dining review 11/27-12-01

tessie28

Mouseketeer
hello! this is my very first review! I loved reading here before my trip, and was dying to share how I did with you, too!

So here goes!

Epcot

lunch at le Cellier

Hindsite being 20/20 I would have ordered STEAK duh....but it was lunch, and it was early and I was trying to be conservative...suffice to say, the entree salads there are VERY pedestrian, LOL. The famous cheddar cheese soup was delicious, the cheese potato, bacon and beer, all making the proper notes.

our server was very nice, and happily explained the signifigance each bread had to its region of Canada. the pretzel bread was as promised, delicious! the creme brulee was to die for! perhaps the portion was not enough though-but then I did share my dessert with the hubbie!

the atmosphere was very romantic, castlelike and candlelit, I can see where some may find it crowded, but I didn't feel impeded by that at all.

had to try some Skoolbread in norway...mmmm...giant bready donut full of creme!!!!!

Animal Kingdom, and the Lodge

flame Tree Barbecue.

very dry turkey sandwich. pulled pork sandwich was good. The half barbecued chicken was good, though the 11 year old in the party disliked the smoky barbecue flavor. liked the beans, and the onion rings were very good while they were hot.

Boma

Very much looking forward to this experience, it didn't dissapoint, but I was not happy with alot of the meat choices, I am a rare meat eater, which is admittedly hard to do on a buffet. The childrens section was well done, even the pickiest child will not go hungry at boma. I must comment on the Zebra Domes. Of course after reading about them here, they were a must do! The kids adored them, but I honestly was more enamored with the coconut cake and the milk pudding ***ducks tomatoes****

service was excellent, and it was fun to visit with the animals while waiting for the buzzer to buzz.

MGM

ABC Commisary

the cuban is a really good choice here. well done sandwich. one of us got the full size with those plaintain chips-I didn't think they were so bad, but then I LIKE vegie chips, and a sprinkle of salt does go a long way! another of us, got the half with the bean salad, very fresh tasting, but will require breath mints due to the abundance of red onion.

I must make a note here about the kids meal controversy, rather thna order the "icky' chicken finger meal, often we just ordered a fruit bowl and a side of fries, which made for a satisfying lunch for picky 9 and 10 year olds, and it was ony pennies more than the kids plate total.

wilderness lodge

Whispering Canyon Cafe

Also a must do, from what I read here, and we LOVED it!

We of course did the bottomless milkshakes and the skillet. the skillet was great, except I hated the beans, they may have been authentic cowboy pork and beans but they were bleh...anyhoo, we skipped dessert as bottomless milkshakes were MORE than enough LOL.

the antics in this place were a hoot! our server did the ketchup thing with the kids, and by the end of the evening, even the "cool" 14 year old was delivering ketchup to the poor guy who was put in "jail" for stealing it!

If you have kids and/or a sense of humour you will have fun here!

Contemporary Resort

Chef Mickeys

you don't come here for the food LOL I honestly did not eat much here after the cold salad part of the buffet, not much appealed and i was having to much fun snapping pictures and watching. the character interaction here is EXCELLENT, and if your kids are into the charactors to meet or get autographs this IS the place to be! The kids had a blast and even the servers were fun, it was well worth the cost! oh and the dessert part of the buffet was delish, good choices, cute little oreo cookie domes shaped like mickey heads so cute, and a sundae bar for the kids! (can you tell I like dessert!)

Thank yo ufor reading my very first review! :wizard:

Thanks for taking the time to post your review. I enjoyed reading it. :tinker:

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

thank you all so much, it is such a pleasure coming here, I couldn't wait to share my experience too! :sunny:

Thanks for your reviews. I agree about Chef Mickey's - It definately isn't about the food, lol. I don't eat much there either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter