Dining reservations for 9?

Dr.Mrs.ScroogeMcDuck

Mouseketeer
I need help! I am meeting up with family in Disneyland, & I need to make reservations for 6 adults, 2 children, & 1 infant. The website say to include infants, so 9 people. There doesn't seem to be much available for a party of that size. Any advice or suggestions for getting reservations for 9?

I need help! I am meeting up with family in Disneyland, & I need to make reservations for 6 adults, 2 children, & 1 infant. The website say to include infants, so 9 people. There doesn't seem to be much available for a party of that size. Any advice or suggestions for getting reservations for 9?
Try searching for parties of 10.

When are you going? Large party reservations are usually gone soon after they release on the 60 day mark.

Would you consider any of the DtD restaurants?

The workaround I've seen mentioned on these forums in the past is to book two separate dining reservations and to then ask to be seated near each other when you check-in. There is always the chance they may be unable to accommodate this request, so you have to be prepared for the possibility you may not have tables near each other.
^This. Have done this many times and they have always accommodated us. We go early, ask if we can be seated together and also say we are willing to wait longer to be seated together as well. Hope that works out for you!

Yup...it is obnoxious but 2 different reservations at the same time on different accounts then we typically stop by the check in earlier in the day asking to combine...only time that was an issue is when we sprung that on them at arrival and they gave us 2 tables near by but could not pull together a larger table.

We've done large groups on two trips now, one of nine and the other ten. We make two reservations and go about 20-30 minutes early and let them know we are actually a big party. If it's close we'll stop by really early in the day to let them know. It works every time, I'm sure they know that it's impossible to get large reservations even 60 days out so they are used to it.

The workaround I've seen mentioned on these forums in the past is to book two separate dining reservations and to then ask to be seated near each other when you check-in. There is always the chance they may be unable to accommodate this request, so you have to be prepared for the possibility you may not have tables near each other.
I would need two accounts for this, correct?

Also depends on where you are trying to reserve a table as well. Inside the parks your options will be limited and you can try the workaround with multiple reservations, but there's a good chance that you'd be split up anyway.

Your best bet is probably at one of the DTD restaurants or Napa Rose at GCH. Most of the DTD restaurants have their own internal reservation system that can accommodate you if you call.

Your best bet is probably at one of the DTD restaurants ...Most of the DTD restaurants have their own internal reservation system that can accommodate you if you call.

They used to but that has changed...we used that hack all the time to call direct for larger parties but now they just push you to book through Disney...but once you book split reservations you can call direct and have them combine well ahead of time...that is what we had to do for last reservation of 10 at Jazz Kitchen...they would no longer let us make a reservation direct but had no problem seating us together once we booked and called back to combine reservations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter