Dining Plan/Mug Question...

anbouk

FINALLY....DVC!!!
Maybe someone can give me some insight here, because I am not getting a straight answer from DVC member phone reps. We have a split stay at three different DVC resorts over a 10 day period. The first nite since we get in late afternoon we booked SSR to stay in DD and pick up our AP. This is a one night stay only. My teen kids all want the mugs, not so much the Dining Plan as we have the tables card and prefer to swing dining options as we go. Can I get the Dining Plan for one night, get the mugs and use for the length of the stay (10 days) or do i need to just purchase the mugs the first night and tell them about our other two linked ressies so they can refill thru the duration of our vacation?I still cannot understand how this new mug refill thing works with connecting ressies...i do not want to end up with extra mugs in the long run and not use them. What do you suggest? We are definitely not looking to cheat the system just thinking what is the most practical way to purchase the mugs the first nite and use for the duration of our stay? Please help. TIA:)

You can buy length of stay mugs that are valid through resort changes.

You cannot purchase the dining plan for one night, UNLESS your multi split stay includes a single night reservation at a given resort. If that is the case, you could indeed get the dining plan for just that day, because Disney considers split stays to be essentially different vacations.

This of course would work out best if the single night reservation was for the first day of your trip, otherwise you wouldn't get the mugs until then.

One thing I don't know, is whether mugs given as part of a single day dining plan during a split stay situation would continue to work at the other resorts during the consecutive segments of your trip. Hopefully someone else has done this recently and can reply...

In April, we had 3 nights at BWV with the deluxe dining plan, and then 6 nights at VGF with the regular dining plan. We received mugs with each resort stay. We had 14 mugs total. All of the mugs that we received with our BWV stay still worked when we moved over to VGF. It will show you the mug expiration when you use them at the refill station.

Our mug expiration date was many days after we checked out of VGF.

Unless something has changed, you should be able to get your mugs at SSR, and then use them at your subsequent resorts.

I had this same question last year. My issue was I had a 3 night stay at akv, did a 4 night cruise and then 1 more night at BLT. I questioned about my mug being valid for my last night. The answer is when you buy length of stay, it automatically is active for 14 days regardless of where you go. It does not actually connect to your ressies. Got that info from manager of the shop and not from the front desk. Its nice when people in sales do the right thing.

I don't know the answer to your question and I really do not think you will get any kind of official one from Disney, either.

When you arrive & pick up the mugs that come with your one night Dining Plan, tell the CM you have a split stay and will be checking out from xx resort on whatever day that is. The CM may sprinkle some pixie dust and program the mugs for the entire stay. Or he/she may ask you to pay the daily charge for the days you did not purchase the dining plan.

Have fun.

I was told by the CM that those purchased as part of a dining plan are automatically valid for 14 days.

We have a 2 week trip coming up and wanted to purchase them for the first two days before we go on the cruise and then come back. They said it wouldn't be a problem.

I ended up adding the dining plan for the first 2 nights because we had two meals schedule, and can use the mugs before and after.

DDP, split stay, AKV Jambo, 2 night and 2 nights VGF!:thumbsup2

I will get 2 sets of mugs, correct? Will mugs from 1st stay be "deactivated" at 11:59PM on checkout day of the 1st stay? Mugs from 2nd stay in theory will be "deactivated" on checkout day of the 2nd stay, correct?:confused3

THANKS! Can't wait for our December FUN trip!:santa::woohoo:

We had a 4 night stay in May and bought the regular dining plan. The mug expiration date was 14 days from date picked up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter