Dinner on arrival day

akayf

Mouseketeer
We were just planning on going to Disney Springs and grabbing dinner at Wolfgang Puck express but we are now thinking of hitting a resort restaurant. We are staying at the Boardwalk. We will have a car. I was thinking of maybe whispering canyon at WL? Or going to AKL. We have never stepped foot at either property.

We are going at the end of Aug so some ADRs may be difficult to get. We already have breakfast at Ohana, dinner at Yachtsmen steakhouse, and dinner st 1900 Park fare booked.

We have a Rainforest cafe at the mall so that's out.

Any suggestions?

Loved Sanaa, trying Boma for the first time this trip. Also liked Whispering Canyon. Never tried Chef Mickey for dinner, but friends swear by it.

Important info I forgot to include.....we have 2 boys(age 6 and 9). I want some place that will be interesting for them after a long car ride. The older one is more willing to try new food than the younger one but both are great eaters and eat more than usual kid meal stuff(you know hot dog, mac and cheese, nuggets, pizza) They both love grilled chicken and steak so I'm not worried about the kids menus.

If you are flying I suggest looking for an ADR AFTER you land, see what is available same day

We are driving. Taking 2 days to drive from NJ. We stop overnight in SC because DH refuses to drive straight through.

Both are beautiful resorts. I prefer the restaurants at AK over WCC at WL. However, after a long drive, do you really want to drive again to go out to eat? Personally, I would eat at Trattoria on the Boardwalk (to at a TS at an EP resort), have some Ample Hills ice cream and enjoy the entertainment on the Boardwalk. Or if an extra day's ticket isn't too costly, walk to WS and eat there.

I can't speak for WCC but I Love WL!! I also enjoy AKL. I say go to whichever resort appeals most to you or choose the menu that appeals more to you & your family. Either way, both are definitely worth checking out!

We make the 8 hour drive from SC every trip and we almost always do Epcot on arrival day. We stay at the Beach Club so it's nice to check-in, drop our luggage off and walk over to World Showcase. Our favorite Epcot restaurant is Spice Road Table, but it's kind of adventurous food wise and I'm not sure what they have for kids meals. Another option would be Garden Grill in the Land. The restaurant slowly spins around and the character interaction (Mickey, Pluto, Chip and Dale) is some of the best we've had.

We have a 9 hour drive from NC when we go...and this September we're staying at SSR. We should arrive around 3:30 and we'll need to do something for dinner so we will probably wait until we are in the car on the way there and peruse the app to see what reservations are available at Disney Springs.

Another vote for AKL... Sanaa, or Boma, or Jiko. Great food and wonderful experience... you can grab a peek at the animals before/after dinner!

My kids LOVE WCC, but I love Sanaa too. I feel like it depends whether you want a more relaxing meal (Sanaa) or a rowdy experience (WCC). Have fun!

If I were in this situation I'd take the opportunity to have dinner at Captain's Grille even at its temporary location at Ariel's in the Beach Club, since Captain's Grille is slated to close altogether at end of September, so this is a last chance to go there.

However, I've found that after the prolonged sitting involved in a travel day, I'm usually not very hungry on arrival night. If this is also true for you, then your original plan to get fast food on the arrival night makes sense. Boma is great for some other night, as I'd rather go on a day that I've worked up an appetite by walking a lot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter