Dining reviews from 11/12-11/17-Sort Of

jbthi

DIS Veteran
We just returned home from Fl. yesterday and I got so much help on these boards with where I wanted to eat. I saved all my receipts and was going to do an in depth report. I can't find any of them!

Where we ate and the highlights were Alfredo's the first night. My DH got the fettucini appetizer and I loved it. The texture of the pasta was so good. I got the calamari I had heard so much about and thought it was just OK. I got the lamb dish and didn't care too much for it.

Second night was spoodles. I got the shrimp for apptetizer and DH got the 4 cheese flatbread. They were both good. I got the filet mignon and didn't care for it. It was cooked over oakwood and it tasted so strong with mesquite. I think DH got fish and thought it was just okay.

Third night was Le Cellier. Good as always. We both got the filet mignon.

Fourth night was Kona. I got steak and though it was good.

Fifth night was Coral Reef. Oh my gosh! This was the best meal and service we had all week. I had the crab claw for appetizer. So good. I had the strip steak for entree and it was by far the best steak I had all week. Just plain great steak, very tender, no sauces or anything to distract from it. My DH has some type of fish that he thought was good but liked mine better. We had a great table right in front of the fish tank, no one bothered us. Waitress was very attentive. I like the fact that they automatically bring you Perrier water to drink.

I thought the DP was well worth the money but it was way too much food. We wasted most of our counter service meals. We gave 3 away and used the other 2 to get a bottle of water and danish at the Boardwalk bakery.

WE stopped by DW again on our way home from southern Florida and ate at the Garden Grill. This has always been a favorite but something was off that night. The hostesses, waiters, and characters were all having some kind of problem and were in bad moods. A couple of them were arguing. WE heard an employee tell someone probably a manager that things were going smooth now. The characters didn't spend much time at the tables and they were constantly looking around as if they were looking for someone. Food was so-so. This was one Dec. 5 if anyone else experienced it.

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

Thanks for the reviews. I'm glad you enjoyed Coral Reef. I'm looking forward to trying it, but it does get some mixed reviews on the board. :fish:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter