Dining help needed (please read)

anbmom

Earning My Ears
I am returning to Disney World from March 5-10, 2005. I am traveling with my daughter who is 8 and has been to DW several times. My mother-in-law, who is 70, will be traveling with us also. She has not been to DW in 30 years since it was MK only. She prefers to eat plainer items like veggies, etc. Can anyone suggest some places that she might enjoy eating.
Thanks in advance!
Angela in TN

Lots of good choices...

In the parks try there:

MK:

Plaza Restaurant, Liberty Tree Tavern, Columbia Harbor house

MGM:

50's Prime Time

Epcot:

Le Cellier, Alfredo's

At the resorts:

Beaches N Cream
Concourse Steakhouse
Yachtsman Steakhouse
Flying Fish
1900 Park Fare
Yacht Club Galley
Narcooses
Hoop De Doo Review

Keep in mind that at almost every restaurant they will work with you to create a very "plain" meal if that is what you want.

Anne

I don't think she would like Le Cellier because she is not much of a meat eater. Now I really like it though.

I didn't think about 50's Prime Time, but she would probably like it. We ate there last week and the meat loaf, fried chicken and pot roast was very good.

She might like the Liberty Tree because it is served family style.

What do you think about Chef Mickey's and/or the Crystal Palace?

TIA

I HATE Chef Mickey's. The food is terrible and the atmosphere gives me a headache. The CP is OK. I'd choose 1900 PF over both in a heartbeat.

My 73 year old mom likes 1900 PF very much. She didn't care for Chef Mickey's at all.

Anne

I've disagreed with Anne on this one before. We really like Chef Mickey's. Crystal Palace is pretty good too. My big complaint is the noise. But, they are character meals, so I don't have to leg to stand on, so to speak. We did enjoy 1900 Park Fare also. Well, we did until dd, then 8, dropped a plate at the kid's buffet area, broke it and was just mortified. She will not go in there again. Sheesh. But it is a good spot for good food. Most of the buffets have some pretty good vegi offerings.

I like chef mickeys and park fair but they are both noisy. My choice would be the land grill because children love the characters and rotating scenery and they have yummy fresh veggies and trails end because their plain fare is really really good.

Liberty Tree is "family style" for the character dinner only. Lunch is table service/regular menu. If your Mom isn;t into "character meals" Liberty Tree is a good lunch option.

My picks would be:

1900 Park Fare
Liberty Tree Tavern
Hollywood Brown Derby
Crystal Plaza
Columbia Harbor House
Plaza Restaurant
Narcooses
Rose and Crown

In regards to the CHef Mickey's debate - I honestly don't care for their food all that much but we keep going back because the kids love it.

I agree with Chuck S. Liberty Tree Tavern is a great spot for lunch. As far as character meals go we always enjoy Chef Mickey's and prefer it to CP or 1900 PF. The atmosphere was calmer at 1900 than CM's but we didn't enjoy the food. Everyone's tastes are different though.

I would suggest California Grill-if you don't mind spending the money. It's very "veggie" oriented and the menu changes daily since they only use the freshest ingredients.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter