• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dine With Shamu

VegasMike21

<font color=blue>I couldn't stop laughing when the
Has anyone done the Dine With Shamu experience at Sea World? I was looking into doing this with my g/f for her birthday. Was wondering if it was worth the money or not. It's $35 a person that's why I was asking. I seen their menu and was wondering if it's buffet style or just a sit down style meal. And also they had beer on the menu, do you get a limit or is it all you can drink? Thanks for any advice, all help is appreciated.

I didn't go, but I did walk by the Dine with Shamu area. The area is quite nice and you are right next to the tank with the whales, which looked lovely. It looked like it was buffet style, and there were a lot of little kids there, so I'm not sure if it would be the most romantic experience. I don't know how the beer works at the Dine with Shamu, but at the hospitality center you can get up to two decent sized free samples of beer per day, the day we went they weren't keeping track, so you could theoretically have unlimited "free" beer.

There are a lot of really nice, romantic restaurants about 10 minutes away in the Gaslamp District, where you could probably get a lot higher quality food in a nicer atmosphere for the same price. It really just depends on what you're looking for.

Last December my DBF took his sister and niece who were visiting from Albuquerque, NM to Sea World. We did Breakfast with Shamu. It was awesome! It was a buffet style breakfast and out table was right next to the tank. You really do get much closer to Shamu than anywhere else in the park. Be sure to feed the dolphins and the sting rays if you go. You get to pet them and Sea World taks pictures that you can buy. As for the beer, I'm not sure since we did breakfast. They do have the free beer samples and they have another type of beer tasing that they give you snack with that compliment each type of beer. You have to sign up to do this one.

We did Breakfast with Shamu and it was a buffet. You are sat and drink orders are taken....then off you go! (as I remember, eggs, fruit, french toast, meats) The food was good and the time there was interesting and informative.We got great pictures! It was great to do once .... would I do AGAIN?...probably not.

We did this last August. We sat withing a foot of where the whales came up. Plenty of food, more than most can eat. Great way to start the day.

Have fun,

Jackpirate:

I just booked this, can you tell me where I can find the menu?

THanks!

Lunch/Dinner Menu

Dine With Shamu Menu
Beef Bourguignon
Seafood Creole
Chicken Dijon
Creamy Garlic Tortellini
Pecan Rice Pilaf
Fresh Garden Vegetable Medley
Caesar Salad
Oriental Salad
Freshly Baked Rolls & Butter
Assorted Fresh Baked Desserts
Assorted Pepsi® Products
Iced Tea, Hot Tea
Coffee
Hot Chocolate
Select Anheuser-Busch® Beverages

Children's Menu:
Macaroni and Cheese
Chicken Pieces
All Beef Hot Dogs
Fresh Fruit Salad
Shamu Cookies

MasterCard®, Visa®, Discover®, JTB® and American Express® accepted.

*Menu subject to change

State of California Requires Proof of Age (21) for Purchase or Consumption of Alcohol Beverages on these Premises. SeaWorld requires identification from anyone appearing 30 years of age or younger.

California Sales Tax will be added to all taxable items.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter