Digital Membership Cards?

Did you purchase all of your DVC points directly from Disney?

People with either all resale points or a mix of direct & resale points have tried this and continue to have it wrong in their wallets.
Definitely agree with you.

Although I have owned resale in the past, all my points are currently direct. While my error was DVC with no qualifier, I never got the dreaded ND which seems to be an error generated for people with resale points grandfathered in to full benefits.

I have both direct and resale contracts and it affected me. I had DVC ND and my husband just had DVC with no ND or Y. Both have self corrected without intervention.

Thanks for sharing. It is good to hear of at least one report of things moving in the right direction. It means they are working on it! But, hopefully, by now, they have made sure all CM's in the park know. I am headed there today...delayed by a few hours...but will see what info I can get again as I go to different resorts and places!

We’re on the way to the airport now, after 10 days on site. It was our first trip as blue card members, so I have nothing to compare to, but other than one CM at the Christmas store in Disney Springs, no one asked to see the DVC Y, and even on that occasion, it was a screenshot on my notes app (blue card was first, so she made me scroll down to look at the Y).
I was never asked for ID, and at times was also not asked for proof of DVC.

Something else I noticed, when the waiter at California Grill scanned my magic band for payment, it showed my AP affiliation on his hand held device. It might also have shown DVC, but I didn’t see. I wonder if this is a first step towards automating everything

I might be wrong, but the ND or Y Magic mobile issue just affects grandfathered in resale DVC buyers, correct?
Nope. I have a mix of direct (well over the 150 minimum) and resale, and I have DVC ND.

At this point, I'm just grateful I have an active annual pass so I'll get a discount regardless on my trip home later this month. I don't feel like arguing with CMs because Disney IT can't get their 💩 together.

I'm still an ND too. I haven't bothered calling, but I will likely need to call MS to change the lead guest on a reservation next week. At that time I will also bring up the "ND". I am not planning on being at Disney until this Fall, so I have time for this to clear. However, if they open up AP's before then, I would be activating an AP at that time, so having this resolved would matter for me.

Just back from our cruise and was able to use the physical blue card (that is expired) with no problems and got the discount in the stores on the dream.

First, I disagree with the term Grandfathered. When we purchased our DVC points in 2007, every purchase, direct through DVC or after-market, memberships were the same. DVC points were DVC points. DVC members were DVC members. Now DVC has decided to have different level DVC memberships. I don't think that is a very good choice. But that decision does not Grandfather me into something I already had, it simply creates multiple Membership levels for those purchasing after a certain date.

I contacted DVC regarding the Digital Mobile Membership Card and my current designation of DVC-ND. I asked if something had changed and I was no longer eligible for Membership Extras? No, they said, I am in the system as eligible. We arrive on February 14th for a 10-night visit. Here is the response I received in my email last night.

Welcome Home Jeffrey

Thank you for contacting Disney Vacation Club®.
We appreciate your interest in your Digital Member ID Card and apologize for the challenges you are experiencing.

These challenges have been brought to the attention of our IT Partners. They are working on identifying the cause so that they can correct these challenges as quickly as possible. We do not have an estimated time frame of resolution, but encourage you to check back on your digital ID Card periodically for updates.

In the meantime, Members with eligible Memberships are able to continue to identify themselves and take full advantage of current Membership Extras by accessing the digital version of the Member ID Card online at DisneyVacationClub.com/card. Please keep in mind that you will also be required to show your government issued Photo ID for verification.

We do appreciate your continued patience as we hope to have this resolved soon.

Thank you and have a magical day,

Milo
Member Services | Online Communications
Disney Vacation Club

I will check the app each day and plan to enjoy our Disney get away! I won't let this spoil time with the grandkids. Disappointed I am that DVC leadership has not addressed this issue to all members.

Thank you for letting me vent.

Quick Question - I just recently added on Direct over the weekend. I was resale w/ no benefits. Checked my Magic Mobile and i'm still ND in my wallet. Tried the taking phone number trick but no dice. Does it change automatically in my wallet? Or does it need to be deleted and recreated if and when it's ready to say Y?

Quick Question - I just recently added on Direct over the weekend. I was resale w/ no benefits. Checked my Magic Mobile and i'm still ND in my wallet. Tried the taking phone number trick but no dice. Does it change automatically in my wallet? Or does it need to be deleted and recreated if and when it's ready to say Y?
Based on other accounts, you are experiencing one of the bugs in the new system.

DVC members with a mix of direct and resale points are mostly showing up as ND.

I just got back from a long weekend. White card holder. Had no issue getting any discounts. I only said I was DVC when asked if I was DVC or Pass Holder. Showed white digital card, only once had to show ID with it.

First question would be, did you add on at least 150 points direct? If not, then you're still not eligible for Membership Extras. If you did, then you have now joined the legion of members who are potentially affected by the issue.

Yeah we bought 150 over the weekend. I guess I didn’t pick up on that was the direct/resale owners mix too. Just thought it was the resale grandfathered group. My goodness what a mess. Thanks for the responses, appreciate it!

Yeah we bought 150 over the weekend. I guess I didn’t pick up on that was the direct/resale owners mix too. Just thought it was the resale grandfathered group. My goodness what a mess. Thanks for the responses, appreciate it!
Maybe if it was just over the weekend it might take a few days for it to fix itself? We had 100 points resale, then added 200 in December direct and both mine and my husbands account show DVC Y

For it to “fix itself” will it just change in my apple wallet just one day? Or should I be deleting and reading it back in from time to time to see if it updated?

So reading through these past few pages I'm in awe of the hubris of Disney when it comes to their IT. If I were in charge of this rollout there is no way I would be giving hard deadlines like absolutely no discounts for physical cards or printed cards after January. How many times do they have to botch things before they realize they need to have soft rollouts. Make sure it works the way it's supposed to before going all hardline. I can understand and forgive mistakes. I have far less tolerance for their failure to learn from their mistakes--particularly that they can and often do screw up and that they need to factor that into their plan. Maybe they need to do a bit less Blue Sky thinking and a bit more Worst Case Scenario planning.

Last edited:
I just got back from a long weekend. White card holder. Had no issue getting any discounts. I only said I was DVC when asked if I was DVC or Pass Holder. Showed white digital card, only once had to show ID with it.
🤔 So some are checking and some are not? Nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter