Dining Reviews

dznyntnh

DIS Veteran
Just returned from a wonderful week at wdw and wanted to take a moment to share my experiences at some of the Disney eateries I visited.

With the exception of one meal, I dined alone (as this was a solo trip) and I found the service at all of the Disney restarants was fantastic. I've always found it good, but this trip everywhere I went it was something special. I don't know if they just paid more attention to me because I was alone, but it was really nice.

Here are my highlights:

Shula's: I started my trip with a dinner here on my first night and it was amazing. I had a filet mignon that would melt in your mouth and an apple cobbler that was great. The service was fantastic. This is a MUST on my visits now.

Artist's Pointe: This was actually not my first choice for dining that evening, but I had a friend come to spend the night and since it was rather late we chose to eat here (as I was staying at WL). The service was very good (the waiter kept bringing us drink refills even when our glasses were half full, my bladder was cursing him later that evening :p ). We both had the pork chops. (Very good and the mac & cheese they serve with it has a very pleasant flavor. Still not one of my favorites, but a great stand-by.

Alfredo's: No matter what I say, it will not change anyone's opinion. I had a great meal as usual. Service was very good and the fettucine was great as usual. Still my favorite Epcot eatery.

Yachtsmans Steakhouse: Very pleasant restarant. Had I not started the trip with Shula's, this place would have rated higher, but it just could not compete. The filet was very good and the service was excellant (my waiter was from Miami and I had my NE Patriots shirt on, so he kept wanting to discuss out teams, and the fact that mine had just beat his :p , but it was a fun conversation).

California Grill: Overall, places strong second to Shula's, but service wise this was the BEST!! My waitress was one of those who left you alone when you wanted but was always there when you needed her. Some might think the service was slow, but I felt it was more 'paced' they are in no rush to get you out, which was nice. I finished a few minutes before the fireworks and the waitress made sure to hold off on giving me my bill and telling me to take my time and enjoy the show. I didn't really have high expectations for this place, but they definitely won me over.

Reviews and I enjoyed reading them,well written with good detail.Thanks for sharing::yes:: :wave2:

Enjoyed the reviews! We have eaten at Alfredo's every trip and have always received wonderful food & service!!

Did you dine solo at the California Grille? Any tips for a solo diner there?

Originally posted by Simba's Mom
Did you dine solo at the California Grille? Any tips for a solo diner there?

I did dine solo at Cali Grill. They have several counters set up at the open kitchens for single diners and they offered me a seat there, but I prefer a table and I got one with a perfect view of MK, GF and the Poly.

What I enjoyed about CG was they did not even try to hurry you, it was very laid back (kinda Californian ;) ).

But if you like the idea of being able to talk to the chefs while they are cooking, then go for the counters. The people sitting there seemed to be enjoying themselves.

I will say, I was somewhat concerned about how I would be treated at many of these places as a single diner. But, I have no fears now. The service was great everywhere!!

I'm already planning my next solo trip for May. Shula's is at the top of my list to revisit, but CG is a close second on my list.

Thanks for your reviews. My DH dines solo at WDW about every 5-6 weeks. He is usually in Orlando for 4 days at a time on business and likes to eat at the WDW restaurants. I will have to tell him that you enjoyed solo dining at Shula's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter