Dining Report: 8/17-8/22 (O'Hana, Le Cellier, Boma, Sci Fi, Cap'n Jack's, QS)

Ticket Man

Mouseketeer
Cast: Me (22), Dad (48), 5 nights/6 days at AS Sports

Day 1:

Arrived two hours late b/c of mechanical problems with our plane. Had a QS lunch at the AS Sports food court. My dad had a cheeseburger which he said was very good, and I had nachos that were not good at all. I'm very glad I didn't pay the $12 it would have cost me for nachos, drink, and a Mickie crispy treat.

Dinner was at O'Hana. We've been here before, but before the menu changes. I was very impressed. We were seated about 15 mins after our PS and the barrage of food ensued. The mixed greens, wonton chips, shrimp, and wings were all excellent. The steak, and turkey were great. The sausage was just okay, but there was enough other food. Now, the dessert. By far the best dessert we would have all trip. It was absolutely incredible and I want it again!

Day 2:

Lunch: Flame Tree BBQ at AK. This was better than two of our TS meals. I had the ribs and my dad had the BBQ Pork Sandwich. The ribs were better than many rib restaurants around the south. The baked beans were great, and the ducks enjoyed the corn on the cob. Key lime pie hit the spot as well.

Dinner: Boma. I was expecting a lot, and was quite disappointed. The meat either lacked flavor or had a very generic taste. The salads weren't very good either. The desserts were pretty good, but not as good as everyone claims and not close to the Bread Pudding/Banana's foster at O'Hana.

Day 3:

Lunch: Pizza Planet at MGM. An old standard by now, we knew what to expect and got a fairly decent lunch. This was just a fun place to eat and had above average food.

Dinner: Sci Fi and MGM. The worst meal of the trip, without a doubt. My chili tasted worse than most chili that comes out of the microwave. The chicken on my salad tasted like wood, and my dad's steak was curled up at the end's. The apple crisp was terrible also.

Day 4:

Lunch: Seasons Food Court at Epcot. I had two types of meat with lo mein noodles and broccoli. Strawberry shortcake for dessert and it was very good. It was fairly good, slightly better than most mall food court chinese. My dad has a ham/salami sandwich that he said was good.

Dinner: Cap'n Jacks, Downtown Disney. I wasn't expecting this. The crab cake appetizers were among the best I'd ever had. We both got surf and turf. The lobster tails were excellent, the steak was so so. The whiskey cake was a great dessert. All that and we had by far the best and quickest service of the entire trip with a water view of Downtown Disney. A+

Day 5:

Lunch: Pecos Bill, MK. Had a very early lunch and a very late dinner. We both had double cheeseburgers with mushrooms and onions. It was as good as it always is. Had fries with cheese, and obviously had no room for the dessert that didn't look that good.

Dinner: Le Cellier, Epcot. This was my first time here and I really liked the castle/dungeon feel. We were seated fairly quickly and service was decent. The breadsticks were good, especially the multi-grain and the pretzel bread. I had the shrimp cocktail appetizer. The shrimp were so so, but the wasabi sauce was excellent. We both had the Le Cellier Filet and they were incredible. I can usually eat more than 7 oz of steak, but I couldn't even finish this baby. One of the better tasting steaks I've ever had, and cooked to perfection. For desert I had the creme brulee which was fairly good, but not the best I'd ever had.

Day 6: Had lunch again at Flame Tree, this time out of pocket and every bit as good.

Until November, when I'll do it again.

Time to diet!

Thanks for the review. I like Flame Tree a lot, too. Yay Cap'n Jacks! I have an ADR for this in December and consider it the 'risky' restaurant due to inconsistent reviews.

Ticket man,

Were you on the DP and if so was the dessert included in the meal? In the unofficial guide to WDW it mentions that the dessert is the standard pineapple and carmel dip, but other desserts can be ordered for extra $$.

Thanks for the help.

Faith

lilpooter said:
Ticket man,

Were you on the DP and if so was the dessert included in the meal? In the unofficial guide to WDW it mentions that the dessert is the standard pineapple and carmel dip, but other desserts can be ordered for extra $$.

Thanks for the help.

Faith

Faith,

Since the change in menu at 'Ohanas, they now have a bread pudding w/ bananas foster sauce that is the standard dessert included w/ the DP. You can still order a different dessert, but you will pay OOP if you do. Trust me, this dessert, at least to me and some others, is TO DIE FOR. I really only like bananas fresh and out of the peel, but I could have eaten this whole dessert myself w/ no help from the family and gone back for more.

Have a good time.

Thanks for sharing your reviews, I enjoyed them. :stitch:

Janet,

Thanks for your help. The bread pudding/banana foster sounds delicious, can't wait to try it.

Faith

Hi we were there the same time as you. Couple of questions
We thought there was a lot of flies at Sunshine seasons, did you?
Is all the dining outside at the flame tree bbq, the menu looked good but it seemed to hot to eat outside?

Oh another bad review fot Sci Fi . We are eating there because the kids love the idea of the car tables. Has anyone had anything good ythere?? What should we avoid HELP!!!

jonkatony said:
Hi we were there the same time as you. Couple of questions
We thought there was a lot of flies at Sunshine seasons, did you?
Is all the dining outside at the flame tree bbq, the menu looked good but it seemed to hot to eat outside?

It was over 90 and humid when we ate at Flame Tree (both times), but the area is very shady. The first time we ate in the open next to the restaurant and near the end of the meal a bird flying by decided to drop me a present. Thankfully I had finished eating, because it hit the center of my tray.

We made sure that we sat under the covered area the second time.

There were no flies at Sunshine when we were there.

thanks for the review. We have reservations for Ohana in November that I wasn't sure about but now I am!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter