Dining Plan now available for DVC stays

I've booked it for our stay in June. I just called MS and they added it to the reservation - we pay on arrival. It costs $37.99 per adult per night and that includes tax and gratuities.

We've got 15 nights in the US but they are split 6 nights OKW, 3 nights RCCL cruise then 6 more nights OKW. Have booked the plan for the first 6 nights as we have DC and the Backstage Tour in the second 6 nights, both of those include a meal and we also want to eat at Ming Court one evening. If they allow me to split my reservation in future and book it as 2 x 1 week (even if I stay in the same room all the way through) then I'd be very tempted to add it to one of those weeks but I wouldn't want to be tied to it for a whole fortnight.

That's exactly what we did earlier this week Susie. Phoned Member Services and asked them to add the Dining Plan to both my reservations in August. Couldn't have been easier!!

Have a great day,
Andy

Sue's Mum said:
I'm going to mull over whether it would be worth getting two plans for a party of 4 adults and one child. My DH and I have a DVC contract and our DD has a contract separately. We are all going at the same time but will be booking under separate contracts. So effectively, so far as DVC are concerned, DH and I are one party and DD and her family are a different party. Just thinking that perhaps we could share our food with some supplements as DH and I won't be able to eat that much in any one day. Has anyone used the dining plan who could please give me the benefit of their experience in this direction?

Not used it myself yet (will do in June) but that sounds a really good idea.

disney13 said:
That's exactly what we did earlier this week Susie. Phoned Member Services and asked them to add the Dining Plan to both my reservations in August. Couldn't have been easier!!

Have a great day,
Andy

Great news Andy!

So it's $37.99 per adult per day right?? Anyone know what the price for children is?

Miffy2003 said:
Great news Andy!

So it's $37.99 per adult per day right?? Anyone know what the price for children is?

$10.99 :teeth: we are adding it this trip as DS is still 9

TinkTatoo said:
$10.99 :teeth: we are adding it this trip as DS is still 9

Thanks Jakki!

Amber will turn 10 a few weeks before :(

Theres no way she will eat anything like $37.99 worth so I think this is a no goer for us, though I do keep mulling it over :teeth:

It is very tempting but I really don't think we could or even should eat that much :rotfl: . Last time we mainly had fruit for breakfast, skipped lunch a lot of the time and had dinner. We found after a few days the sheer volume of food put us off eating much.

I guess we have a while to decide since we don't go until September.

Miffy2003 said:
Thanks Jakki!

Amber will turn 10 a few weeks before :(

Theres no way she will eat anything like $37.99 worth so I think this is a no goer for us, though I do keep mulling it over :teeth:

That's why we are going for it this time - I couldn't justify spending $37.99 on DS when he would probably only eat a few strawberries and a slice of bacon at a character breakfast ::yes::

DD, If we let her, would probably try and eat her own weight in sweets / cakes and donughts :eek:

Anybody know if the costs have changed ?

I have just been on the 'phone to MS and they have quoted me $37.99/10.99 but plus tax @ 6.5% and gratuity @ 18%.

Are they wrong or is it me ?

Thanks,
Pat.

I hope they are wrong! I asked if the price included tax and was told that it included tax and gratuity.

Just checked the DVC website - it says "For each night on your reservation for just $37.99 per adult and $10.99 per child age 3-9 (prices include tax and gratuities)"

Those are the correct numbers. I'm not sure if tax applies to DVC, and I'm pretty sure that those number actually include gratuities.

When I booked the Dining Plan the very nice lady at MS told me it was $37.99 a day for one snack, counter service meal and a table meal which including all taxes and gratuities.

We're going to be trying some restaurants that we wouldn't have if we didn't have the Dining Plan. Roll on July!!!

Andy

That's the nice thing Andy, lots of people have said it's given them the chance to try new places etc. It really is an incredible deal in the right situation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter