• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dining Reservation Finder

mgrz

Earning My Ears
I am about to rip all of my hairs out! Is there a tip to securing ADRs when you receive text notification from MD. I have received numerous notifications and have clicked AS SOON AS THEY COME THROUGH. And somehow they are still always gone. Please help! šŸ˜©

Someone said when they get a notification, they open up the app to book instead of clicking on the link. When you click on the link, you have to sign in and it costs you time. In the app, you are already signed in. Not sure if this holds true, but I just read someone else's advice for this.

I think that the reservation finders are only checking a few times an hour. So it they find an open ADR and send you a notification, the ADR might have already been available on Disney's site for 15 minutes (or more). So there could already be somebody in the process of booking it before you even get the notification.

Nope, thats just how it works.
Sometimes, I'm fast enough, or everyone else is slow enough, that I can get the ADR.
Othertimes, I miss it. Just happy to be notified so I have a chance.

Someone said when they get a notification, they open up the app to book instead of clicking on the link. When you click on the link, you have to sign in and it costs you time. In the app, you are already signed in. Not sure if this holds true, but I just read someone else's advice for this.
Yep, this is what I do and itā€™s definitely faster!

Keep at it. Try using the app instead. I can attest to the fact that's just how it is sometimes. I've "missed" plenty, but I've also gotten plenty. Those 2am ones are usually the "scores" for me.

What is MD and how do you get on this list for notifications for a ADR you want?

ADRs currently are really tough. For every reservation finder you put in, there's probably a bunch of folks that also have it set up for the same restaurant and time. When a slot opens up, assume that several others are getting the same notification. It's really just luck now.

I got a TP reservation finder text on Sunday. I went into the app immediately (was on my phone when the text came through) and it wasnā€™t there. Went to the website in my browser, searched ā€œbreakfastā€ and ā€œ10:30ā€ on the general ā€œbook diningā€ search and it still didnā€™t come up. Thought I might have missed it. Before giving up though, I went to the specific page for that restaurant. Again searched ā€œbreakfastā€ on my date and nothing. Tried ā€œ10:30ā€ and it finally came up! So I think sometimes the pages and app arenā€™t necessarily pulling all of the correct data for some reason, so if it happens again, maybe try that method.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter