• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Difference between WDW in November and February?

Bookgirlinchicago

Earning My Ears
We sadly may have to move our trip from Nov before Thanksgiving to February. How do they differ, besides no christmas party :(

Weather, crowds, fun, etc?

Fun: Disney is always fun to me regardless of the time of year, however in Nov. they usually have Christmas decorations up where as Feb they won't really have any I believe
Weather: Usually a bit colder than Nov. but I always tell people that Florida weather is very bipolar, one week it can be 70, the next it will be high 50's or low 40's around that time.
Crowds: Not exactly sure, but I imagine Epcot will be a little crowded due to the Arts festival.

What would your February dates be?
Either feb 5-9 or 3-8.

Fun: Disney is always fun to me regardless of the time of year, however in Nov. they usually have Christmas decorations up where as Feb they won't really have any I believe
Weather: Usually a bit colder than Nov. but I always tell people that Florida weather is very bipolar, one week it can be 70, the next it will be high 50's or low 40's around that time.
Crowds: Not exactly sure, but I imagine Epcot will be a little crowded due to the Arts festival.
Feb is usually colder which is what I enjoy.

Colder like 60s or colder like 40s and 50s?

Yeah I should have explained more, when I said 40's I meant it gets that low at night. Daytime is usually 50-60

BIG difference! in November you would of course have the Christmas decorations up and the crowds would start getting pretty big....but as far as Feb. goes it's cooler, less crowded and as much fun as you want to make it! I'd pretty much have fun no matter what time of year I go so I hope you do to!

OP, your post rings true to me! We always go to WDW before Thanksgiving in November, but this past year had to book our trip for February. So, we went in Feb of this year with no idea what to expect, kinda like you:)
There is just the 2 of us adults. The weather was warmer than expected, 60's to 70's daytime. We felt the weather was just about perfect, but are aware that the weather we had might just be a "fluke". It was nice to get away of all the Christmas decorations, crowds, etc for once, which surprised me. It was nice to see Disney without any other holidays. The crowds were very low, but beware that February and January are the summer months for South American tour groups to show up. We only ran into 2 small groups and they were no trouble at all, no chanting or line jumping or bad behavior! There are also LOTS of cheerleader groups at Disney for a big competition. Those groups were no problem either, but we avoided getting in line behind them on attractions. We did have to do a lot of adjusting to our touring because of these groups, but that's our choice.
All in all, I would not hesitate to go again in February. We went the 6th thru 16th. We are thinking about March next year, but that is also when a lot of schools start spring breaks. It's getting more and more complicated to adjust plans to try to miss all these groups/events. Hope this helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter