Dinner Resurvations

BJW3

Anything can be fun if you try.
I will be at WDW in two weeks. I’m not a parent so I’m new to traveling in the parks with kids. I have a reservation for two people at Ohana for an 8:00 dinner and a 5:00 dinner on another night at Be Our Guest. It now looks like I might have the opportunity to take my 10 year old niece with us on a surprize trip.
I’m super excited about sharing a trip to Disney with her but how will this affect my dinner reservations?
Will I be able to get all three of us in or will I be forced to pass up these two dinners?

I will be at WDW in two weeks. I’m not a parent so I’m new to traveling in the parks with kids. I have a reservation for two people at Ohana for an 8:00 dinner and a 5:00 dinner on another night at Be Our Guest. It now looks like I might have the opportunity to take my 10 year old niece with us on a surprize trip.
I’m super excited about sharing a trip to Disney with her but how will this affect my dinner reservations?
Will I be able to get all three of us in or will I be forced to pass up these two dinners?

Be Our Guest reservations are very hard to get. What I would do is use the touring plans reservation finder. I've had good luck with that in the past. You have to be ready to jump on the link when it pops up because there are a lot of others wanting the same reservation. It's sometimes taken me two or three tries before I get the reservation.

Here's my 2 cents...
(We recently had a similar situation that involved BOG)
Try for an ADR for 4, not 3
IF you can't get one, show up to BOG with your niece with you. They did not turn us away, and I doubt they will you. However, prepare yourselves that they just might not seat you, and you would have to go to a CS place for dinner.
This was us, 2 weeks ago, and they seated us without issue.
I can't speak about Ohana, their tables are closer together and their table situation tighter.
But again, keep looking for 3 AND 4. I believe it's much easier to get than the odd number.
And sign up for Touring Plans. Keep your phone on, sometimes I've rec'd notifications at very odd times and you need to act FAST!
Good luck!

Last edited:

I'd keep all my options on the table:

Continue to call Disney Dining.
Check MDE regularly to change the amt of people.
Register for reservation finders from sites like touring plan.
Arrive at the podium and hope.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter