Dinner show at RPR

Kerlynne

DIS Veteran
Has anyone tried the Luau and Dinner Show, every Saturday night at the Wantilan Luau Pavilion, In RPR? I wanted to make ressie, but afraid it will be cheesy like at Disney Poly resorts Luau. And if anyone enjoyed it, do you know about the prices?

:bounce: 5 more days, till Universal! :Pinkbounc

When we were there in July there were signs announcing that the luau had been moved permanently indoors to one of the auditorium rooms. The price for adults was $49.95. We decided not to do it because of reviews on this board. People had talked of it being overpriced for what it was. If you want to see something along those lines for free, every night there is the torch lighting ceremony out by the pool (6:30 I think?) According to previous posts it was pretty neat to see. Unfortunately, we never managed to be there at that time to see it.

How much trouble is it to get luau reservations at the RPR? Since they only have it on Saturday nights, do they sell out quickly like some of the high demand WDW restaurants?

I don't know the answer to that one. I know you can reserve ahead of time like you do at WDW. We saw the area outside that they used to use for the luau........still had chairs and tables set up, but the auditorium area they advertised was inside the convention section somewhere and we never bothered to go in and see where that was. About 10 years ago we did the Poly. luau at WDW but I made the ressies at the same time we made the vacation plan. We enjoyed that, they took my son on stage with them because he was one of the "birthday kids". We had also heard from people that it wouldn't be worth doing....but we thought that one was neat. Another way to see some hula dancers, ukelele, etc. is to eat dinner at the Island Cafe. They had strolling entertainment there---you get a schedule when you check in. They were picking out diners as they strolled around and there were impromtu hula lessons going on. We thought that was fun! (and it didn't cost extra besides our reg. dinner!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter