Dining Rotation Question - Animator's Palate on 5 Night (Dream)

norascheibe

Earning My Ears
Hi Castaways!

I am hoping you can help me out with a question I have. I am going on a 5-Night Western Caribbean Cruise From Fort Lauderdale on the Disney Dream next year and am looking at dining rotations. My options are:
RP, AP, EG, RP, AP
AP, EG, RP, AP, EG
EG, RP, AP, EG, RP

I am leaning towards the first rotation but that would put us at Animator's Palate for Pirate Night. I know that we will get the Pirate Night menu on Night 2 and the regular Animator's Palate menu on Night 5. Can anyone who has been in this situation confirm that we will still get Crush on night 2 and the Animation Magic (with the little hand drawn characters) on Night 5? I saw something about the screens changing for Pirate Night to be different and want to make sure we're not missing out on anything.

Thanks so much for any help!!

While someone has recently mentioned doing the Animation Magic show on a shorter cruise, historically, Animation Magic has not been offered on cruises where all guests cannot enjoy it. Since it takes 6 nights or more for this to happen, it was usually not offered on 5-nights cruises.

The only caveat I can add is that - maybe - they changed to order of the shows and moved it to the first AP visit, but I haven't seen any confirmation of that.

Hi Castaways!

I am hoping you can help me out with a question I have. I am going on a 5-Night Western Caribbean Cruise From Fort Lauderdale on the Disney Dream next year and am looking at dining rotations. My options are:
RP, AP, EG, RP, AP
AP, EG, RP, AP, EG
EG, RP, AP, EG, RP

I am leaning towards the first rotation but that would put us at Animator's Palate for Pirate Night. I know that we will get the Pirate Night menu on Night 2 and the regular Animator's Palate menu on Night 5. Can anyone who has been in this situation confirm that we will still get Crush on night 2 and the Animation Magic (with the little hand drawn characters) on Night 5? I saw something about the screens changing for Pirate Night to be different and want to make sure we're not missing out on anything.

Thanks so much for any help!!
If you are in Animator's Palate for Pirate Night, then you would not get the 'usual' entertainment that night (same for Pirate Night on any ship). So, if you are in Animator's Palate twice, the first night would be Crush and the second would be Pirate Night.

FWIW, I like being in Animator's Palate on Pirate Night, because they put up shots from pirate movies/etc, throughout the night.

We are doing the Marvel Day at Sea cruise on Dream in March with the 5 night Western out of Fort Lauderdale and have the same question. Anyone know when Pirate night would be? (Still not sure how to find that out and this is our 5th cruise lol). We love AP so would want that 2x but not sure which other one we would prefer 2x v one only once. Any input appreciated! (And not sure if Marvel day has same menu at each). Thanks in advance

We are doing the Marvel Day at Sea cruise on Dream in March with the 5 night Western out of Fort Lauderdale and have the same question. Anyone know when Pirate night would be? (Still not sure how to find that out and this is our 5th cruise lol). We love AP so would want that 2x but not sure which other one we would prefer 2x v one only once. Any input appreciated! (And not sure if Marvel day has same menu at each). Thanks in advance
Also curious about the MDAS on the Western route. My children love being able to animate their own characters and were so sad when it wasn't offered on our 3 night Magic sailing this fall. I need to prepare them in advance if they won't be doing it on the Dream for the MDAS sailing.

Once activities booking you can look at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique to see what day is offering pirate makeovers. If it's before that you can reach out to DCL and they should be able to tell you.

Last edited:

I'm looking at a Marvel 5-day Western Caribbean on the Dream. Which day did your Pirate's Night fall on? And did they do the drawing animations in AP?

While someone has recently mentioned doing the Animation Magic show on a shorter cruise, historically, Animation Magic has not been offered on cruises where all guests cannot enjoy it. Since it takes 6 nights or more for this to happen, it was usually not offered on 5-nights cruises.

I was going to say exactly this. I don't really see how they would do it if they couldn't do it for everyone. That being said, I'm kind of over Crush and wish they'd change to Animation Magic as the primary show and save Crush for longer sailings.

I'm looking at a Marvel 5-day Western Caribbean on the Dream. Which day did your Pirate's Night fall on? And did they do the drawing animations in AP?
We did Grand Cayman and CC on ours so not sure if it is the same with Cozumel itinerary but Pirate night was night 3 for us (day we were in GC). No drawing animations in AP.

Daily schedules (“Personal Navigators” on DCL) from Nov, Dec, Jan show Pirate Night as Day 3 on a 5- night cruise from PE. Until you can see when Bibbidy Bobbidy Boutique is offering Pirate make-overs to verify, I would tentatively plan on that being the night.

The only deviation was on the Christmas Day cruise.

Just on the 5 night Dream— you’ll get Crush. There’s no animation night for anyone at Animator’s.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter