Difference between deluxe and pool view?

Carrieberry

<font color=9999CC>Has to post on the right thread
I have noticed a lot of people saying that they have gotten good rates for "Deluxe pool view rooms" at the onsite resorts. What is the difference between the deluxe room and the regular room? Is it worth the extra $$ for just my husband and I? We got the entertainment rate, can you get the upgrade to a deluxe room at check in with the Loews first card if there are any available? I know there has been some argument to this saying that you can't get the upgrade if you are using a discounted room rate, but it seems fairly inconsistant. We will be staying at the Royal Pacific-do they have deluxe rooms? I wasn't quoted any rates for these when I called, just the standard and the pool view.
Thanks!

A deluxe room is bigger than a standard room. A delux usually has a couch and a small office area.

Carrie,

On the face of it, it doesn't seem that there are any Deluxe rooms at RPH. Also, if you click on the <b>rates and reservations</b> tab, they are only quoting for standard, pool, club and suites.

Just returned...spent one night at HRH (wished it was longer and it will be next trip!). We had the $99 entertainment rate and received both the free upgrade and the welcome gift for Loews first members. I was thrilled with the view from the pool view - we could see the parks and part of citywalk!

We'll be staying at HRH in August and have booked with ENT card but am also a Lowes member. Should I mention this when I check in or do I mention it when I make reservation? Thanks.

QUESTION THOUGH?
What are the views for the Deluxe Queen rooms. Do they vary? I just booked one at the Entertainment rate of 155.00. A asked and the rep said to ask at check in. I just want to know what my choices are. Thanks

Katy, I think it depends on who is at the desk when you check in. I am also a Loews First member and got a room at HRH in Aug. 2001 with the Entertainment Card and I asked about the upgrade and the desk clerk while very polite, emphatically told me that no upgrades or welcome basket (which I never even mentioned to him) is given when you get a room with the Entertainment card. I guess I was just one of the unlucky ones because I have also read on these threads where some people have gotten both! It just goes to show never hurts to ask, some people will get it and some won't, all depends on the desk clerk you get and guess the time you go. Good luck!

Wow, that is very inconsistent! Fortunately, I was one of the lucky ones because we got the entertainment rate, the upgrade, and the welcome gift. (We chose white wine and my husband was thrilled with the gift!) Katy, I definitely wouldn't say anything about it until you check-in. Good Luck!

for all the information. I was at the HRH in April with the ent rate and although I didn't get a room upgrade (I didn't ask) - they asked me what gift I would like....I also chose the wine (red)! I'll just wait and see what happens when I check in - this time I will inquire about a room upgrade - you never know..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter