Dining Reservations - Can't Book

jf256

Mouseketeer
My dining reservations opened up today.

I can't book anything after the 26th (which is 60 day window).

Its driving me nuts. I was able to call and get everything i wanted but i am stuck with some not so great times that I can't even modify - even if there is avaialbility. I have 3 split stays so going through this two more times when i'm back working is not going to be possible.

Spoke to someone on the phone they raised a ticket - never got a response.

Apparently its an international problem - as per the person on the chat function on the app - but we should be able to use the app to book in the uk right?

I've tried using a vpn and logging into the UK Site - still comes up with an error.

So far the answer from disney has been uninstall the app (not worked and would never work if it doesnt work on the computer.. that much is obvious)

I'm getting over a really bad flu and i'm not in the best mental state and trying not to blow this out of proportion and let it bring me down but unfortunately it is.

I initially posted in the restaurant section but if it is a uk problem then i thought people here might be better placed?

Sorry for such a late reply but have you tried using the website rather than the app? I struggled on the app but got them through the website. The "its an international" issue is common answer for any problems as they just assume that's the issue rather than actually checking anything.

Sorry for such a late reply but have you tried using the website rather than the app? I struggled on the app but got them through the website. The "its an international" issue is common answer for any problems as they just assume that's the issue rather than actually checking anything.
Thanks for replying :)
I tried the following with no luck:
The app on my account
The app on my partners account
The website on explore, chrome on my account
The website on explore, chrome on my partners account
The website using a VPN and logging in as if i was in Washington.

Literally nothing worked. Got a generic email back saying - clear your cookies etc. Still didn't work.
Lets see how it goes today as its my second ADR day but I am staying at the swan.

I had the flu at the time so last thing I wanted to do was speak to someone one the phone - who was honestly really abrupt and rude about it (1st person, 2nd was lovely). I understand i'd be pissed off if i had to work 27th December too but how is it my fault that the system didnt work.

They also never put any of my allergy info in.. that i requested. The only one i'm concerned about is the dessert party as I have an egg allergy so need the vegan options so will call them later and deal with that.

And finally my hotel booking at hilton seems to have totally disappeared off the face of the earth.
I think even if we really love this trip my OH will be adamant we will not be returning for a while - he is very confused as to why everything has to be so bloody complicated.

On the other hand - my universal days i've booked everything i needed via 3rd party bookings and universal no hassle at all.

I have never been able to use the app to book, have you looked on the main dining thread to see if others are having issues with the website?

I did ask and it didn't seem like there was a problem. Had no issues using the app for my 2020 cancelled trip. But never mind. I called in and have most things now but can't get a california grill for our AH or Extra Magic Hour Dates other than 9.45. I will keep looking but i'm thinking maybe citricos instead.

I think the problem is a bad security patch Disney put in at some point. It only allows referals for certain APIs to come from certain Disney domains. The problem is that they also geo-lock which domains you use outside the US. So instead of a request coming from disneyworld.disney.go.com, for example, it'll come from www.disneyworld.co.uk or whatever, and get blocked. It's just speculation. I haven't broken out packet sniffers to see exactly where the communications halt.

From the UK, the only way I can reliably make and modify My Disney Experience reservations is to first use a VPN (technically I use a SOCKS5 proxy, but it amounts to the same thing), and second to use Incognito/private browsing mode. Without this second step (or nuking all your Disney cookies), it's still routed through the foreign url so looks like an invalid request.

We're coming up on our 60 day window for our (first ever!!) WDW trip too, wondering what the best method to use would be. Have heard mixed results with the website and the app!

I don't know what the issue was for me but I could see the availability but it wouldn't let me book it online. Dont know if it was my split stays confusing things. But I found calling to be the best approach - unfortunately you do have to wait an hour for that but they will book everything at once for you.

App works best for me when it is 60. But nothing worked at 60+1-5 for any of my stays.

The not being able to complete the booking may have been a credit card issue. I had issues last year, changed credit card and then it worked fine

The not being able to complete the booking may have been a credit card issue. I had issues last year, changed credit card and then it worked fine

I doubt it because I was able to book at 60 days out no problems. I think the system is just rubbish..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter