooned at the Grand Floridian in 1990. I was 21 and my DH was 24. I think we were too young to appreciate the luxury and beauty of the hotel (and maybe a little distracted too).

After the kids get much older, we can switch from the Poly back to the GF for a trip. I know we'll appreciate it more this time!

January 1995 @ Dixie Landings. It was my first time to the world. DH and I had a wonderful time.
We went back in January 2005 (with the kids) for our 10th anniversary. We stayed @ PORS. It was nice to share old memories and make new ones with the kids.
princess: libby

May, 1992. My DH and I did a 7day land/sea on the Big Red Boat (remember that??) and at the Grand Floridian. Now we stay 3-4 times a year with the kids who think it was so cool that their parents went to Disney World on their honeymoon!

We had our Honeymoon at WDW in May 2001 at Corronado Springs Resort. We are going back this May 6-13th for our 5th anniversary!!! :woohoo:

I think it is a wonderful place to go on your honeymoon, but it really doesn't matter where you go....it does matter who you are with and I can't wait to be here again with my lovely bride :sunny:

CD

Yep, we honeymooned there in May of 2000. We went in the MK and AK. And we stayed at the Holiday Inn Family Suites in a Sweetheart Sweet. That was before they re-did it and turned it into the Nickelodeon hotel though.

Our honeymoon was in August 1994, and yes, of course, we did it at Disney. However, we didn't stay on property. At the time, my husband was an employee of Radisson. So, we stayed on I-Drive at the Radisson Barcelona for a whopping $33.00 a night which included tax. Isn't that fabulous? It was a great hotel, especially for the price. Now we only stay on-site. And, he no longer works for Radisson.

We stayed 8 nights. Did all the parks. My DH wore me out the first day - it was his first time to Disney. We started with the Magic Kingdom at opening time and we closed the place down. He was so excited he was dragging me around real fast saying, "c'mon lets go!" One of the highlights of our trip was going up onstage at the Polynesian Luau and dancing. They invited folks up who were there for an anniversary or a honeymoon. It was very romantic.

We spent one day at Universal, which was fun but certainly not up to the Disney standard. We ate a lot of our meals offsite. Ever since our honeymoon in 1994, we've gone every year since, sometimes 2x a year and one year we went 3x.

Now, when we enter the property, we rarely leave the property. But, I can tell you this. If I could get the Radisson for $33.00 a night again, I would certainly consider staying off-site again.

PamNC

You betcha! May 23rd 2005- May 26th 2005!

DH & I honeymooned at WDW for 3 full days before flying off to St.Lucia on our 4th day for the rest of our honeymoon. I insisted to my DH that we go to Disney for at least a couple days as a sort of "layover" to St.Lucia.

DH proposed to me inside Cinderella's Castle at a window seat overlooking Fantasyland at Cinderella's Royal Table, so it was appropriate that we revisit the magic for our honeymoon. We had such a blast!

We stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, courtesy of my overly generous Disney Parents. We had a Safari view and absolutely loved it, it was amazing!

I've been back once since. I went in October 2005 for the MNSSHP and EFWF, but with my twin sister, not DH.

:tink:

YUP!!!! April 28-May3rd 2003!!!! We stayed at the WL Club level!!!

It was GREAT!

May 2004! We honeymooned for 8 days on an island in the Caribbean and the headed to WDW for 6 more days for the 2nd half of the honeymoon.It was awesome! :thumbsup2

we went in November 92! Went to Disney for 10 day's and then a 10 day cruise on Royal Caribbean!!!!!
I need another honeymoon!!!

We were supposed to go camping in Maine, but there was some unbelievable airfare so we took our tent and camped at Fort Wilderness for 7 nights. We were on a very tight budget so that was the only way we could afford WDW. That was our very first visit to WDW and began our WDW obsession. We have made 7 trips since and still love the World and Fort Wilderness. Now we have a camper so it is much more luxurious!! :teeth:

Our Honey Moon was in July 1992.

Deb

One week in August 1989!! The most magical place on earth. I wanted to go back home and pack and move to central Florida. And we stayed off site at the Day's Inn. Next trip was 1999! Now I go just about every year with three trips this year!

We honeymooned at Carribean Beach Resort for 8 days in May '99 two weeks before our wedding, so the weather and crowds would be better! We could have easily stayed another few days.

:love:

We stayed @ ASMu April 27 - May 1, 2003! It's the only trip we've been able to make without the kids!!!

We honeymooned at WDW in Feb 1996 and 10 years later we are still going strong (guess those that honeymoon at WDW are off to a great start!). We stayed at the then Dixie Landings and the whole experience was fantastic. We had both been to WDW before, but not together, so it was great to be there together. We have since been there a few times with our DD.

We planned on going this Feb for our 10 year anniversary, but the whole family wanted to go in Dec instead to experience it at the Holidays, so we are looking forward to continuing the magic in a few months :)

:bride: :groom:

Count us in. DH and I honeymooned at Dixie Landings in Sept 1994 for 15 days. We wanted a long honeymoon, and couldn't find any place worth the money. We have been back many times since. One trip we came back with a little gift (DD) princess: . I was lucky as a child to visit WDW many times, and now that I have kids (DS 6, DD 4, DS 20 months) we try and make a trip every other year, and each trip is better than the last. We had only one sad trip and that was 9/11 :sad2: :sad2: :sad2: . Even the magical place on earth couldn't be magical that day. We were there for DS 2nd birthday and DD was 3 months old.

We are planning our next trip 9/06 DS 1st trip :woohoo: .

We did! We went to a property on the beach (thanks to my aunt) for most of it, but also spent 4 days in Disney (off-property). We wish we would have done the whole thing Disney, though! :thumbsup2

Yes! July of 1994 was our Disney honeymoon. We stayed at WL for 8 days--it was brand new then. We just finally made it back to Disney this past fall with the kids and plan to return to WL in November.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter