Did your kids like the dining plan?

DisneyArk

DIS Veteran
We were at WDW last week and we enjoyed having the dining plan. But I was surprised at how much my sons who are 6 and 8 liked it. In the past we have not stopped to have sit down meals each day. We thought they would be bored and not want to sit still for a sit down dinner. But my sons behaved very well and tried a lot of new foods (appetizers and things from our plates).

On the 6th day of our trip we waited in line about 20 minutes at a counter service restaurant and DS8 said he really preferred sitting down and having a waiter (so he could color while he waited :lmao: ). Then DS6 said that he didn't like the chocolate mouse in the cup nearly as much as the chocolate mouse (moose) dessert at LeCellier.

I loved letting the boys order dessert at each meal (usually I'm too cheap to let them :) ). I was truly shocked at how much they liked having a TS meal each day! So what did your kids think about the DDP?

My kids loved it also. I am usually really conscience about what they are ordering and how big it is etc. During the dining plan I didn't say anything about anything. Eat three bites of dinner and wait for dessert...go for it. I knew for sure they were not in anyway starving! I have a great picture from the Garden Grill with all 6 of them leaning on each other, so glad to be sitting and looking so full! I sometimes need a break from all the stimuli of WDW, never dawned on me they did too.

Kelly

Our kids enjoyed the dining plan, our older dd loved trying all the different foods and visiting restaurants that we might not have chosen with a more limited food budget. Our younger dd loved the character meals which we definitely would not have done since my hubby is unwilling to pay $20 for each person to eat breakfast.
Lora

My DD loves it. She calls it "that all you can eat plan"! Otherwise she never gets an app and dessert with her meal for herself.

My kids (10 & 12) loved the DDP. They really liked getting their own meals/snacks with their room key. They can't wait for the next trip!

Kristen

Glad to hear the kids are enjoying the plan. I've been trying to explain it to my 10yr old. We leave next week and every few days he comes and asks me to explain the plan again. I'm sure he will enjoy most meals. But in the past he's always gone with the kid's meals. Now that he is a Disney adult, he actually seems to be looking forward to trying new things.

My kids loved it! :thumbsup2 We go to Disney World once a year and are always on a budget. Food had never really been a priority for us. We just had CS wherever.

It is nice to have that sit down time each day. And it is something to look forward to while having fun at the parks. The kids love going to the different resorts and experiencing new things. And it is so nice to let them have what they want and have dessert without having to look at the price. :cool1:

And when they ask for a Mickey ice cream or a pastry, I just say sure, why not! It feels even more like a vacation now! The dining is an attraction all by itself. :teeth:

So glad to hear it's going well for everyone's kids. This is a big concern of mine with DS10. I look at the menu's and think, "Gee, here's a disagreement heading my way. No, way he'll touch this stuff." But maybe he will. I tried to make the ADR's that MAY serve something he like, but I made them more for me and the other 2 adults in the group. I figure I am going to let him basically pick most CS meals, so we get to pick the "adult" places.

My DS11 loved the plan last year, su much so that he has talked about it as one of his favorite things. He has asked when we can go back and do "that meal plan" again. He tried a ton of new thing and loved many of them. DD8 liked it, but less, as she is still generally into kid foods. Neither of them know we are going back in August!

Both of my kids loved it. DS5 was saying in the middle of the trip "I love this Dining Plan". They loved the TS meals, and being able to order a dessert and snack without us worrying about the price, as they are used to.

All of our children also LOVED it and still talk about it! They loved the fact that they were able to order anything they wanted, PLUS an appitizer and dessert;) They also looked foward to their snack every day!

We have a 14yodd that would NEVER get her money's worth out of the DDP. In fact, when we go in Sept we will be paying for all her meals OOP. We just use the "extra" credits for another day's worth of TS meals, since they don't expire until midnight of your last park hopper day.

DS (10) loved the dining plan. He ordered what ever he wanted This year he will be able to order off the adult menu. I hope they have a lot of steak ready and waiting for his arrival!

This will be our first trip on the DDP and neice and nephew both 8, are planning their snacks and meals already.

We've utilized the DDP three times and the DDP is 'da bomb for our DS12 and DS9...and Mom and Dad too. They graduated from kid's meals to steaks and shrimp cocktail. We used to skimp on meals and do everything on the cheap. We never realized how a nice meal can be fun and relaxing after a long day at the park. We are hooked!

My DD11 & DS8 love the Dining Plan....done it our last 2 trips.

They both love character meals for dinner so we usually do Chef Mickey's twice, 1900 Park Fare, Crystal Palace, & LTT during our trip. Then, for the rest of our "usually 8 night trips" we do non-character places that are fun for them, like WCC.

Mine absolutely loved it--there was so much flexibility and I didn't have to base my meal decision on what the kids were picking--usually DS orders a steak and can't finish it so I end up with a salad and his leftovers on the DP he had complete control at at 14 I'm sure it made him feel pretty good! FOr once I got hot food that I wanted!
I loved that the kids didn't need to ask if they wanted a snack and they were very responsible about planning together and sharing as well--loved when they decided they wanted coke and popcorn so they worked it out together to get popcorn on one card and soda on another (I didn't tell them they could pool the credits for one transaction since I wanted them to feel independent and work it out).

Our kids have loved DDP. Even when it wasn't available, we always did one TS a day, nice break from the parks, the restaurants are almost all attractions in themselves, and the sit down time means we rarely found the need to return to the room for a rest, resulting in more park time!

The now nearly all grown boys have a great culinary style, and enjoy helping to pick ADRs for each trip.

Our four children LOVE the plan (12, 11, 6,4 ). They know that they will get the all important DESSERT, which would have never occured if I looked at the price. The food is too much to eat but they do try new things and if we had a problem with choices on the adult menu, the items are the childrens menu could be given to the older children at adult portions. Everyone was happy, including Mom and Dad, who didn't have to worry about an enormous bill after each meal. The plan is a win win for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter