Different Guests on Different Days with DAS Pass

TexasChick123

Always Dreaming of Our Next Vacation
DVC Silver
There’s a group of 6 of us going on a trip in a few months. The person who had a disability will be there the whole time for 7 days. Only 2 others will will there for the first 4 days, and then the other 3 join for the last 3 days. In other words, the guest with the DAS pass plus 2 others are the only ones there on Days 1-4. The other 3 will join for the last 3 days to make it now a party of 6 for Days 5-7. He’s going to book his advanced DAS selections, but he doesn’t know if it matters that 3 in the party won’t be there until Day 5. Will they allow you to change your DAS party mid-trip to add 3 more on?

Short answer, no they cannot add people to Advanced Reservations once the Advanced Reservations are booked. The DAS party can be changed/added to for day-of DAS Return Times but not the Advanced Reservations.

First the DAS-holder needs to be linked to all these other guests and they all need to have their tickets loaded to MDE.

Then I believe the CM can make the Advanced Reservations for the correct people each day.

Short answer, no they cannot add people to Advanced Reservations once the Advanced Reservations are booked. The DAS party can be changed/added to for day-of DAS Return Times but not the Advanced Reservations.

First the DAS-holder needs to be linked to all these other guests and they all need to have their tickets loaded to MDE.

Then I believe the CM can make the Advanced Reservations for the correct people each day.
Just to be clear, it sounds like there’s no issue making advanced Das for 3 guests for Day 1-4 and then making it 6 guests for Days 5-7 as long as that’s done at the time of booking the DAS advanced passes.

Just to be clear, it sounds like there’s no issue making advanced Das for 3 guests for Day 1-4 and then making it 6 guests for Days 5-7 as long as that’s done at the time of booking the DAS advanced passes.
That is my understanding. If everyone is linked from the start when the guest first requests DAS it doesn't actually involve "changing" the party (it's the same 5 people + DAS holder) just including the whole party. Make sure the DAS holder confirms all is showing correctly before ending the chat where Advanced Reservations are made. Once the chat is closed, it will require canceling and re-doing the Advanced Reservations.

@TexasChick123 We just did this. We had some family that came later and some who left early. I had them all listed in my friends and family with tickets and park reservations. When I made the advance selections, the CM made the reservations for those people who had park reservations for that day. Then when I made same day Das selections I just had to select the right people for that day and ride. Very easy.

I have done similar. I have had a few trips where I am solo the first few days and then my friends join me the last few. I have made the advanced reservations accordingly. First days for just me and then the last few including my friends. I just tell the CM when I am doing the interview and the selections who to include for each day. I also keep my phone handy to ensure the selections are for the correct number of people. We still need reservations though since we have APs so not sure how not having park reservations now would work with that. I will be doing the DAS for our March trip in a few weeks.

I have done similar. I have had a few trips where I am solo the first few days and then my friends join me the last few. I have made the advanced reservations accordingly. First days for just me and then the last few including my friends. I just tell the CM when I am doing the interview and the selections who to include for each day. I also keep my phone handy to ensure the selections are for the correct number of people. We still need reservations though since we have APs so not sure how not having park reservations now would work with that. I will be doing the DAS for our March trip in a few weeks.
This is correct. Just add everyone to your F&F list, but make the advance selections for the people who will be there at the time.

But until the guests have their tickets entered in to the system, and reservations made if necessary for that ticket type, you will not be able to link them or include them in the advance selections.

Day of, only people with valid reservations for that day, & scanned in to the park, will show up for you to choose to include in your party for a DAS return time, so there’s no worries with choosing the wrong guests or anything.

Go ahead with your DAS online interview when it’s most convenient for you. Then if they haven’t gotten their tickets bought and reserved already, you can always go back to the chat later and make your advance selections. Just answer “yes” when it asks if you already have the DAS, and it will shunt you to the Advance selections queue, which is much much shorter.

I no longer bother with advance selections, because they just add stress for us when they pop up and we can’t use it. I know, I just don’t go to it, but somehow in my head it was nagging me— so why bother? But that’s me. Ymmv.

I was able to book the advance selections with different people on different days, no problem. The only issue I ran into is that there are 7 of us going, and the max they’ll allow is 6 per party. Another in our group qualifies for DAS however, so that person got his own pass, and we booked the advance selections as close as possible to the same times. Wish us luck figuring it all out once we are there!

I was able to book the advance selections with different people on different days, no problem. The only issue I ran into is that there are 7 of us going, and the max they’ll allow is 6 per party. Another in our group qualifies for DAS however, so that person got his own pass, and we booked the advance selections as close as possible to the same times. Wish us luck figuring it all out once we are there!
with 2 DASs in your party remember if even only 5 of your group want to ride and both Das riders are in that group each DAS holder will need a ressie. just plan on 2 ressies each time you make a ressie.

with 2 DASs in your party remember if even only 5 of your group want to ride and both Das riders are in that group each DAS holder will need a ressie. just plan on 2 ressies each time you make a ressie.
Thanks. The other DAS person isn’t in our 6 person group. This would be the 7th person, so he is on his own pass and made his own selections.

We do this all the time - just be sure all are linked when you register the DAS holder. You can register as many people as you would like during the initial chat, they just all have to be connected to you through friends and family. Then you can only pick 5 plus the DAS holder per attraction, and be sure everyone has a park reservation for the day that they want to join. For day of, our son will pick whichever 5 people want to join him on the ride that are there that day. Love the flexibility!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter