Different Park Touring Styles Question

It sounds to me like the compromise is already in place. You have 5 mornings in the parks. There is a breakfast reservation for everyone at 8 am on 2 mornings, one in Disneyland and one in DCA. That leaves 3 mornings for whatever you like.

I *personally* love a breakfast reservation on some of my days, but everyone is different. It doesn't sound like they're trying to take over control, but be clear with them. If it's something you would prefer to skip, then just tell them truthfully that you guys would rather do rides at that time of the day and you'll meet up with them later. I don't see how that could offend anyone.

It definitely makes a difference that this may be your only trip to DLR. You could also cut it back to *one* reserved meal for your part of the group.

The worst thing to do is not to speak up if you really don't want to be a part of the dining plan. You don't want to feel resentment later.
Thank you. There have been compromises on both sides. We are also touring parts of California for 2 days and 1 of those days we are splitting up and doing things we each want to do. Everyone is fine with that. 🙂

Google vegan at Disneyland. I found some nice options to get your vegetables in. Also enjoyed the hummus trio at Bengal Bbq.
Great! Thank you! I don't want to eat impossible burgers the whole trip so I'm always looking for good plant based options. I've eaten some very good meals at WDW and was hoping I could find some at DL.

I went last year with my daughters best friends and mom. They didn’t have any opinions on what to do in the parks but they aren’t early morning people. I was upfront and explained that my daughter and I like to rope drop and it was fine for them to sleep in and meet us later. It was a little hard for my competitive Disney self to not start stacking our LL when we entered since they weren’t all scanned in but it also allowed for my daughter and I to do some stuff we don’t typically do (like ride the cars on Main Street and walk through the shops) and still get some super short line rides in. It all turned out great in the end.

I’m a WDW AP and will be at DLR for the first time in decades in June. (Grew up in SoCal in the 60s and 70s when DL was a park you drove to for your bday, and when your Etickets were gone, they were gone.

DL is open till midnight EVERY night, I think I understand that fireworks time to close are another DL sweet spot, in particular Fantasyland? If so, it might be easier to split up late at night.

Thank you. There have been compromises on both sides. We are also touring parts of California for 2 days and 1 of those days we are splitting up and doing things we each want to do. Everyone is fine with that. 🙂
What else are you planning to see in California? We have 2 free days and I'm trying to decide which things to do and see from Anaheim.

I went last year with my daughters best friends and mom. They didn’t have any opinions on what to do in the parks but they aren’t early morning people. I was upfront and explained that my daughter and I like to rope drop and it was fine for them to sleep in and meet us later. It was a little hard for my competitive Disney self to not start stacking our LL when we entered since they weren’t all scanned in but it also allowed for my daughter and I to do some stuff we don’t typically do (like ride the cars on Main Street and walk through the shops) and still get some super short line rides in. It all turned out great in the end.
If we are all in the park but some of us want to do one Genie+ ride and others want to do another, can we do that? Maybe deselect the people that don't want to do it and those people can select their own Genie+?

What else are you planning to see in California? We have 2 free days and I'm trying to decide which things to do and see from Anaheim.
We signed up for tours with Anaheim Tour Company. They pick you up at your hotel and have a lot of tours to choose from. One day our group chose the tour that includes Warner Bros Studio, downtown LA, Hollywood Sign, Rodeo Drive and the general touristy stuff. The other day, half of our group are going to uber to a beach for the day and the other half is taking a whale/seal watching tour plus spend time at 3 different beaches through Anaheim Tour Company. This is our first trip to California and we wanted to do the touristy stuff plus see some of the scenic coast. I'm so excited!

My former 'Disney Sistah' and I had similar touring styles, but we came up with the 'rules' that worked for us. It was basically that if we didn't want to do what the other wanted to do, then we'd 'part ways' and meet up afterwards. For example; there were rides that I couldn't do due to motion sickness. She went on them, I went shopping, people watching, whatever. If we didn't want to eat at the same place (I have Celiac Disease) we each got what we wanted and if possible would meet up to eat together, if not we'd find each other when we were done. If one of us was tired, that person went back to the room and the other carried on. It worked for us and we never had a cross word nor any resentment.

If you want to rope drop, do it! The others can catch up with you later. You want to ride something twice? Catch up with them later. You don't have to live in each other's pockets.

We signed up for tours with Anaheim Tour Company. They pick you up at your hotel and have a lot of tours to choose from. One day our group chose the tour that includes Warner Bros Studio, downtown LA, Hollywood Sign, Rodeo Drive and the general touristy stuff. The other day, half of our group are going to uber to a beach for the day and the other half is taking a whale/seal watching tour plus spend time at 3 different beaches through Anaheim Tour Company. This is our first trip to California and we wanted to do the touristy stuff plus see some of the scenic coast. I'm so excited!
We are also doing the tour of LA & Warner Bros Studio with Anaheim Tour Company. We will also have 4 days at Huntington Beach after our Disneyland days. Hope to do the whale watching tour then and drive along the beaches.

My former 'Disney Sistah' and I had similar touring styles, but we came up with the 'rules' that worked for us. It was basically that if we didn't want to do what the other wanted to do, then we'd 'part ways' and meet up afterwards. For example; there were rides that I couldn't do due to motion sickness. She went on them, I went shopping, people watching, whatever. If we didn't want to eat at the same place (I have Celiac Disease) we each got what we wanted and if possible would meet up to eat together, if not we'd find each other when we were done. If one of us was tired, that person went back to the room and the other carried on. It worked for us and we never had a cross word nor any resentment.

If you want to rope drop, do it! The others can catch up with you later. You want to ride something twice? Catch up with them later. You don't have to live in each other's pockets.
How did that work with Genie+? Can we each go our separate ways and choose different Genie+ even though our tickets are linked?

Great! Thank you! I don't want to eat impossible burgers the whole trip so I'm always looking for good plant based options. I've eaten some very good meals at WDW and was hoping I could find some at DL.
I didn't read the entire thread so this may be a repeat.. but the vegetable skewers at Bengal BBQ are really good, pretty affordable and so easy to eat while walking. If they bring back the veggie burger (candelabras flaming burger) at Red Rose Tavern by your trip date it is really good, not faux meat. I had it last month 3 times on our trip

I think they use impossible meat, but the forest mushroom pizza at Craftsman Grill (GCH) is amazing. I saw Happiest Vegan on Earth order it without cheese and it still looked good (but to be fair, I've only had it with cheese).

They have a plant based philly dog at Award Weiners that is good too.

I didn't read the entire thread so this may be a repeat.. but the vegetable skewers at Bengal BBQ are really good, pretty affordable and so easy to eat while walking. If they bring back the veggie burger (candelabras flaming burger) at Red Rose Tavern by your trip date it is really good, not faux meat. I had it last month 3 times on our trip

I think they use impossible meat, but the forest mushroom pizza at Craftsman Grill (GCH) is amazing. I saw Happiest Vegan on Earth order it without cheese and it still looked good (but to be fair, I've only had it with cheese).

They have a plant based philly dog at Award Weiners that is good too.
Thank you! I will check these out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter