Dining reservation help

yenanh00

Mouseketeer
I'm on the free dining which mean I have 7 table service dining. I dont park hopper though. I was wondering does every restaurant need a theme park ticket that day to get into the restaurant? Example: the Cinderella Royal Table you need MK ticket that day to get in

I'm having hard time reserving since a lot of the place I want to go to is book already. Then there two table service restaurant that is in the park that I want to eat at. I wont have a problem with eating at quick serve restaurant because there are so many out there that I want to eat which I probably have to pay for after I'm done using up all my QS dining. Is there more restaurant listed for TS dining than what is listed on the brochure?

MK - I already reserve the CRT which is fine.
Epcot - I want to reserve Le Cellier, but I have reservation for Coral Reef since Le cellier are booked on ever single day that I'm there.
AK- I want to reserve - Yak & Yeti other than that I dont have a clue
HS _ i have no idea what to reserve.

Do you have any recommendation for TS restaurant?

I'm on the free dining which mean I have 7 table service dining. I dont park hopper though. I was wondering does every restaurant need a theme park ticket that day to get into the restaurant? Example: the Cinderella Royal Table you need MK ticket that day to get in

I'm having hard time reserving since a lot of the place I want to go to is book already. Then there two table service restaurant that is in the park that I want to eat at. I wont have a problem with eating at quick serve restaurant because there are so many out there that I want to eat which I probably have to pay for after I'm done using up all my QS dining. Is there more restaurant listed for TS dining than what is listed on the brochure?

Epcot - I want to reserve Le Cellier, but I have reservation for Coral Reef since Le cellier are booked on ever single day that I'm there.

You do need a theme park ticket to dine in the parks, so you want to make reservations at the park you'll be in that day. You can also make reservations at the resorts without park tickets.

As far as recommendations - we haven't been yet, so I can't help there. I just looked over menus and reserved at places that looked good to us. Have a good trip!

Yes, as the poster before me mentioned, you will need a park ticket to dine at all locations that are in one of the parks. The only exception to this is Rainforest Cafe in Animal Kingdom, since they are technically right outside the park (they aren't on the dining plan though).

Since you're going for Free Dining, the restaurants will be busy. You're also beyond the 180day booking window by quite a bit. This will make those higher demand locations a bit more difficult.

However, if you remain flexible for them and keep trying, you are more than likely to get them at some time during your trip. Just don't give up and check online a couple times a day.

As far as I know, all of the restaurants that participate in the dining plan this year are in the brochure.

I don't know what your party make up is like, nor do I know how many days you're planning for each park, but some general recommendations (note that most of these I'm repeating from others, looking back, we did most of our dining in resorts last year):

MK - You said you're all set here, so I will leave this alone. We did like the Crystal Palace (dinner) last year. The breakfast there also gets a lot of good reviews.

Epcot - If you have little girls in your group, Akershus breakfast is really good. It's a princess character breakfast, though, with CRT in the same trip, the princesses may not be that big of a draw. Other options include Cape May Buffet for dinner if you like seafood (at BC, right outside of Epcot).

AK - Tusker House breakfast is another that gets strong reviews. It's another classic character breakfast. Alternatively, Boma or Sanaa at Animal Kingdom Lodge would also work for dinner. (Bus there from AK, eat, then bus to a different park or DTD to pick up the bus back to your resort, assuming you aren't driving).

HS - If you have little ones (toddler aged or so), the Breakfast or Lunch at Hollywood & Vine has some Playhouse Disney characters. The food there was mediocre when we went last year for lunch though. Alternatively, Sci-Fi gets decent reviews for Lunch, and 50s Prime Time tends to get good reviews as well. Any of the BC/YC/Boardwalk restaurants would also work here, as they are a quick(ish) boat ride or walk from DHS.

Who's in your family and are they more into the Disney feel (CP, CRT, Hoop Dee Do) or are they into really good food (LC)?

Whispering Canyon Cafe - Wilderness Lodge - good for a Magic Kingdom day

Kone Cafe - Polynesian - good for a Magic Kingdom day

Teppan Edo - Epcot

50's Primetime - DHS

We always book Yak & Yeti at least twice a trip at DAK. Yes, we like it that much! :thumbsup2

Hi,
Yes, if you want to eat in a park, you need a ticket to get in.

Try the resort restaurants. Honestly, there are some very good restaurants at the resorts, and it's a nice break from the parks and a great way to check out the other resorts.

We try to eat at a resort near the park were are in to save time, but it's easy to get to any resort from a park. Just exit the park, and ride the transportation to that resort. (You can go out and re-enter the same park each day.)

Read menus at this site, click on "Dining" above or check out the allears site.

In or near MK, (just hop on the monorail) we like...

Crystal Palace - character breakfast, in MK
Chef Mickey's - character breakfast @ the Contemporary.
Kona @ the Poly.
'Ohana @ the Poly.
1900 Park Fare @ the Grand Floridian.
California Grill @ the Contemporary. (2 credits)
Grand Floridian Cafe @ GF.

In or near the Studios, (exit park and take the boat) we like...

Cape May Buffet @ Beach Club.
Mama Melrose in the Studios.
Captain Grill @ Yacht Club.
Beaches & Cream @ Beach Club.
Flying Fish Cafe on Boardwalk, (can't remember if this accepts the DP or if it is 2 credits.)

* All of the above restaurants are easy to get to from Epcot, too... hop Monorail from Epcot to the monorail resorts, or walk from Epcot to the Epcot resort restaurants, although Epcot has so many good restaurants, we never do this. (Just mentioning it because you said you are having a hard time with availability.)

In or near AK...
Boma @ AKL.
Yak & Yeti in AK.

Also try the Downtown Disney restaurants, (we usually do this on AK days when the park closes really early.

Who's in your family and are they more into the Disney feel (CP, CRT, Hoop Dee Do) or are they into really good food (LC)?

So it will be me, DH, little brother (13), my kids (6,3,2). We are all into good food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter