Dining window opens but Park Hours not posted

ParrotBill

Yo ho, yo ho, a parrot's life for me
So it appears my dining window will open Wednesday and park hours will not be posted for the days of my trip other than the very first day. So I will use the week prior to my trip to guess at park hours, adjusting for which parks have holiday parties on each day. Annoying since in winter season I want to use my park time to the fullest then go to dinner straight after park closing... and not leave a 1-2 hour gap unnecessarily.

Is this what everyone does for planning dinner?

So if your dining window opens next Wednesday, the first day of your trip is December 10 right? Hours are available now through December 16. But it's important to note that these are preliminary hours, and they will likely be extended for some parks as we get closer. That info probably won't be released until about 10-14 days (on average) before your trip.

I can only see hours through December 6 right now. Where do you see 16th?

I hate those late extensions, especially when the show time moves too. Have to cancel the dinner I wanted and take a second-tier choice.

@ParrotBill See link below. The 17th was just posted too. Epcot closing time won't be extended, so you can count on the 9:30pm time listed. Hollywood Studios closing time likely won't be extended; if anything, it's much more likely that opening will be at 8:30am instead of 9:00am. I would count on MK being extended to at least 10pm (maybe 11pm) on non-party days, but that would be too late for dinner at most restaurants anyway, so that shouldn't impact you. Obviously, closing times on MK party days are set in stone. Animal Kingdom is the only real wild card: they may stick with 7pm, but it may end up being 8pm.

Regardless, why don't you just make multiple dinner reservations at your top restaurant choices and then cancel the one(s) you don't need after finalized hours are released?

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/index.php/calendars/month/2023-12-01/

Last edited:

Especially when the show time moves too.
This is very unlikely to happen. Happily Ever After and Luminous will almost certainly remain as scheduled. Fantasmic is a bit more likely to change, but if anything, they usually just add a second show at a different time (still, it wouldn't hurt to make dinner reservations for a couple of different times). And then obviously that's not applicable to Animal Kingdom.

@ParrotBill See link below. The 17th was just posted too. Epcot closing time won't be extended, so you can count on the 9:30pm time listed. Hollywood Studios closing time likely won't be extended; if anything, it's much more likely that opening will be at 8:30am instead of 9:00am. I would count on MK being extended to at least 10pm (maybe 11pm) on non-party days, but that would be too late for dinner at most restaurants anyway, so that shouldn't impact you. Obviously, closing times on MK party days are set in stone. Animal Kingdom is the only real wild card: they may stick with 7pm, but it may end up being 8pm.

Regardless, why don't you just make multiple dinner reservations at your top restaurant choices and then cancel the one(s) you don't need after finalized hours are released?

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/index.php/calendars/month/2023-12-01/
Thanks for the link. The link from the main disney page shows only 1 or 5 days at a time and does not go that far into December! I hate making multiple reservations. I feel like I am breaking the system and depriving others of reservations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter