Dinner was HOW MUCH?! Don’t tell your Dad!-A Princess Half Marathon Trip!-Newx2 11/21

Haha, it's so strange that you're "starting" your Disney day after having already done SO MUCH!!!

So nice to have a great CM encounter right at the beginning. It really helps set the tone for the day I think.

Great shot of the lion. So funny too that every time I see photos of him now he always has some serious bed head! Maybe that's why he's often so hard to spot. He's always hiding the bed head.

AWESOME HIPPO!!!!! I had that happen just once, and it makes all the difference in the world. SO COOL!!!!! The only downside is the chaos it creates with everyone jockeying for position. :(

BAHAHAHA, I swear the lady behind you on Everest is in a classic "Save Me Jesus!" pose.

Also... RACE MEDAL ON EVEREST!!!! NICE!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup2

Great safar pics! And I love this hippo pics, really need to check out that trail next time!

Haha great Dinosaur pic!

Love all the PP pics too :)

I am loving your report!! I'm hoping to do the GSC in 2015 so your report is so informative for how it all works.

I am looking forward to reading about the Princess Half! princess:

I love those giraffes! So cute!

15 rides on Everest?! What a champ!

Flights of Wonder is so underrated! We've seen it the past few trips and it's so much fun.

Going to start reading! I already subscribed! :] reading your OP I knew this was going to be a "wicked awesome" trip report because I am from Maine too! Woo hoo! I live in southern Maine. :] can't wait to read your trip report!

Welcome! pixiedust:

That is too funny, I'm in Southern Maine as well. Did Wednesday morning make you want to cry too :rotfl2:

Joining in!

Really enjoying your report. Your costumes are darling. Great job on them. The GSC is on my list of runDisney races I want to do one day. Love all your pictures.

Thank you and welcome! pixiedust:

The Glass Slipper Challenge was amazing! I want to do Marathon Weekend at some point but being apart of a women's focused event was so inspiring!

Well done on your race, your outfit was so cute :thumbsup2
Aww the PP photographer sounded such a sweetie
I LOVE your giraffe photos :goodvibes
The boy you sat with on EE sounded such a laugh!

Thank you so much, I'm so happy how it came out!

She was just the best, I loved her!

Omgosh he was hilarious. BEST single rider pair up ever haha

That's cute how the PP photographer made you "run" for the picture :rotfl:

Those hippo pictures are soooo cool!

I thought the family in the front of your Dinosaur ride were cute - looks like the kid is scared and they are trying to calm him down

Speaking of ride photos, on EE it looks like your new friend is trying to talk to you even during the ride photo!

Understandable that the Nemo musical doesn't bring back the same memories since there weren't really songs in the movie, they came up with new one for the shoe. And they got Robert Lopez and Kristen Andrrson-Lopez (thee of Frozen fame) to write the songs for it, so at least it has that going for it ;)

She's was such a sweetheart, I loved it!

Thanks, I've never seen one come up to the glass like that, it was awesome!

Haha yes they were adorable, shockingly he got off the ride like "no big deal" brave little guy!

I'm pretty sure he chatted the whole way down the drop, I screamed :rotfl2:

I do like the songs, it's just not the same I guess. I think I also may miss the dancing a bit, the puppets are phenomenal but it's just not the same.

WOW! I thought your lion pic was great until I saw your hippo pics!!!

Thank you! It was awesome having them come over to the glass!

Oh, I should probably not tell my DD15 about this report or she will be begging to do a Run Disney event. This looks like fun! I did see the Avengers run at Disneyland this fall and my DDs would be all over that, but it would be totally irresponsible to go to WDW this June, then go to DL in November during school and harvest time!

Awesome trip report!

Nonsense any time is good for Disney ;)

RunDisney does such a fantastic job with all of their events, if you get the opportunity definitely do one with her!

And thank you so much for reading along!

Loved reading your trip report! I've been thinking about signing up for this in 2015.

Thank you and welcome! pixiedust:

You should definitely sign up it's so much fun! I'm planning on doing this again in 2015 and my Mom's going to do the 10k!

Haha, it's so strange that you're "starting" your Disney day after having already done SO MUCH!!!

So nice to have a great CM encounter right at the beginning. It really helps set the tone for the day I think.

Great shot of the lion. So funny too that every time I see photos of him now he always has some serious bed head! Maybe that's why he's often so hard to spot. He's always hiding the bed head.

AWESOME HIPPO!!!!! I had that happen just once, and it makes all the difference in the world. SO COOL!!!!! The only downside is the chaos it creates with everyone jockeying for position. :(

BAHAHAHA, I swear the lady behind you on Everest is in a classic "Save Me Jesus!" pose.

Also... RACE MEDAL ON EVEREST!!!! NICE!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup2

Haha I know right? I'm tired just writing about it :rotfl2:

It definitely did, she was so precious and made me feel like the most awesome person ever for running a 10k, I loved it.

You might be right, he does get photographed quite a bit everyday, wouldn't want to be showing off that bedhead in all those pics!

Dealing with rude people or not the hippo was AWESOME, so lucky we were walking by at that time.

Haha I just noticed that but you are right she was not loving it.

Race medals got worn on everything, any bruises caused were completely worth it :rotfl:

Great safar pics! And I love this hippo pics, really need to check out that trail next time!

Haha great Dinosaur pic!

Love all the PP pics too :)

Thank you and I definitely recommend it. The gorillas alone are worth the time and they are always out.

Haha thank you, ugh that ride freaks me out.. still!

I am loving your report!! I'm hoping to do the GSC in 2015 so your report is so informative for how it all works.

I am looking forward to reading about the Princess Half! princess:

Aww thank you so much for reading along! pixiedust:

Princess will be coming up soon I promise!

I love those giraffes! So cute!

15 rides on Everest?! What a champ!

Flights of Wonder is so underrated! We've seen it the past few trips and it's so much fun.

Aww the giraffes are hands down my favorite!

I asked him twice if he really meant 15, I was so impressed. That kid was my hero.

I really enjoyed the show, it was great. Informative and corny what more could you want :rotfl2:

Dinner and Fantasmic!

After a quick rest back at the hotel it was time to head out to Epcot to get some dinner!

We stopped a took a couple photopass pictures on our way.

wdw201405347732920_zpsea5c3e4b.jpeg

Our destination was Italy because I was obviously looking to do some carb loading haha.

The Ziti Sisters were out when we reached the Italy pavilion, so we stopped and watched the end of their show.

Then finally we were onto dinner!

Tonight’s dinner destination was Via Napoli!

IMG_1555_zps7d05be26.jpg

I personally love to eat pizza before a long race, I have no idea why but it just seems to settle well with me so Via Napoli was perfect!

IMG_1551_zpsa2591637.jpg

We checked in and waited in the lobby for around 2 mins before we were called into to be seated.

IMG_1553_zps27b6810d.jpg

We were seated in the Main room in view of the ovens!

We both started off our meal with wine. Oh my gosh my Mom LOVED the moscato wine she chose, if the waiter had come back she would have gotten second glass which is very unlike her haha.

IMG_1554_zps001ecb6a.jpg

We split a pepperoni pizza for our meal, it was so delicious. If you like brick oven pizza eat at Via Napoli. They have the best pizza.

I even took the leftovers home and had them for lunch the next day.. perfection.

After dinner we had some decisions to make

IMG_1556_zpsc8701f27.jpg

We had dinner super early at like 4:30, so it was around 5:30 when we got out. We decided to try and make it over to DHS for the first showings of Fantasmic. We’d walked around WS the day before and we had seen everything we really wanted to see and we hadn’t seen Fantasmic in YEARS so off we went.

wdw201405347754671_zpsf755abe8.jpeg

We did stop for a picture before heading out the international gateway.

We stopped back in the room to drop of the leftovers and then grabbed the boat to DHS. It started to rain while we were waiting for the boat, we prayed it would hold off for the show!

We got to DHS just as the rain stopped, thank goodness!

It was around 30mins to showtime so we headed up towards the theater to get seats. They had started filling the theater but we were still managed to find seats right next to the reserved section for the dining package. We settled in for a wait and spent our time people watching.

It had quite obviously just rained and so many people came charging in and would sit down without wiping their seats off haha. We were cracking up. Disney is pretty magical but they can’t wipe down and entire theater when it rains 10mins before they have to start letting people in.

Anyway the show finally started about 5mins late, I guess the rain was going to hold off after all!

IMG_1557_zps92d6c833.jpg

IMG_1559_zps34983a85.jpg

I tried to take some decent photos but most of them came out pretty
terrible, like I’m not even really sure what they are of haha.

IMG_1564_zpsa6a76a4d.jpg

IMG_1566_zps00d07346.jpg

Overall I thought the show was alright, I’m not gonna lie Fantastmic is not my favorite. The water scenes seem a little outdated to me and I wish the show was more upbeat. It’s pretty “dark” most of the time until the very end. But I’m still really happy we took the time to see the show and I think it was a great way to get some nighttime entertainment in before the race. You can sit and it’s early.

After the show we saw the amount of people heading for the exits and we decided following them would just cause us to wait forever for a boat home so we went in search of one last attraction to complete for the day.

IMG_1568_zps6065584d.jpg

We ended up at the Great Movie Ride!

There was literally no line as it was 10mins to park close.

IMG_1569_zpse6e073f7.jpg

IMG_1571_zps0bdaf10b.jpg

IMG_1574_zps082c0141.jpg

IMG_1575_zps710991aa.jpg

We had a wonderful ride through the movies.

On our way out I’m pretty sure I had another Rice Krispe Treat, good pre-race food right? Haha

We took the boat back to the Boardwalk and we were in bed by 9pm. My Mom was joking that this was the most sleep she’s ever gotten at Disney. I’m telling you it was hard to go to bed so early when there was so much to do but 3am wake ups require it.

I’m going to leave off here for now. Next up is the main event the Princess Half Marathon!

the pizza definitely looks good - and large!

That's a great picture of you and your mom on the bridge by the international gateway!

Glad you got to see Fantasmic! We saw it for the first time our last trip and I adored it, but perhaps that is just cause it was the first time. I definitely could see wanting to update the water imagery though

I'd wish you good luck in your race, but it already happened ... and we saw you with multiple medals ... but good luck anyway!

Via Napoli's pizza is my favorite- we stayed in Naples for a month and only the Via Napoli pizza comes close to the deliciousness of authentic Napoli pizza :)

I never saw the Ziti Sisters. Now I guess I never will...

I've probably said it a thousand times, but I just can't make time for a sit down meal. HOWEVER, I will likely make an exception for Via Napoli. I need it.

GAHHHHH FANTASMIC WAS ONLY ALRIGHT!!!!????? Haha, just kidding. While I do adore it, I do also understand that parts of it can be a little long, particularly the water screens. But OH THAT FINALE!! Gets me every time.

Princess Half, woot woot! And also, I'm tired just thinking about it.

LOVE Via Napoli. That pizza is just out of this world. I was thinking of trying the sangria now that I'm 21 but that great review of the moscato may tempt me!

I like Fantasmic a lot but I do agree that they should update the water technology. Especially compared to World of Color, it's just not as impressive as it was.

Almost race time!

Great PP pics in Epcot!

Yum your dinner looks delicious!

I'm glad you made it to HS in time for Fantasmic and that the ran held off! And yay for a bonus ride at the end of the night :thumbsup2

Loving your TR, I think after reading your wonderful report I am all in for next years GSC. I had been on the fence but why not, it looks like so much Disney fun.

the pizza definitely looks good - and large!

That's a great picture of you and your mom on the bridge by the international gateway!

Glad you got to see Fantasmic! We saw it for the first time our last trip and I adored it, but perhaps that is just cause it was the first time. I definitely could see wanting to update the water imagery though

I'd wish you good luck in your race, but it already happened ... and we saw you with multiple medals ... but good luck anyway!

It was so good! And yes super big too we had like 3 slices left over.

Thank you, it was one of my favorites from the trip!

I think part of the problem was that it was windy and we sat a little too close, we got a mist shower during every water imagery scene, it made them hard to like haha.

Haha thank you!

Via Napoli's pizza is my favorite- we stayed in Naples for a month and only the Via Napoli pizza comes close to the deliciousness of authentic Napoli pizza :)

Wow Naples for a month must have been fabulous! Now you're making me think a trip to Naples might be worth it just for the pizza :flower3:

I never saw the Ziti Sisters. Now I guess I never will...

I've probably said it a thousand times, but I just can't make time for a sit down meal. HOWEVER, I will likely make an exception for Via Napoli. I need it.

GAHHHHH FANTASMIC WAS ONLY ALRIGHT!!!!????? Haha, just kidding. While I do adore it, I do also understand that parts of it can be a little long, particularly the water screens. But OH THAT FINALE!! Gets me every time.

Princess Half, woot woot! And also, I'm tired just thinking about it.

Ahhh I can't believe you never got a chance to see them. They were hilarious!

You should try Via Napoli, it was so tasty. And we were in and out in less than an hour, totally worth it.

Haha I thought you might say that when I was typing that update up! I'm glad we went to see it but I'm not sure in the future I'd go again if I had the opportunity to see Wishes instead.

Haha I find myself feeling tired just remembering this whole trip :rotfl2: SO worth it though!

Nice report ....

Thank you! pixiedust:

LOVE Via Napoli. That pizza is just out of this world. I was thinking of trying the sangria now that I'm 21 but that great review of the moscato may tempt me!

I like Fantasmic a lot but I do agree that they should update the water technology. Especially compared to World of Color, it's just not as impressive as it was.

Almost race time!

I love Via Napoli too, it's a must do now. I saw some Sangria floating around and it looked delicious! That's on my list of things to try there. I tried the moscato it was delicious but my Mom was so obsessed :rotfl2:

I think and update would serve that show so well. I'm glad we went but I don't know if I'd give up seeing Wishes or even Illuminations to see it again.

So excited to share the race!

Great PP pics in Epcot!

Yum your dinner looks delicious!

I'm glad you made it to HS in time for Fantasmic and that the ran held off! And yay for a bonus ride at the end of the night :thumbsup2

Thank you! I was so happy to see at least a couple photographers out!

It was so good, it was even good cold the next day haha.

So convenient being so close to HS, it worked out perfectly!

Loving your TR, I think after reading your wonderful report I am all in for next years GSC. I had been on the fence but why not, it looks like so much Disney fun.

You should definitely do it! It was so much fun, I loved it!

Is this Real Life?!

Alright guys it’s finally here! The main event of the trip, the Princess Half Marathon!

I awoke to another lovely 3am alarm. Ugh I was definitely feeling groggy this morning but I got up and got moving.

I transformed myself into royalty, ate my granola again and headed down to the bus stop. Apparently I was much louder this morning, oops, sorry Mom!

A bus was sitting there waiting for me, did I mention I was a Princess that day haha. We waited a few minutes for some stragglers and we were off to Epcot! I think I was on a bus by 3:35am.

We cruised straight through into the parking lot, no traffic! We were dropped off in the same location as we were for the 10k the day before.
I made my way through the same procedures as the previous day.
Bag Check

IMG_1576_zps4dfd394c.jpg

Walking through the information area

IMG_1577_zps57ca9c17.jpg

And then we were funneled into the reunion area. This was the same reunion area as the 10k.

The reunion area is the hub of everything. You can access the race retreat tents, bag check and vendors in this area.

IMG_1578_zps2aef16c0.jpg

The DJ was already out getting the crowd pumped up

IMG_1581_zps4ba1a004.jpg

I’m pretty sure it was Disney WWOS that had the vending trucks to the left of the DJ, maybe they were ESPN zone? I don’t remember. I went over there and grabbed a coffee. They had fruit, water, powerade, coffee and a few other things for sale. They even let you charge with your MagicBand!

I went and sat on the ground by the DJ and drank my coffee and took in the scene around me. Everyone was just hanging around waiting to be called down to the corrals. Again a lot of hurry up and waiting was going this morning.

There were no characters out but the lines were huge just to take pictures in front of the backdrops. They are cute backdrops but the lines were a lot shorter when I finished for the Princess Half ones. Granted you are a sweaty mess at the end but if you don’t feel like waiting before it’s an option!

Eventually they started calling for Corrals A-E to head down to the Starting area. I passed through the bag check tents and I stopped at the porta potties here, the line was kind of long but I had plenty of time. Oddly enough, I think there were less porta potties available for the Half then there was for the 10k. Maybe I just didn't see them all but I thought it was weird.

After that pit stop I joined the masses heading to the corrals.

The walk to the corrals is pretty long, I don’t think it’s quite a mile but it’s far. There was a lot of excitement in the area so it didn’t feel too long. The worst part for me about the walk was it seemed to build up the nerves more, even though this was my 4th half I was still a little nervous. My legs were definitely not fresh but the walk helped loosen them up.

Eventually we got to split off point to the corrals, A-L I wanna say was to the left M-P to the right.

IMG_1583_zps63d472e8.jpg

Why thank you Disney I plan to!

There was another set of porta potties down by the corrals but they were stuck up on the hill, a little sideways, umm no thank you. I almost think the lines were longer down there too.

I headed towards the corrals, it was still almost an hour til the start but I was tired and just wanted to sit haha.

IMG_1584_zps6a1531bc.jpg

This screen had something playing but I honestly have no idea what.

IMG_1585_zps7eb36c20.jpg

I made my way over to Corral D and settled in near the front of the corral.

IMG_1586_zps1697674a.jpg

I asked some fellow runners to take my picture since I had forgotten my bathroom selfie that morning.

IMG_1587_zps51fed936.jpg

IMG_1590_zps6f58642b.jpg

I wish Disney would put a few porta potties in each corral or at least closer to the corrals. It’s a pain being in there so long with no bathroom facilities. You had to have your bib checked each time you came and went from the corral so I didn’t want to bother heading out to use the restroom again. If that’s all I have to complain about, you go Disney haha.

The same hosts were back today but they were dressed in different outfits, I don’t remember who they were dressed up as. They were pretty entertaining and the time in the corrals passed quickly.

IMG_1593_zps50c7fe18.jpg

Soon enough the Fairy Godmother was out once again to start the race!

IMG_1600_zpsd95f971f.jpg

The Wheelchair Division and Corrals A-C went off ahead of us around 2 mins apart. The volunteers kept us moving towards the start.

IMG_1601_zpsfa239f66.jpg

Fairy Godmother!

The best part of Disney races are the fireworks they send each corral off with.

Here’s some pictures of Corral C’s

IMG_1603_zps219f4fde.jpg

IMG_1604_zps54b463a6.jpg

IMG_1606_zps82cdddac.jpg

And with that it was almost my turn!

IMG_1610_zps7c83bc7b.jpg

1962850_10201698679533599_1994553138_n_zps9eb93fb7.jpg

The Fairy Godmother counted us down again and we were off!

Stay Tuned!

Miles 1-5

I crossed the starting line and I could not believe I was finally running the Princess Half Marathon!

The first mile was honestly a blur, I was trying to get into a groove and kept being startled by the fireworks going off behind me :rotfl:

The first mile there was a high school marching band out playing which was really cool.

I stopped at the first bank of porta potties with no line, those long corral waits were killing me.

Again they had fantastic volunteers at the porta potties out on the course yelling out which ones were available.

IMG_1613_zps5511fdb9.jpg

Soon we went by Mile 1!

Not much happened during mile 2, they had a bunch of people out flying kites and let’s go fly a kite was blasting. It was cool but still way to dark to grab a pic.

I passed Mile 2, I was on the wrong side of the road for a pic, right before I passed the two girls who were taking pictures in front of me at the expo, small world.

Soon we came upon our first characters of the race!

IMG_1615_zpse9aec1db.jpg

Captain Jack and Barbosa were out! There line was a bit long and I had my heart set on the Princes so I skipped them for now. This part of the course is “doubled up” so I figured I’d hit them on my way back.

Next up were the guys I was most excited for the Princes!

And Hercules was out! What a hunk!

IMG_1618_zps7406feb3.jpg

He was too busy admiring Eric to pose for the camera at first haha

755043-1002-0039s_zpsbbac3c2a.jpg

Herclues told me I should stand by Eugene since I was dressed as his Princess. Eugene said that was fine with him but to make sure Pascal stayed far away from him haha.

I think I waited 5 mins for these lovely gentleman and it was so worth the wait, I loved it! These are honestly all of my favorite Princes together at once, heaven on earth :rotfl:

Next up was the Magic Kingdom gates

IMG_1621_zpse40becfb.jpg

These gates are the biggest tease ever, it’s still 2 miles from here until you get inside the Magic Kingdom :rotfl:

IMG_1622_zps4e5aa622.jpg

Mile 3!

IMG_1623_zps0faa7a7d.jpg

We ran on the outside of the speedway and they had some cars set up you could pose with, I didn’t stop and I kept going.

I reached the line for the Villians and it was pretty long, I debated waiting and I decided to go for it.

#YOLO

There was a group running together around me here with a young lady that had a shirt saying she was beating cancer. They were the happiest, funnest group I think I encountered on the race. There were 2 guys and 3 girls if I remember correctly. They stopped at the car photo op then the guys ran ahead to the next set of characters (the Villians) and the ladies hopped in line with them. Where do I find guys to do that for me?!

Anyways I reached the line for the Villians right before the guys of that group so I chatted with them for a bit while we were in line. They were all very inspiring running together in celebration of beating cancer. They loved my costume and even grabbed a picture of it!

The line for the villains was about 8mins.

755001-1003-0049s_zps18473e53.jpg

Cruella asked me if I was aware that there was a frog on my shoulder. I sassed back that it was a Chameleon!

I continued to wind through the TTC parking lot until I went under the bridge and ran by the monorail loading platform.

This is where I found Mile 4

IMG_1625_zps8fc77051.jpg

Not one of my best pics haha

These guys were out playing just past Mile 4, they were awesome!

IMG_1626_zps8ab6ce77.jpg

The course continued out of the TTC and down the road towards the Contemporary

IMG_1627_zpsb3f68391.jpg

There was an awesome DJ with huge Mickey hands up on this over pass. The energy here was incredible.

1922363_10152006960327825_683847625_n_zps1eec84a8.jpg

Here’s a better picture of him in the daylight from a fellow Princess.

I’m a hill girl so this hill didn’t feel like anything to me, I did run in the grass up it to get around people.

Soon enough I was turning towards backstage MK!

IMG_1628_zps88564639.jpg

This is where I found Mile 5

I'm going to leave off here for now but stay tuned!

The shot with the princes is wonderful!! And I love the villain collection you had. Can't wait to read more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter