Did your kids like the dining plan?

DS5 loved the plan! The snacks were great. We all really liked the variety of food. You get to try things you wouldn't have if it were oop. Trying different desserts was probably our favorite part. DS5 and I just aren't very big eaters...but it was nice to try different things and not worry about eating it all. There is no way we could have!!! I'm still thinking of the desserts at Liberty Tree Tavern... Apple tart :) and at Ohana :)!!! Yummmmm It is nice trying new things. Enjoy your trip.

DD6 liked that she got dessert everywhere, but DS10 LOVED the plan. One of his school assignments this year was to write about something exciting that had happened to him. His teacher sent us a copy and in it, he described a few of the expected things TOT, RnRC, etc. But what really surprised us is that he also wrote about his dining experiences. He said that first we ate the appetizers and they we ate the "fancy food". He is helping me plan our ADRs this year.

Of Course they do. We normally order just a meal at Restaurants,no appetizers or deserts. So when I told my daughter that each of us can order an appetizer, Dinner and a Desert the look on her face was like I just told her that Santa Claus decided to bring all the presents in the world to just her this year. :lmao: :rotfl2:

My daughter loves the dining plan. She likes the variety of the foods and not having to get the standard burgers/fries fare.

My DD is 18, but our first trip to the world several years ago included "wishes." I think it was a silver plan. :confused3 The wishes could be used for meals or merchandise. We were newbies and really did not know how to work it out.

Once you enjoy TS, it is hard to go back to a limited dining budget! We are now planning our third DDP trip in the Fall. She loves it! The rest of our family think we are nuts. They ask "Do you go on rides or just eat down there?" Our conversations are always about this dessert and that ADR and can we make from here to there in time for this or should we eat here and then do that.....

We are using it in December for our trip. Our kids will be 9, 7 and 4 and I know they will love it. They have inherited Mom's "love to eat out" gene!

It will be nice to let them get desserts and snacks and such without having to worry about the cost.

Allyson :)

I'm pretty sure mine will! We always try to cut corners on the food... hardly any "bought" snacks, water to drink, and lots of CS. DS17 and DS6 are SO looking forward to being able to eat whatever they want this trip!

We watched WDW Unwrapped today on Food Network and when I told DS6 he could have a Mickey Ice Cream bar every day on our trip, he fake fainted! :)

I love being the good guy!

We used the DDP last year during free dining. My DD11 loved it, and so did my DS14.

However, DD loved the TS restaurants, but DS loved getting pizza, burgers and philly cheesesteaks at CS places!

This August will be our first shot at the DDP and my kids are freakin out. As someone else mentioned, the all important "dessert" is the big ticket item, as my kids are never indulged in that unless it comes with the kids meal. DS10 and 13 will be adults and they won't know how to act with an appetizer AND a dessert! :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter