Dinnerware Suggestions?

neverlandsky

DIS Veteran
In the market for new dinnerware. We currently have Corelle that's 12 years old, yet it's starting to show it's wear and tear, chips, and loss a few pieces to breakage. Any suggestions on new long lasting dinnerware?

Have you looked at melamine? Beautiful patterns coming from many companies. Only disadvantage is neither oven or microwave proof.
Williams-Sonoma has great sales throughout the year.

In the market for new dinnerware. We currently have Corelle that's 12 years old, yet it's starting to show it's wear and tear, chips, and loss a few pieces to breakage. Any suggestions on new long lasting dinnerware?

I vote for a new Corelle set.

Seriously, I did the same a few years ago. I got Fiesta ware pieces and new Corelle. We use the Corelle everyday and Fiesta not often.

I find the Corelle lightweight, takes up little space, holds up well, cleans easily.

I sent my grandmother's gold set with our sons at college. Still working for them.

I vote for a new Corelle set.

Seriously, I did the same a few years ago. I got Fiesta ware pieces and new Corelle. We use the Corelle everyday and Fiesta not often.

I find the Corelle lightweight, takes up little space, holds up well, cleans easily.

I sent my grandmother's gold set with our sons at college. Still working for them.
Good to know. Was looking at Fiestaware too.

Have you looked at melamine? Beautiful patterns coming from many companies. Only disadvantage is neither oven or microwave proof.
Williams-Sonoma has great sales throughout the year.
With teens we have to have microwave proof. They are beautiful!

I have Fiesta Ware and have for more than 10 years. It is nice, pretty, and holds up well but it is heavy. When I got a new dishwasher I had to be sure it fit as it was too thick for the Bosch. We have a few Corelle sandwich plates. I often think of getting new Corelle dishes if we downsize as we age.

I grew up with Corelle and wanted to get something prettier/more exciting when I got my own house. I have been through stoneware, fiesta ware, melamine... and are back to Corelle. 😉 It's just so durable, lightweight, easy to store... and affordable in the event something does break.

I grew up with Corelle and had it in every home except my current one. I've had a colorful set by Mikasa and the colors faded almost completely within 3 years. I'm going back to Corelle. They have some new innovative patterns.

We love Corelle! Grew up with it (still have the yellow/gold in my mother’s house), and we’ve had two sets ourselves (first was still ok, but we wanted to change colors after kitchen remodel). I remember in the ‘70s when we got the first set, the salesperson in the store was dropping pieces on the floor to show that it was hard to break. We’ve lost very few pieces over the years.

Corelle here too. I got married almost 32 years ago. I am on my 4th set since then, but only because I got bored with the pattern. A friends dd has my first set, my dd used by 2nd set in college (she's got roomies now that had dishes, so they are back in storage) and my son has my 3rd set in his home. Wouldn't use anything else.

I also vote new Corelle. I just updated my old set, which was from 2000 when I got married. I recently learned that the designs on older Corelle (pre-2005) contain lead in the paint, so I threw away my old set and bought a new, plain white set. I am loving the plain white a lot more than I thought I would, it looks so simple and clean. I have tried stonewear in the past but I'm so clumsy that it doesn't last, I end up breaking too many pieces and then have to replace the whole set. Don't get me wrong, I am capable of breaking Corelle too, but it's harder to do, I've dropped Corelle bowls on the tile floor and they didn't break somehow (sometimes Corelle+tile=explosion, but sometimes it doesn't).

I just bought new corelle in white linen (solid white with a textured rim). I really like that it is lightweight and takes up little cabinet space.

I've had a now-discontinued pattern of Pfaltzgraff for over 30 years. The stoneware is oven, dishwasher and freezer safe. You can buy in dinnerware sets, or individual pieces. I can even find my discontinued pattern on a replacement website, and also see some of it occassionally on ebay.

It is more than worth the investment made!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter