Dinner at Concourse Steak House - any recent diners?

Harambe

I miss Tapestry of Dreams!
How is it for dinner? Do you hear all the noise from Chef Mickey's? Not looking for a "magic" meal, just a great salad, steak, and dessert. The kids' menu looks like it would be perfect for DD and DS. And after dinner, they would love to check out the game room at the Contemporary.

Any opinions?

I've read mixed reviews of CS for dinner. Two different posters today mentioned that they each had to returnt heir steak three times until the kitchen cooked it right! Also, keep in mind that unlike other steakhouses all sides are extra: mushrooms, potatoes, everything.

That said, it's a relaxing place for lunch if you wanna get away from the MK for a couple of hours. My party lunched there in February. The burgers were the best in WDW.

Why dont you check out Citricos? It's the best restaurant in WDW, with service to match, and I ate a delicious NY strip steak last trip. If your heart is set on no-fuss meat, then chec kout the Yachtmen's Steakhouse or Shula's.

Check out the link below. It's one of the bad reviews:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=563189

Actually, I have Citrico's picked for DH's birthday dinner, since we are staying at the GF, but I'm not sure he will like it. And I don't know if the kids will find anything they will like. Of course, I'm dying to eat there!

But the Concourse is one other place we wanted to try, and it's on the monorail which will make it easy for us to get to. I guess I'm feeling guilty because it is DH's birthday (not mine) and he just likes to eat hunks of meat! LOL!

Anyone else have positive experiences.

Try it! Every restaurant has a bad night. If your heart is set on a certain place, then you should experience it yourself.

I didn't answer your question earlier about atmosphere: it's pretty hectic - imagine eating in the middle of Union Station. You have the din from Chef Mickey's, the whizz of the monorail overhead (your children will love that part), and sparrows flying around. I'm not kidding: since the Grand Canyon Concourse is open, birds come inside. During our lunch last February, we had a laugh over those damn sparrows.

It's the one restaurant that captures what people love and hate about the Contemporary.

Thanks sotoalf - I think DH would prefer it over Citrico. That's a hoot about the sparrows! LOL!

We have eaten at Chef Mickey's and didn't like it (food was only fair) because of the noise. But I think it will be cool to see the monorail go zipping by.

Harambe this has been a good "first night/we're tired/don't need a big deal meal" kind of place for us. It's not the best steak you've ever had, but you get the Disney effect with the monorail running through the hotel, and a decent meal. We have also found the servers to be friendly.:earsboy:

Originally posted by Micca
Harambe this has been a good "first night/we're tired/don't need a big deal meal" kind of place for us. It's not the best steak you've ever had, but you get the Disney effect with the monorail running through the hotel, and a decent meal. We have also found the servers to be friendly.:earsboy:

Harambe is absolutely correct! The servers are among the friendliest I've ecountvered at Disney - accomodating and gracious. It's a good first-night dinner, when you're tired and dont wanna leave the resort. And I should have mentioned in my other posts that CS serves a quieter, better breakfast than Chef Mickey's. Try the Sticky Mickeys!

When my family visits they want a good steak restaurant. If we can we go to Yachtsmans, but when we are trying to keep cost down we go to Concourse. Have eaten there too many times to count and have always received a good meal. We even recently tried breakfast.

The prime rib is the best as is the Cappicino dessert. Think you will like it, so keep your resv.

As for noise it really is not that bad. But if I find CM a little loud we just ask the hostess to seat us away from that area. Never had a problem with this.

Everytime I have eaten there, the side dishes were included with the meat. Always potaoes at least! I love it there, some of my fave meals at the WORLD ;)

We just had a meal there last week. Everyone enjoyed their meal. Steaks were cooked perfectly for us. Even my picky kids really liked this restaurant. We could hear the hoopla at times from Chef Mickey's, but it wasn't overpowering, and the monorail overhead was cool. Saw no sparrows though :) kids would have that was cool....

No complaints here....... And potatoes were included with the steaks, but not veggies. We had to order some on the side - just for Mom :) Dad and the boys don't eat their veggies on vacation :).

Thanks everyone! I really apprectiate the responses, and I am feeling better about going here for DH's birthday. Is September ever going to get here?!?!?!?!?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter