Dining credits offer - have you used it?

LivCK

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone!

I've got a trip booked in May with Attraction Tickets which includes the dining credit offer. I'm just wondering if anyone has been yet and used this offer, and what it was like?

I know there is a PDF online (I'm not sure if I can post links here but I just googled "disney dining credit offer" and there is a PDF from the Disney Packages website) showing where you can use the credits - I'm just wondering if the credits are cash equivalent like a gift card? I.e. if we have $500 credit and buy a $5 treat, then we have a remaining balance of $495.

The other alternative in my mind is that it is more like the dining plan and you are able to buy e.g. 10 quick service meals or 20 snacks.

Hope that all makes sense, lol! Thanks in advance :love:

I haven't used it yet, but from what I've read its like a dining credit gift card. So if you have $500 of dining credits, and spend $5, then yes your remaining balance is $495
From what I've read, you don't get a physical gift card, you get an e gift card emailed to you when you check into your resort. I think you can add this dining gift card to your mobile wallet, or add it to your room charging facility.

We used it in January and it is exactly like a gift card but restricted to dining. It was emailed to us on check in day (it came through when I took my phone out of airplane mode on arrival at MCO along with our room details) and you either use the barcode in the email or save it Apple wallet and use it from there. I can't see anything in the email about adding it the room for charging though. They deduct the value of your meal and each time your receipt will show you the remaining balance on the card.

Print that list of participating venues before you go (or bookmark it) as they don't give you anything with the card. I had seen it before we went, but couldn't find it again whilst away so was always a bit tentative when going to use it. I can't think of any restaurant or food cart that we tried to use it at that rejected it, the only time was when we went to buy a drink from somewhere at the front of DHS that sold souvenirs too and they couldn't get it to work. The value went a lot further than I thought it would though so it was a good thing to have!

Hey I’m here right now with the credit - it was emailed to us and has a barcode that you can scan at a till to pay for food or if you want to use mobile order, you just hit “use different payment” and type in the gift card code, it worked for us
Thanks - that's really helpful to know.

Enjoy your trip!

I wonder what happens if like us you do not have a mobile phone only a large iPad which i do not intend to lug to the US let alone to parks every day.
do you think the check in desk at the All Stars might print the required QR code out for us to show for the dining credit?
I do understand they would not put it on a gift card as that can be used for merch as well us food.

Anyone advice from someone who may have been under similar circumstances appreciated.

Glenn.

That's a good point. I do use my mobile in the US - but really noticed when we were there at Christmas how much my battery drained. I ended up buying a fuel rod when we were there and swapped it at least once most days.
A Disney holiday really makes you rely on your mobile now.

I wonder what happens if like us you do not have a mobile phone only a large iPad which i do not intend to lug to the US let alone to parks every day.
do you think the check in desk at the All Stars might print the required QR code out for us to show for the dining credit?
I do understand they would not put it on a gift card as that can be used for merch as well us food.

Anyone advice from someone who may have been under similar circumstances appreciated.

Glenn.
The mail didnt work for us. The frontdesk printed it out for us. So I think that is a solution when you dont have a phone or dont want to use one.

You use it as a giftcard. But some store where you can buy food or considered a merchandis store and then you cant use the dining credit even if you only buy food. Main street confectionery was one where this was the case.

Ty Lisette. Was hoping a print out would be an option given to us on checkin. glad to hear if any others are coping okay this summer with the dining credits.

Hey I’m here right now with the credit - it was emailed to us and has a barcode that you can scan at a till to pay for food or if you want to use mobile order, you just hit “use different payment” and type in the gift card code, it worked for us
Hi can I ask when it was mailed to you? Was it with your gift card voucher and booking confirmation or did it arrive later?

We have booked for next September with the offer included, I had no idea you could only use the credit at certain places, thanks for the info!

We have booked 2023 - and get merchandise locations included. Does anyone know when it runs out ? Is it last day at 12 or can you use it later than your stay?

We have booked for next September with the offer included, I had no idea you could only use the credit at certain places, thanks for the info!

Its only a couple of places - anywhere that isn't fully a food place or anywhere that is a participant place and isn't taking part. It was really few and far between

We have booked 2023 - and get merchandise locations included. Does anyone know when it runs out ? Is it last day at 12 or can you use it later than your stay?
This years (no matter when you got the card) ran out at the end of the year so I would assume that next years would be similar

I've booked for next year and got the Dining & Merchandise combo. It expires 8th January 2024. You can download a list of participating venues (the "Handy Guide" at https://www.disneypackages.co.uk/) but although it says the information is correct as of May 2022 it lists Mouse Gear for merchandise and not Creations. It does have Space 220 and Connections for dining though. Oddly, Main Street Emporium is not listed for merchandise, only "Emporium Disney Clothiers" (does that mean the whole Emporium or just that one section?) and "Main Street Confectionary". World of Disney and the pin hut not listed for Disney Springs. Will need to contact them in the future for an updated list and to clarify the oddities.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter