Dining Plan for only part of your stay?

golden1

DIS Veteran
I am doing a split stay in my December trip. For the first part of the trip, we are staying at the All-Star Family Suites which I understand is not eligible for DDP. However, we are switching to BWV and staying for 5 nights. Is it possible to sign on for the dining plan for just the remaining 5 nights? How do I go about doing this if so? Because we are doing a lot of buffets, I didn't think it would be worth it at first but after doing some calculations and realizing that we can use my dd's TS dining credits for ourselves, it looks like we would be saving over $100 on those 5 nights, not including snack credits.

I have also made ADRs already. Do I have to call Disney Dining and inform them that I am using the dining plan? I know that I was asked that question for several of my reservations.

Oh never mind. I see that they closed the loophole for pooling credits. I would have felt too guilty anyhow! :teeth:

golden1 said:
Oh never mind. I see that they closed the loophole for pooling credits. I would have felt too guilty anyhow! :teeth:

Curious, how did they close the loophole? Not that I'd need it. I have just been told to pay for my kids and save the credits for adult TS. Not that I'm gonna do it ( I can see the flames coming) but if they did find a way to stop it, then I want to tell my friends who may choose not to get the dining plan if they know they can't do that anymore.

Right now it looks like they are changing the pooling of the credits. (I hate the word loophole as I do not feel it was ... I feel they are now changing the way credits can be used due to the overwhelming numbers of DDP users.)

The wording in the brochure has changed ... but as of right now they are still pooled on your card. This could all change very soon, but it's hard to tell when.

WDWO

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter