Digital Membership Cards?

Just got the email today. I do not own a smart phone! I'm not a fan and not one to ever be peering at such a contraption all day long like most people today. Now what do I do buy a phone just to have a digital card? I am so fed up with Disney lately.

My DIVC is gone, but my ND (incorrect) is still there.

I thought about just using my AP discount instead, but then my anxious brain got nervous about that process - I've never had trouble getting an AP because I've always had my blue card, but if this doesn't get fixed, will I have issues renewing? And we'd also miss out on experiences like the christmas party fireworks area (as an example), etc. So frustrating.

Just got the email today. I do not own a smart phone! I'm not a fan and not one to ever be peering at such a contraption all day long like most people today. Now what do I do buy a phone just to have a digital card? I am so fed up with Disney lately.

If it were me I'd be contacting DVC to give them feedback that this direction isn't an option that works for everyone. I'd go so far as to ask how they are going to accommodate since spending several hundred dollars for a phone you don't want is not an actual option.

Hmm my parents are owners and went through the (very arduous) process of adding me to the deed granting me blue card status like them. We typically travel together and manage plans under my dad's MDE. Only he is showing as DVC in MDE and I dont even know where to start to get that updated to correctly show him, my mom and myself who are all on the deed and had physical blue cards.....?!

If it were me I'd be contacting DVC to give them feedback that this direction isn't an option that works for everyone. I'd go so far as to ask how they are going to accommodate since spending several hundred dollars for a phone you don't want is not an actual option.

Thanks! I'll probably call or do chat when I have the time to sit here or on the phone with them. Not sure it will be worth it though. They probably have no fix for us luddites.

My DW has a smart phone and I relied on her while on our last trip to WDW November 27 - December 8. But even with a phone, what happens when you're in a store or restaurant and your phone dies? It's a pain always having to charge it as it is when you have to rely on it all day in the parks.

But even with a phone, what happens when you're in a store or restaurant and your phone dies? It's a pain always having to charge it as it is when you have to rely on it all day in the parks.
Unfortunately, a battery charger has been a fact of life for us on every Disney outing for the last several years. I would love to travel ultralight with just my phone in a wallet case.

Hmm my parents are owners and went through the (very arduous) process of adding me to the deed granting me blue card status like them. We typically travel together and manage plans under my dad's MDE. Only he is showing as DVC in MDE and I dont even know where to start to get that updated to correctly show him, my mom and myself who are all on the deed and had physical blue cards.....?!

Each of you need your own DVC account and your own MDE accounts in order to get set up for this.

Thanks! I'll probably call or do chat when I have the time to sit here or on the phone with them. Not sure it will be worth it though. They probably have no fix for us luddites.

My DW has a smart phone and I relied on her while on our last trip to WDW November 27 - December 8. But even with a phone, what happens when you're in a store or restaurant and your phone dies? It's a pain always having to charge it as it is when you have to rely on it all day in the parks.

Yes, many complications to choosing this route and Disney either doesn't seem to think of them or just dismisses them. For vacations I completely like keeping it as simple as possible but Disney doesn't allow that anymore.

Do you have a blue card though? Just wanting to clarify as there are resale owners with blue cards.

I haven't read all 39 pages, but I did this while at Disney last week but always just showed my blue card.
We purchased in 2009 and were the first of changes and grandfathered in just as we would be direct owners but looked like
I was resale ND. I also have AP and not showing AP.
I just deleted the card but will start reading from last page and see what is going on.

Thanks.

Each of you need your own DVC account and your own MDE accounts in order to get set up for this.

Yikes - thank you! It sounds like you might have experience with this, once we made our own DVC and MDE accounts (which will be feats in themselves), could my dad use the family & friends list to still manage all of our plans? I just dont want to get to a point where my poor 70 year old mom has to make her park ressie for epcot on her own or she gets left behind.

We are going in early Feb and are grandfathered blue card holders.....Today annual was removed from id, but it still shows ND.
Hope this is fixed by the time we go.
I am the same and tried to upload (well I did) the card last week when at Disney. I never was asked for electronic, I just always showed by blue card, AP and license. I am also AP.
My card did not show AP and it said ND. We purchased in 2009 and were the first group to be grandfathered in with direct sales. I've just started reading from last page so not sure if this is suppose to be fixed or not.
So annoying.

This has been posted, for those that haven't seen it yet: https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/faq/membership-card#affiliations

"The Member affiliations include: DVC Y and DVC ND (No Discount/Non-Disney).
  • DVC Y indicates that the Member is eligible for Membership Extras offerings.
  • DVC ND indicates the Member is ineligible for Membership Extras offerings."
The cast member on the phone told me that the grandfathered issue should be corrected soon but had no other info. In fact, the cast member had the same problem and said that deleting and reinstalling the wallet card doesn't fix it. It is unfortunate that DVC elected to blast out the e-mail prior to the feature working correctly.

Thank you SO much for this information and for calling and relaying back this message to us.
I appreciate it!

Thank you SO much for this information and for calling and relaying back this message to us.
I appreciate it!

The CM in MS tech support chuckled earlier today when I asked if it'd be resolved in a few weeks: "Gosh, I sure hope so!" He expects it to, and also added that members should be able to use the digital "blue card" in the interim, despite some onsite attempts in the thread that didn't work.

The CM in MS tech support chuckled earlier today when I asked if it'd be resolved in a few weeks: "Gosh, I sure hope so!" He expects it to, and also added that members should be able to use the digital "blue card" in the interim, despite some onsite attempts in the thread that didn't work.
Thank you. I deleted my card and redid it but it still shows ND but now says "annual".
I appreciate your help! Thank you again.

I had my husband log into DVC with his MDE login info to see if we can set him up as a DVC member. The website asks for information that was sent to us in our welcome packet. That was over 10 years ago so no chance of that working for us.

I will try to help since I have run into problems with my dh too. I was on the phone for way too long ¨just to get a blue card¨ that used to be sent to us without a problem! I am old too, in many ways life was easier before computers! And now a MDE has to be set up for him along with Apple Pay.

First, the Y lets a cm know that you are entitled to the discounts, the ND would mean you have a white card.

You can not have his affiliation show on your account unless he has a dvc account. It was a real pain for us since I had made an account many years ago, forgot about it when I got my own laptop and then made a new one, which meant he couldn´t make his own account until they were able to delete that old account. Now I have two accounts to manage since he doesn´t want anything to do with this.

What a pain!
Oh thank you so much Donna M. That’s exactly my problem with DVC and DH.

DH refuses to get a Smart Phone and never uses a computer so life is getting more and more complicated for me. After 50+ years of marriage I’ve simply given up.

Disney doesn’t help with all the changes since we’ve come ever since Contemporary opened. I had everything down to a science. Not anymore.

Now my brain hurts trying to understand and keep it all straight and thoroughly appreciate Disers like you who have the patience to explain.

I had my husband log into DVC with his MDE login info to see if we can set him up as a DVC member. The website asks for information that was sent to us in our welcome packet. That was over 10 years ago so no chance of that working for us.
Call MS and select option 1 for MS and then (IIRC) option 6 for website tech support. They can assist with getting his DVC account setup and connecting it to his MDE account.

To get the DVC attached to your account you can go here:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/profile/affiliations/edit/
If that does not work go here and then to membership and passes:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/profile/

Looking now it seems you only need to login to the DVC site to link it. If no DVC login is created you can do a chat with the CMs on the DVC site to get the information needed to setup the account. Shouldn't need the packet of info from 10 years ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter