Dining Reviews 12/9- 12/12

kelscross

DIS Veteran
Took a quick trip to the world with just my mother and I. Left the kids at home this time so we could do the holidays around the world.

Sat: Ate at ESPN (we stayed at the Boardwalk) when we arrived. There was no wait as we had a very early flight. There were two lines apparently and we asked the hostess which was which. She explained that one line was showing the Duke game and the other side of the restaurant was showing the Kentucky game. We chose the Kentucky side...go cats!! However, they were not showing the Kentucky game on that side afterall until several of the diners said something. We did have them turn our little TV on to the Kentucky game. The food was good. I got the Hero Hotdog and my mother got the pulled pork. The portions were super big, and the service was good. We had the apple pie for dessert, terrific!

Sat night: Sci Fi....TERRIBLE!!! Our ADR was at 7:50. We arrived and didn't wait long. I had been in this restaurant before as a walk in two years ago and didn't get to sit in one of the cars so that was pretty cool. Our server David was excellent, but the food was awful!!! My mother's ribs were hard as a rock and I had the bbq chicken sandwich which didn't have an ounce of bbq sauce on it and only two slivers of the onion straws. I had this sandwich before and loved it so I was disappointed. We sent our meals back and asked for fresh food, not overdone, sitting under the warming lights forever food. Come to find out the folks sitting in the car next to us sent their food back several times.

Sun: Alfredo's late lunch for the CP. The wait was long, even with an ADR, but the food was great as it always has been for us.

Mon: Grabbed lunch at Peco's Bill's in MK. Adequate, however the prices have went up and the portion size have went down. ADR for Ohana..always a favorite. The food was good but the service was AWFUL!!! The wait was very long even with the ADR. While we were waiting we ordered a fruit and cheese tray. When it was brought I couldn't believe that they call this a fruit and cheese plate. It did have alot of cheese, but it only had one....I said a single strawberry cut into fourths, two slices of what I think was a pear and a handful of grapes. When we got to our table it took the server 15 minutes to even acknowledge that we were sitting there. No drink order or anything, which we didn't press because we still had our sodas from waiting. The salad and wonton chips came out and then it was another 45 minutes until we saw our server again and did not get any other course of the meal! They didn't come around with the meats or anything!! When the server reappeared after the 45 minutes I asked her when we were going to get our side dishes and main course she apologized about the mix up, she thought we had been getting served by her assistant the whole time. She sent a manager over and he comped the entire meal.

Tues: Mama Melroses'..we didn't have an ADR, just on walk in. The restaurant was good. I have to say that I liked the Chicken Parm here better than Alfredos. The service was adequate.

We were not on the dining plan but every time we went to eat somewhere we were asked about that up front. Maybe it is just coincidence but since the popularity of the dining plan and in some instances Disney offering the Dining Plan free as an incentive, there has been a decline in the quality of food. You get nothing for free, someone is paying for it somewhere along the line. The prices have went up and the portions have went down along with the quality. Before this trip I have never had to send my food back at Disney, if I didn't like something it was for my own personal reason, not because of the quality or service. I hope this isn't an indicator of a continued downward trend.

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

Thanks for sharing your reviews. Sorry you had a couple of negative experiences. :guilty:

Thanks for the reviews. I agree that Sci-Fi has horrible food. I hate it that we wasted a TS credit there. Never again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter