Dineyland w/Pics: updated 4/22/08, Pin Fun? pg 89 #1325

What a nice suprise..another update :thumbsup2

I finally joined the entrance line at 8:00 a.m.

Ugh! Definately needed GAT skills there!!

Disneyland4-29-07009.jpg

Goofster said:
So as this boy was waving the rest of his family up to join them a women, who I am guessing was the mother in a loud and firm voice stated “We are not going to cut in front of all of these people, you get yourselves back her with us”. I was a little surprised; I don’t think that I have ever seen that happen before most people just join up

Oh this sounds like what I go through with my gang :sad2:

Goofster said:
I had never noticed this camera on top of the Fire House before

Don't you find there are cameras everywhere nowadays? :3dglasses

Goofster said:
I decided that I would walk through the Emporium and take some pictures for some people that seem to “Love” to shop. Now I won’t embarrass them by posting their names here.

That was nice of ya!! :woohoo:

Goofster said:
(but if you click and highlight the area above...I'm just saying)

I didn't notice this until quoting your post :rotfl2: :thumbsup2

Goofster said:
Hope you enjoy what is here so far and I should have some more up later.

That was great Goofster! :wizard:

I'm glad you waited before posting the next update. I'm having a hard time keeping up with the DIS these days :sad1:

Goofster, This is so………. well way kewl! It’s like your going to take us through Disney! That means that I get to go twice this year. This report will help me get though the next nine weeks. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Your welcome, stay tuned I hope to get more posted today

...lovin' it!! I can almost feel like I'm there! :)

Glad you enjoyed it

:cool1: only 33 days to my first trip I love seeing all the pictures...:banana: :banana: :banana: thanks!

I think you will love it out here, make sure to stop by City Hall and get your “1st Visit” button

Great pics..it's def getting me in the mood for my trip too! :) I need a Disney fix!

Glad I could help

Love all the pics! What a great idea.. now can you do this for us weekly... :)

This is my plan, I thought I would pick one attraction each week and see how that goes.

Question: Why was there no rope drop? Is this something they do every other day? When we went last year we went 2 separate days (Wed and Fri) and there was a rope drop both days....?

Usually on the weekends because the park opens earlier there is not a rope drop, during the week they will open the turnstiles a half hour before park opening and have a rope drop.

Don't you find there are cameras everywhere nowadays? :3dglasses

I hope they don’t put one in my office or they will find out that I spend my day on the DIS

I didn't notice this until quoting your post :rotfl2: :thumbsup2
What ever do you mean? There is a hidden message of some kind? :lmao:

I'm glad you waited before posting the next update. I'm having a hard time keeping up with the DIS these days :sad1:

Well get ready for another one :cool1:

Ok, where was I…..Oh Yeah the Emporium for the shopping fanatics

From the main floor that has most of the clothes and breakable type souvenirs you move into the plush character towers and toy areas

Disneyland4-29-07025.jpg

Disneyland4-29-07026.jpg

Then to the right of the toy area is most of the women’s favorite shop in all of Disneyland the jewelry/clock shop.

Disneyland4-29-07027.jpg

Disneyland4-29-07028.jpg

Disneyland4-29-07030.jpg

Disneyland4-29-07031.jpg

As you exit the Jewelry/Clock shop you come upon the Carnation Café patio dinning

Disneyland4-29-07032.jpg

Next to that is the Main Street Bakery

Disneyland4-29-07033.jpg

There are lots of good stuff in here, Muffins, Pastries, and Cookies and of course Coffee.

Now I can’t say much about the coffee, but it must be good since there is always a crowd waiting to hear their names called for a Double-Expresso-Malted-Streamed-Caffine-Enriched-Mocha-Blend-Frappanchino-Granda

Disneyland4-29-07034.jpg

Next to the Bakery is the Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor and Penny Arcade

Disneyland4-29-07036.jpg

Disneyland4-29-07035.jpg

Didn’t look like much of a call for Ice Cream at 8:30 in the morning; I believe they open at 11:00 a.m., they have different types of waffle cones, Plain, Dipped in Chocolate, Dipped and rolled in Sprinkles and a number of Sundae options.

The penny arcade is currently closed for refurbishment; it is located behind the black curtain.

On the other side of the Penny Arcade are the Candy Shop and Refreshment Corner

Disneyland4-29-07037.jpg

Disneyland4-29-07038.jpg

Disneyland4-29-07039.jpg

I knew I would mess something up, I forgot to take pictures of Refreshment Corner

Well that concludes the West side of Main Street, so next I’ll head over to the East side of the street which pretty much has things for the “Lovers of Shopping”

There are lots of good stuff in here, Muffins, Pastries, and Cookies and of course Coffee.

Now I can’t say much about the coffee, but it must be good since there is always a crowd waiting to hear their names called for a Double-Expresso-Malted-Streamed-Caffine-Enriched-Mocha-Blend-Frappanchino-Granda

Count me in as a fan of my favorite little coffee shop! I used to love to come in and get my coffee and muffin and sit on a bench in the Main Street hub and listen to the band while my kids ran around a bit before we met up again to ride together. It's a great way to start your day at DL when everything is shiny and new and still fairly empty. I sometimes pick up collectable coffee mugs too and they used to give free refills.

Thanks for the photos - we're so close to our visit we can taste it!

Ok, where was I…..Oh Yeah the Emporium for the shopping fanatics

Yes, you can't forget us :banana: :banana:

All these shopping pictures have made me really excited to get back!!!!

Goofster said:

I'm not a coffee drinker.....but I do need my daily tea :coffee:

Goofster said:
Well that concludes the West side of Main Street, so next I’ll head over to the East side of the street which pretty much has things for the “Lovers of Shopping”

That'd be me!!!!!!!! Bring it on Goofster :cheer2:

Loved the pictures. I must say, you're doing a fabulous job with this :thumbsup2

I hope they don’t put one in my office or they will find out that I spend my day on the DIS

I'm not sure what you do at the office, but couldn't ya pretend it was work related somehow? :confused3 :rotfl:

That was a thrill! I was salivating looking at those shops! I'm so excited to see your side of town! :goodvibes

Count me in as a fan of my favorite little coffee shop! I used to love to come in and get my coffee and muffin and sit on a bench in the Main Street hub and listen to the band while my kids ran around a bit before we met up again to ride together. It's a great way to start your day at DL when everything is shiny and new and still fairly empty. I sometimes pick up collectable coffee mugs too and they used to give free refills.

Thanks for the photos - we're so close to our visit we can taste it!

It can be really crowded in the morning especially if they have a rope drop.

They have so many good things to eat, I'm glad it is usually busy or I would stop and eat way to much

I'm not sure what you do at the office, but couldn't ya pretend it was work related somehow? :confused3 :rotfl:

I think I have it down, I just have that deer in the headlight look on my face and everyone walks by and grunts

That was a thrill! I was salivating looking at those shops! I'm so excited to see your side of town! :goodvibes

I was thinking of you when I decided to start on Main Street, I figured since you are going to be here next week you could start putting together your shopping list....:rotfl2:

P.S. I remembered to charge the camera :thumbsup2

Smart man ;)

Goofster said:
I think I have it down, I just have that deer in the headlight look on my face and everyone walks by and grunts

:rotfl2:

When I worked in the office, we couldn't go to sites like the DIS so consider yourself lucky :hippie:

So we head across Main Street to the east side of the street and head for the Photo Supply Company

Disneyland4-29-07040.jpg

And I even have a security guard watching out for my safety while crossing

Disneyland4-29-07041.jpg

You can buy film and cameras here, but its main use is for pick-up of your photopass pictures, this area can get very busy in the evening.

Disneyland4-29-07042.jpg

You exit the Photo Supply Company right into the China Closet for more souvenirs (Serendipity here you go)

Disneyland4-29-07044.jpg

Disneyland4-29-07045.jpg

Disneyland4-29-07046.jpg

Disneyland4-29-07047.jpg

Next is the Crystal Arts store where you can purchase blown glass items or have glass picture frames or mugs etched with your name or a date.

Serendipity some cool things here for a remembrance of your Honeymoon

Disneyland4-29-07048.jpg

You then enter the Disney Clothiers shop, this shop contains three areas they have the Infant and Toddler Apparel

Disneyland4-29-07049.jpg

Disneyland4-29-07052.jpg

Now I know no one is going to believe this especially Sorceress, but I didn't see the women in the picture until I downloaded them for posting

Fashionable Menswear

Disneyland4-29-07050.jpg

And the last area is Vintage and Retro-Style Apparel

Disneyland4-29-07054.jpg

Disneyland4-29-07055.jpg

You can then walk out onto a little patio area

Disneyland4-29-07057.jpg

Disneyland4-29-07059.jpg

and take a seat and enjoy a snack for the fruit cart

Disneyland4-29-07056.jpg

Or if it is open a Ice Cream treat

Disneyland4-29-07058.jpg

Or get a cup of coffee or hot chocolate to go along with a cookie or fudge from the Market House

Disneyland4-29-07060.jpg

Disneyland4-29-07061.jpg

You can even participate in a Party Line phone call

Disneyland4-29-07062.jpg

Well I have reached my picture quota again,

So next time we will take a look at my favorite shop on Main Street Disneyana

YAY! You made a visit! These are great photos... they make me want to visit Disneyland! It's been so long since I was last there. There's something that is so... authentic about Disneyland. It has something that none of the other parks have. I guess since it's the original, it's more Walty. And I like that. :)

YAY! You made a visit! These are great photos... they make me want to visit Disneyland! It's been so long since I was last there. There's something that is so... authentic about Disneyland. It has something that none of the other parks have. I guess since it's the original, it's more Walty. And I like that. :)

I agree, I like Magic Kingdom a lot too, but Disneyland is my favorite

So what kind of coffee is it? I am used to WDW where the coffee is nasty and I;m hopin against hope its better in DL or else I have to find em some in the AM before we get to the parks cause I need me my coffee in the mornin!!!! I'm much nicer with it than without it, ask DH lol!

So what kind of coffee is it? I am used to WDW where the coffee is nasty and I;m hopin against hope its better in DL or else I have to find em some in the AM before we get to the parks cause I need me my coffee in the mornin!!!! I'm much nicer with it than without it, ask DH lol!

Kat,
My understanding is that they have basically what you could get a Starbucks, as for the brand I don’t know, however the friends that I have that do drink coffee say it is pretty good. They have machines on the back counter that look like the ones I have seen at Starbucks.

1. LIABILITY
1.1 The above information provided by the Party of the First Part has been provided as strictly hearsay and in no way guarantees the validity of said information,

1.2 Party of the First Part assumes no Financial Liability should the Party of the Second Part not find the above information to be truthful for what ever reason in regards to said liquid refreshment.

1.3 Should the Party of the Second Part have a Physical Reaction (here in defined as “Spew”, “Toss Cookies”, “Hurl”), caused by the consumption of said liquid refreshment, the Party of the First Part, hereby affirms that if they are in the general area of said Physical Reaction that they will attempt to hold back the hair of the Party of the Second Part, while said party is “Driving the Porcelain Bus".

And I even have a security guard watching out for my safety while crossing

Do they just do that for youngins and seniors? Hmm...wonder which category you fall into. :rotfl2:

Goofster said:
Next is the Crystal Arts store where you can purchase blown glass items or have glass picture frames or mugs etched with your name or a date.

That would make for a great keepsake :thumbsup2

Goofster said:
Now I know no one is going to believe this especially Sorceress, but I didn't see the women in the picture until I downloaded them for posting

:rolleyes:

You keep telling yourself that Goofster :rotfl:

Goof, I think you may have redefined the way trip reports should be posted.

I like the idea of using mostly pictures with captions and an occasional explanation. Now you've got my cogs turning... :scratchin

Goof, I think you may have redefined the way trip reports should be posted.

I like the idea of using mostly pictures with captions and an occasional explanation. Now you've got my cogs turning... :scratchin

Now Buzz, don't be changing your reporting style! Personally, I love the way you and Linnie write.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter