Dining plan with DVC resort

ellataylor

Mouseketeer
Hello!

We are planning our 1st trip as DVC members. When calculating the dining plan it appears to work out slightly cheaper than for a non DVC stay, or are my calculations wrong?

Hello!

We are planning our 1st trip as DVC members. When calculating the dining plan it appears to work out slightly cheaper than for a non DVC stay, or are my calculations wrong?
The dining plan is the same price, DVC stay or non DVC stay.

Yea that doesn't make sense, the DDP is priced the same per night, per level, per age (adult vs child), should be zero difference if on cash vs dvc.

Might be one of the prices you are seeing is with tax (non DVC) and the other is without tax (DVC).

Yea that doesn't make sense, the DDP is priced the same per night, per level, per age (adult vs child), should be zero difference if on cash vs dvc.
Is it still required that everyone staying has to have the dining plan for the full duration of the stay? So if someone is staying just some of the nights, they still need to pay the dining plan for nights they are not there?

Is it still required that everyone staying has to have the dining plan for the full duration of the stay? So if someone is staying just some of the nights, they still need to pay the dining plan for nights they are not there?

Yes. Everyone on the reservation must purchase the plan.

You could get around this by doing a split stay.

Would be kinda a headache maybe as you'd have to buy the dining plan twice for those wanting to use it the whole time.

But say you were doing 6 nights, do a split of 3 and 3, only have the people staying the first 3 nights on that res along with everyone staying whole time. On 2nd res of split stay have everyone staying those days.

Didn't want to start a new thread.

We are going next week for 9 nights and have a split stay (5 nights/4 nights).

I understand that you can purchase the dining plan up to 48 hours prior to the stay. We aren't sure if it is right for us but we booked it for the first part of our stay to test it.

If we are half way through our first part and realize that we want to add it for our second part, can I do that while on the first part of the trip? Or is it 48 hours prior to the entire stay starting?

Thanks!

Didn't want to start a new thread.

We are going next week for 9 nights and have a split stay (5 nights/4 nights).

I understand that you can purchase the dining plan up to 48 hours prior to the stay. We aren't sure if it is right for us but we booked it for the first part of our stay to test it.

If we are half way through our first part and realize that we want to add it for our second part, can I do that while on the first part of the trip? Or is it 48 hours prior to the entire stay starting?

Thanks!

If you are a split stay, then each is its own and you should be able to add it to the second part as long as it’s the 48 hours in advance.

If you are a split stay, then each is its own and you should be able to add it to the second part as long as it’s the 48 hours in advance.
I wonder, do you get a second refillable mug?

Not that I would want a 2nd as we can’t fit the ones we already have in the cabinets at home as it is…

I wonder, do you get a second refillable mug?

Not that I would want a 2nd as we can’t fit the ones we already have in the cabinets at home as it is…
Yes you would if you wanted, but no one is forcing you to take a 2nd

Back in the olden times, the price for the DVC Dining Plan was set for the entire year, but the price for the general public could increase throughout the year. Therefore, the DVC price could be lower. I'm not sure if that's still true, and it seems too early in the year for that to be the case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter